Can you provide evidence that Obama's policies are the direct reason for the...

No president has been re-elected with an Unemployment figure over 7.2%. His is way over that when you consider all of those who quit looking. NEXT....

Those who "quit looking" are not included in the number you are referring to. They haven't been included for past presidents either. So why are you starting now?

That's true. Sorry. But what is the true Unemployment rate...closer to 16%? We are in a load of trouble. We need someone who knows what they are doing. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

FDR was relected TWICE with UE over 7.2%. People THEN ALSO knew the Pubs caused the debacle, as they ALWAYS DO. Bush. Raygun. Bush. 1920's. Will the dupes EVER wake up? Not 30% of 'em. Absolute brainwashed morons LOL!

Unemployment is a classic lagging economic indicator. We were bleeding jobs when Obama came into office as a result of the Bush economic meltdown of late 2008.

That there's the biggie. When President Obama took office, we were losing 700,000 jobs a month. We are now gaining jobs. How do you spin that as bad?
Over 300K people signed up for first time benefits . How is this a gain:cuckoo:

Unemployment is a classic lagging economic indicator. We were bleeding jobs when Obama came into office as a result of the Bush economic meltdown of late 2008.

That there's the biggie. When President Obama took office, we were losing 700,000 jobs a month. We are now gaining jobs. How do you spin that as bad?

Even under the best economies, people still get fired and companies still down size. The presence of unemployed people does not mean the economy is doing poorly.

Plus, 300,000 is WAY better than we have had in a while. I'd be very happy with that number!

Even under the best economies, people still get fired and companies still down size. The presence of unemployed people does not mean the economy is doing poorly.

Plus, 300,000 is WAY better than we have had in a while. I'd be very happy with that number!

tell them that.

tell them that.

You're not very bright, are you?

Are you honestly suggesting only when no one gets fired, that is when the economy will be good?

...increase in unemployment rate during his presidency?

Keep in my mind that Obama said in mid 2009 that he expected the unemployment rate would likely rise to 10% in the next couple of years.

Obama Sees 10% Unemployment Rate, Chides Wall Street Critics - Bloomberg

I don't think it's fair to put all of the blame on Obama simply because he is president.
Obama has created 2.5 million jobs and saved even more. I do agree he could have done more (how much?), but I have yet to be convinced that Obama is the reason why the unemployment rate is as high as it is.

I really am open to answers on this. I want answers that illlustrate how his policies have been detrimental on a national level.

From 2001 to 2008, Republicans and the Chamber of Commerce working with China moved millions of jobs to China and closed tens of thousands of American factories. Democrats had control of congress only two years out of Bush's eight. The first six years is when all the damage was done. The last two years of the Bush administration is when six years of dreadful policies started to really take effect. By the time Obama became president, the country was losing jobs at the rate of 750,000 a month. Obama was sworn in during Jan. By the end of Bush's last budget in October, unemployment peaked at over 10%.
Republicans want to pretend the country fell apart overnight and it's the Democrat's fault. But only some either really stupid, gullible or delusional could possibly believe such nonsense. Bush made sure the Democrats couldn't pass anything that could help the economy during the last two years of his administration. Republicans have damaged this country way beyond anything al Qaeda even dreamed of.

Keep in my mind that Obama said in mid 2009 that he expected the unemployment rate would likely rise to 10% in the next couple of years.

I don't think it's fair to put all of the blame on Obama simply because he is president.
Obama has created 2.5 million jobs and saved even more. I do agree he could have done more (how much?), but I have yet to be convinced that Obama is the reason why the unemployment rate is as high as it is.

I really am open to answers on this. I want answers that illlustrate how his policies have been detrimental on a national level.

From 2001 to 2008, Republicans and the Chamber of Commerce working with China moved millions of jobs to China and closed tens of thousands of American factories. Democrats had control of congress only two years out of Bush's eight. The first six years is when all the damage was done. The last two years of the Bush administration is when six years of dreadful policies started to really take effect. By the time Obama became president, the country was losing jobs at the rate of 750,000 a month. Obama was sworn in during Jan. By the end of Bush's last budget in October, unemployment peaked at over 10%.
Republicans want to pretend the country fell apart overnight and it's the Democrat's fault. But only some either really stupid, gullible or delusional could possibly believe such nonsense. Bush made sure the Democrats couldn't pass anything that could help the economy during the last two years of his administration. Republicans have damaged this country way beyond anything al Qaeda even dreamed of.

The Chamber of Commerce worked with China to move millions of jobs to China? Are you REALLY this dumb, Deanie? I swear to God, someone unscrewed something in your head and all the smarts drained out. All you've left now is the crap you read on Huff Post and see on MSNBC. There are some idiots that post on this board...but day in and day out YOU prove yourself the biggest.

Obama has created 2.5 million jobs...

Government cannot create jobs, it can only take them. Any money used by government to hire someone must first be taken OUT of the economy, typically from the most productive and likely-to-hire-others citizens. Then that money gets run through corrupt and inefficient bureaucracies before a dime can be spent on any "stimulus" hiring.

Saying Obama created jobs is like you walking into a grocery store, taking money from the register, then handing it to a homeless guy (less your expenses and whatever fell through that hole in your pocket of course), then calling it stimulus when that homeless guy walks into the grocery store to buy beer. You took the money from the job creator and gave it to the guy least likely to hire anyone. That's job creation for imbeciles.

Government can create jobs. Governments always have and always will; stupid partisan hacks will continue to state otherwise because they are too lazy to critically think through the issue.

The National Highway Act of 1956 is a perfect counterpoint to the oft used and never proved postulate "Government cannot create jobs". Drive along any interstate and count the businesses on frontage roads - food, gas, lodging by the hundreds of thousands.

Drive along the older back roads and you'll see boarded up buildings and entire town centers that virtually disappeared. The government didn't create the jobs along the interstates, it simply moved them.

There are fewer people working today than when Obama took office. How do you spin that as good?

Actually, no, that's not true. More people are working today than when Obama took office.

If you had bothered to look this up before posting, you would know that.

Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

From your link choosing Civilian Employment:

Jan 2009, 142201
Nov 2011, 140580

That's fewer people employed.

There are fewer people working today than when Obama took office. How do you spin that as good?

Actually, no, that's not true. More people are working today than when Obama took office.

If you had bothered to look this up before posting, you would know that.

Top Picks (Most Requested Statistics) : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

From your link choosing Civilian Employment:

Jan 2009, 142201
Nov 2011, 140580

That's fewer people employed.

Ooopsie!....:lmao:

Bush's budget didn't end in October, it ended in March.

Read The Bill: H.R. 2638 [110th] - GovTrack.us

It doesn't take an economic genius to figure out that the economy is losing fewer jobs than we were in 2008 and 2009. We have had months and months of job GAINS.

States cut 49,000 jobs over the past year and localities 210,000, according to an analysis of Labor Department statistics. There are 30,000 fewer federal workers now than a year ago — including 5,300 Postal Service jobs canceled last month.

By contrast, private-sector jobs have increased by 1.6 million over the past 12 months. But the state, local and federal job losses have become a drag on efforts to nudge the nation's unemployment rate down from its painfully high 9.1 percent.

http://www.yahoo.com/w/news_america..._host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=us&.lang=en-us

Doesn't help the situation, does it?

It doesn't take an economic genius to figure out that the economy is losing fewer jobs than we were in 2008 and 2009. We have had months and months of job GAINS.

States cut 49,000 jobs over the past year and localities 210,000, according to an analysis of Labor Department statistics. There are 30,000 fewer federal workers now than a year ago — including 5,300 Postal Service jobs canceled last month.

By contrast, private-sector jobs have increased by 1.6 million over the past 12 months. But the state, local and federal job losses have become a drag on efforts to nudge the nation's unemployment rate down from its painfully high 9.1 percent.

http://www.yahoo.com/w/news_america..._host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=us&.lang=en-us

But it does take an ignoramus to figure that is really good news when it isnt.

Typically recoveries are robust, with strong job growth. This one isn't.

Are those

a) public or private sector jobs?

b) Fulltime jobs?

c) Living wage jobs?

d) Equivalent in compensation to what was lost?

You're delusional. There are about 5 million fewer people working in the USA today than there were the day that the Big 0 tool office. Your quoting jobs figures that simply are not true.

If jobs were "saved" and "created" there would be more jobs, not fewer jobs.

The population has continued to grow, the jobs continue to shrink.

In what possible form of logic can you justify the created or saved meme that the owned profess?

What makes these figures untrue? Just because something sounds right, it doesn't mean it is right. You can dispute facts

If he saved jobs, that means they didn't disappear. If he created jobs, that means there are additional jobs.

He's down 5 million.

He has saved or created nothing. There are 5 million fewer jobs. What kind of math did you learn in the failing public school system?

Right...Fewer gubmint bureaucratic parasites draining the already anemic influx of tax revenue is such a drag on the economy.

Here's an idea....Let's make everybody a bureaucrat, send the unemployment rate to 0%, and economic Nirvana will be ours! :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back