Canada Bill C-51 Is Looking Very Shady And Bias, here's why

David Jeffrey Spetch

Nov 17, 2014
Canada Bill C-51 Is Looking Very Shady And Bias, here's why

From House Government Bill - Bill C-51 - First Reading 41-2

Definitions

2. The following definitions apply in this Act. It goes from (a) to (i) then says

For greater certainty, it does not include lawful advocacy, protest, dissent and artistic expression.

Yet in the enactment part of the Bill it states:

enactment

Whereas protecting Canada and its people against activities that undermine the security of Canada often transcends the mandate and capability of any one Government of Canada institution;

Whereas Parliament recognizes that information needs to be shared — and disparate information needs to be collated — in order to enable the Government to protect Canada and its people against activities that undermine the security of Canada;

Whereas information in respect of activities that undermine the security of Canada is to be shared in a manner that is consistent with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the protection of privacy;

Under PURPOSE AND PRINCIPLES it states

(d)the provision of feedback as to how shared information is used and as to whether it is useful in protecting against activities that undermine the security of Canada facilitates effective and responsible information sharing; and

(e) only those within an institution who exercise its jurisdiction or carry out its responsibilities in respect of activities that undermine the security of Canada ought to receive information that is disclosed under this Act.

42. The Act is amended by adding the following after section 12:

Measures to reduce threats to the security of Canada

12.1 (1) If there are reasonable grounds to believe that a particular activity constitutes a threat to the security of Canada, the Service may take measures, within or outside Canada, to reduce the threat.

So, if the government and it's institutions are lying to people and is factually proven that they are lying and you expose the government and it's institutions for betraying Canadians in reflection of the world around, It looks to me as though those in government can just say "That person is posing a threat to the security of Canada" then come confiscate your computer and charge you with terrorism.

But if you do not expose them and pat them on the back, then it is considered lawful advocacy?!!

They tell you that it doesn't include dissent and yet to me it looks like it does.

That most certainly is not acceptable for any Canadian citizen. What's next the electric Chair for people that actually care about and fight for the well being of Canadians Canada even if that means exposing government! What's next, is everyone going to have to wear a T-shirt with the Prime Ministers picture on it every day or face the guillotine?

For reasons as mentioned, I side with repealing Bill C-51

love

Primary Factual Fundamentalist World Class Activist
David Jeffrey Spetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Forum List

Back