Canada has warm relations with India

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
Warm relations from a cold country is indeed something very special.

---

There have been irritants between Canada and India in the past, but fences were mended by former Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and relations are likely to continue to be positive, says Carleton University professor Vivek Dehejia.

For its part, India felt that Canada did not crack down on Canadian supporters of the Khalistan separatist movement which wanted a homeland for Sikhs in the Indian state of Punjab. It also resented the bungled investigation of the deadly bombing of an Air India jet in 1985 and failure of effective prosecution in the matter.

However, in 2006 Canada made a symbolic gesture to improve relations by opening a trade office in Gujarat, the home state of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. “In terms of mending that relationship, you have to give former Prime Minister Harper enormous credit in opening up a dialogue with Mr. Modi in India and…this was at a time when Mr. Modi was something of a pariah in Washington, in London and elsewhere,” says Dehejia. Harper warmly welcomed Modi on a state visit to Canada in April 2015.

It is still early days for Canada’s new government under Justin Trudeau, says Dehejia. “But I would say that in some sense the Trudeau government has…grasped the baton where the Harper government left it off. There have been no major summit meetings or opportunities for the two leaders to interact but I would like to think that the goodwill that was engendered during the Harper-Modi years…will carry over into the current government of Mr. Trudeau.”

Wait until they get your telephone numbers....you will never be rid of them.

Poor Sikhs-----everyone screws them

They tried to militarily secede from India and they got curbstomped as a result. Why empathize with treasonous scum?

Granted, a lot of Sikhs are pretty good people.

Do not pollute my threads with your bigotry against Sikhs. Sikhs are honorable and respectable group of people.

you are befuddled-----SIKHS is my faves-----but EVERYONE SCREWs THEM------MUSLIMS SCREW THEN AND HINDUS SCREW THEM. I AM NOT UNCONSCIOUS. Even in the USA, they have been attacked

---

There have been irritants between Canada and India in the past, but fences were mended by former Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and relations are likely to continue to be positive, says Carleton University professor Vivek Dehejia.

For its part, India felt that Canada did not crack down on Canadian supporters of the Khalistan separatist movement which wanted a homeland for Sikhs in the Indian state of Punjab. It also resented the bungled investigation of the deadly bombing of an Air India jet in 1985 and failure of effective prosecution in the matter.

However, in 2006 Canada made a symbolic gesture to improve relations by opening a trade office in Gujarat, the home state of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. “In terms of mending that relationship, you have to give former Prime Minister Harper enormous credit in opening up a dialogue with Mr. Modi in India and…this was at a time when Mr. Modi was something of a pariah in Washington, in London and elsewhere,” says Dehejia. Harper warmly welcomed Modi on a state visit to Canada in April 2015.

It is still early days for Canada’s new government under Justin Trudeau, says Dehejia. “But I would say that in some sense the Trudeau government has…grasped the baton where the Harper government left it off. There have been no major summit meetings or opportunities for the two leaders to interact but I would like to think that the goodwill that was engendered during the Harper-Modi years…will carry over into the current government of Mr. Trudeau.”

YAAAAYYYYY.... YAAAAYYYY ---LONG LIFE KHALISTAN ----
so there........vik

They tried to militarily secede from India and they got curbstomped as a result. Why empathize with treasonous scum?

Do not pollute my threads with your bigotry against Sikhs. Sikhs are honorable and respectable group of people.

you are befuddled-----SIKHS is my faves-----but EVERYONE SCREWs THEM------MUSLIMS SCREW THEN AND HINDUS SCREW THEM. I AM NOT UNCONSCIOUS. Even in the USA, they have been attacked

Hindus do not screw them but it seems like Jews want to screw them.

---

so there........vik

You are supporting a terrorist group which has been banned by the US government. But since you and your ilks are above the law, it does not really matter :)

I have never known a jew who had anything against Sikhs------
you are delusional. They are not being attacked in the USA BY DA JOOOOOOS-----you must have been visiting a mosque. (btw----I have heard some hindu "jokes"----about Sikhs-----not funny ----but the hindus laughed----you know any
SIKH jokes??) ------Sikhs do believe that hindus screw Sikhs----ask the guy who shot INDIRA

---

so there........vik

You are supporting a terrorist group which has been banned by the US government. But since you and your ilks are above the law, it does not really matter :)

really? the USA condemns the Khalistani persons??? I did not know

---

so there........vik

btw----what is my "ilk"-------peanut wallah???

---

so there........vik

PUNJAB FOR SIKHS YAAAYYYYYAAAAYYYYYY yipeeeee

Lol....on that note, Israeli officials praised India for the Operation Bluestar handiwork. It was all packed into those declassified files the Brits leaked a couple years back....Sikhs were outraged to know that the international powers turned a blind eye to India's perceived heavy-handedness in flushing out the Golden Temple.

Lol....on that note, Israeli officials praised India for the Operation Bluestar handiwork. It was all packed into those declassified files the Brits leaked a couple years back....Sikhs were outraged to know that the international powers turned a blind eye to India's perceived heavy-handedness in flushing out the Golden Temple.

Israel is a good friend of India. I do not have any knowledge of what their view was on Operation Bluestar but I will not be surprised if they supported India. That is what friends do -- support each other.

Note: There is a difference between Sikhs and Khalistanis. Sikhs are honorable people. Khalistanis are terrorists.

I have never known a jew who had anything against Sikhs------
you are delusional. They are not being attacked in the USA BY DA JOOOOOOS-----you must have been visiting a mosque. (btw----I have heard some hindu "jokes"----about Sikhs-----not funny ----but the hindus laughed----you know any
SIKH jokes??) ------Sikhs do believe that hindus screw Sikhs----ask the guy who shot INDIRA

Look in the mirror and you will see a Jew who has something against Sikhs.

Forum List

Back