Can we reasonably discuss Trump?

I haven't made any "conjectures about Trump" dumbass you did youve set up this whole thread to deny trump is racist sexst homophobic and you declared yourself judge and jury in deciding it.

you cherry pick who and what you respond too you still haven't shown anything to explain why trump isn't any of those things you listed or even why the whole country (including many who voted for him) believe he is.

No, you made numerous conjectures about Trump and I dismantled them with facts. I don't have to prove a negative. It's not up to me to prove Trump is not a racist. It is up to you to prove that he is and so far you haven't. All you can do is spew nonsense arguments based on hyperbole and rhetoric. You have nothing of substance to offer.
we've proven it it takes either complete fucking imbecile too see his isn't one or someone who will deny it no matter what like your on his campaign staff

you saying "I will deny trump is racist no matter what anyone says" doesn't mean anything

This viewpoint was in our local paper this a.m.--op ed section, folks, not fake news.

CONTRIBUTORS
Trump’s attack on John Lewis fits a pattern of demagoguery

By Francis Wilkinson, Bloomberg View
Posted Jan. 22, 2017, at 10:01 a.m.

In November 2015, when most Republicans and political journalists, including this one, were discounting Donald Trump’s ability to win the presidency, Trump tweeted an image of a thuggish-looking dark-skinned man holding a handgun over a set of 2015 statistics about race and crime.

The statistics, attributed to the nonexistent “Crime Statistics Bureau — San Francisco” for a year that then wasn’t even concluded, were transparently bogus. But two related data points were especially notable.

One said that 81 percent of white victims of homicide in the U.S. had been murdered by blacks. The companion stat indicated that white murderers accounted for only 16 percent of white homicides. In reality, FBI statistics for 2014, the most recent year available then, proved the inverse; whites were responsible for 82 percent of white homicides.

Trump’s data were fake, but as a window into the means and ends of his propaganda, the false stats proved highly relevant. Fear of violent black crime was a constant theme of Trump’s campaign.

“And by the way, do you know,” he said at a campaign event in Panama City, Florida, on Oct. 11, 2016, “it was just announced that murder is the highest it’s been in our country in 45 years?”

No such announcement took place because no such fact existed. Instead, the murder rate from 1991 to 2015 fell roughly by half. The day after his Panama City remarks, Trump repeated the falsehood in Lakeland, Florida. “We have the highest murder rate in this country in 45 years,” he told his audience.

A partial list of the organizations that fact-checked this Trump statement, and publicly corrected it, includes The Washington Post, Factcheck.org, the Guardian, Vox, the Los Angeles Times and MSNBC. No matter: Trump kept repeating it.

But he didn’t just repeat it. He combined it with another offering: that black urban neighborhoods are wildly violent. Not Chicago’s gang-infested pockets, or Baltimore’s downtown — specific neighborhoods that truly are violent. Trump seemed to be saying that any urban black neighborhood is horrifying.

“The violence. The death. The lack of education. No jobs,” he said. Walk the streets, Trump said, and “buy a loaf of bread and you end up getting shot.” This was the basis of Trump’s faux appeal for black votes: With your lives and streets in ruins, he asked, “What do you have to lose?”

If you combine Trump’s false statistics and his apocalyptic picture of black life, you get the political point of this exercise: Crime is out of control, and we know who is responsible.

Trump still is at it. The claims he made on Twitter last weekend that Democratic Rep. John Lewis’s congressional district is “in horrible shape and falling apart (not to mention crime infested)” were, naturally, false. Lewis’s Georgia district, the 5th, ranks 158th in well-being (gauged by education levels, crime, life expectancy, other factors) of 435 congressional districts, or roughly in the top third in the country, according to the American Human Development Index.

Ignorance may be one of Trump’s most salient traits. It’s unlikely, for example, that Trump is familiar with extensive social science on white fears of black crime. But his racial politics are not coincidental or unknowing. Breitbart, the propaganda site favored by white nationalists that was run by Trump’s chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, once used the heading “Black Crime” to organize articles. The recurring theme is evidence of a campaign, not an idiosyncrasy.

Lewis, a heroic victim of white racist brutality, may seem an unlikely Willie Horton. Yet, Trump still found a way to make Lewis a representative — literally — of black crime and dysfunction. We shouldn’t underestimate Trump’s ignorance. But as the Lewis episode reveals, we also shouldn’t underestimate his capacity for demagogy.

Francis Wilkinson writes editorials on politics and U.S. domestic policy for Bloomberg View.

John Lewis got exactly what he deserved. You don't get to criticize people with impunity because you were a civil rights icon back in the day. Sorry.

And by the fucking way... OP-ED pieces are NOT news. They are editorials... OPINIONS! Hence the name, MORON!
I was responding to posters who were puzzling over why so many blacks seem concerned that Trump is racist. However, as much as it was an opinion,, I believe the writer did back up his argument with facts. No reason to get all cranky about it.

You posted an OP-ED and claimed it wasn't fake news. Technically, you're correct because it's not news at all... it's opinion. I don't know if his facts are correct or not. It doesn't matter because it's using a false context of what Trump implied. Trump was merely responding to Lewis calling him an illegitimate president and said Lewis should be more focused on his district.

Is Trump a Narcissist? Perhaps, but he has quite a long way to go before he even gets close to 0bama's level of self love.
If he was a narcissist, the people around him would show it. His kids and exe would hate him, he wouldn't be as universally loved and respected as he is, there would be crowds of ppl stepping forward with stories about him. He is self confident, sure of himself, a leader. Just because a person stands strong dies not make him a narcissist. The left thinks ppl who own their lives, instead of groveling and mouthing platitudes and lies to make them appear apologetic for their success, are narcissistic. It's just another example of how they use language incorrectly, and for the purpose of creating rhetoric

I haven't made any "conjectures about Trump" dumbass you did youve set up this whole thread to deny trump is racist sexst homophobic and you declared yourself judge and jury in deciding it.

you cherry pick who and what you respond too you still haven't shown anything to explain why trump isn't any of those things you listed or even why the whole country (including many who voted for him) believe he is.

No, you made numerous conjectures about Trump and I dismantled them with facts. I don't have to prove a negative. It's not up to me to prove Trump is not a racist. It is up to you to prove that he is and so far you haven't. All you can do is spew nonsense arguments based on hyperbole and rhetoric. You have nothing of substance to offer.
we've proven it it takes either complete fucking imbecile too see his isn't one or someone who will deny it no matter what like your on his campaign staff

you saying "I will deny trump is racist no matter what anyone says" doesn't mean anything

No, you've proven you will believe your own rhetoric. You've not proven Trump is a racist and you can't prove it because there's no evidence of it. I didn't vote for Trump, I'm not a "Trump-lover" and I disagree with him on a lot of issues as well as how he handles criticism. So I think I am fair-minded and impartial here, but you can't even convince me he is a racist.

The most important point here is, you're not gaining any ground politically with this. If anything, you are doing more damage to your party and it's future. I don't mind because I think your party needs to fail and I will continue to post threads like this to antagonize you and make you do more damage.

No, you've proven you will believe your own rhetoric. You've not proven Trump is a racist and you can't prove it because there's no evidence of it. I didn't vote for Trump, I'm not a "Trump-lover" and I disagree with him on a lot of issues as well as how he handles criticism. So I think I am fair-minded and impartial here, but you can't even convince me he is a racist.

The most important point here is, you're not gaining any ground politically with this. If anything, you are doing more damage to your party and it's future. I don't mind because I think your party needs to fail and I will continue to post threads like this to antagonize you and make you do more damage.
It not my rhetoric dumbass? did you get this from me? is this accusation that trump is a bigot new information too you?

your such a lying troll so first you say you didn't vote for trump now your saying my whole party (which im assuming you mean democrats) deserves to fail lol. Who did you vote for the american nazi party?

Is Trump a Narcissist? Perhaps, but he has quite a long way to go before he even gets close to 0bama's level of self love.
If he was a narcissist, the people around him would show it. His kids and exe would hate him, he wouldn't be as universally loved and respected as he is, there would be crowds of ppl stepping forward with stories about him. He is self confident, sure of himself, a leader. Just because a person stands strong dies not make him a narcissist. The left thinks ppl who own their lives, instead of groveling and mouthing platitudes and lies to make them appear apologetic for their success, are narcissistic. It's just another example of how they use language incorrectly, and for the purpose of creating rhetoric

It really all depends on how you define narcissism. Like I said, it takes a certain degree of narcissism just to seek the office of president... you have to think pretty highly of yourself to think you deserve to be elected to that office. Even George Washington had a little bit of narcissism.

That said, I think what the left misinterprets as narcissism in Trump is actually his confidence. He is VERY confident. That's a very positive attribute for any leader to have.

It not my rhetoric dumbass? did you get this from me? is this accusation that trump is a bigot new information too you?

your such a lying troll so first you say you didn't vote for trump now your saying my whole party (which im assuming you mean democrats) deserves to fail lol. Who did you vote for the american nazi party?

Yep... your rhetoric, you said it, you own it.

Just because I didn't vote for Trump doesn't mean I didn't vote for any republicans. You see... here's you problem, dipshit... you leap to conclusions based on very little information. It causes you to be an imbecile.

This viewpoint was in our local paper this a.m.--op ed section, folks, not fake news.

CONTRIBUTORS
Trump’s attack on John Lewis fits a pattern of demagoguery

By Francis Wilkinson, Bloomberg View
Posted Jan. 22, 2017, at 10:01 a.m.

In November 2015, when most Republicans and political journalists, including this one, were discounting Donald Trump’s ability to win the presidency, Trump tweeted an image of a thuggish-looking dark-skinned man holding a handgun over a set of 2015 statistics about race and crime.

The statistics, attributed to the nonexistent “Crime Statistics Bureau — San Francisco” for a year that then wasn’t even concluded, were transparently bogus. But two related data points were especially notable.

One said that 81 percent of white victims of homicide in the U.S. had been murdered by blacks. The companion stat indicated that white murderers accounted for only 16 percent of white homicides. In reality, FBI statistics for 2014, the most recent year available then, proved the inverse; whites were responsible for 82 percent of white homicides.

Trump’s data were fake, but as a window into the means and ends of his propaganda, the false stats proved highly relevant. Fear of violent black crime was a constant theme of Trump’s campaign.

“And by the way, do you know,” he said at a campaign event in Panama City, Florida, on Oct. 11, 2016, “it was just announced that murder is the highest it’s been in our country in 45 years?”

No such announcement took place because no such fact existed. Instead, the murder rate from 1991 to 2015 fell roughly by half. The day after his Panama City remarks, Trump repeated the falsehood in Lakeland, Florida. “We have the highest murder rate in this country in 45 years,” he told his audience.

A partial list of the organizations that fact-checked this Trump statement, and publicly corrected it, includes The Washington Post, Factcheck.org, the Guardian, Vox, the Los Angeles Times and MSNBC. No matter: Trump kept repeating it.

But he didn’t just repeat it. He combined it with another offering: that black urban neighborhoods are wildly violent. Not Chicago’s gang-infested pockets, or Baltimore’s downtown — specific neighborhoods that truly are violent. Trump seemed to be saying that any urban black neighborhood is horrifying.

“The violence. The death. The lack of education. No jobs,” he said. Walk the streets, Trump said, and “buy a loaf of bread and you end up getting shot.” This was the basis of Trump’s faux appeal for black votes: With your lives and streets in ruins, he asked, “What do you have to lose?”

If you combine Trump’s false statistics and his apocalyptic picture of black life, you get the political point of this exercise: Crime is out of control, and we know who is responsible.

Trump still is at it. The claims he made on Twitter last weekend that Democratic Rep. John Lewis’s congressional district is “in horrible shape and falling apart (not to mention crime infested)” were, naturally, false. Lewis’s Georgia district, the 5th, ranks 158th in well-being (gauged by education levels, crime, life expectancy, other factors) of 435 congressional districts, or roughly in the top third in the country, according to the American Human Development Index.

Ignorance may be one of Trump’s most salient traits. It’s unlikely, for example, that Trump is familiar with extensive social science on white fears of black crime. But his racial politics are not coincidental or unknowing. Breitbart, the propaganda site favored by white nationalists that was run by Trump’s chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, once used the heading “Black Crime” to organize articles. The recurring theme is evidence of a campaign, not an idiosyncrasy.

Lewis, a heroic victim of white racist brutality, may seem an unlikely Willie Horton. Yet, Trump still found a way to make Lewis a representative — literally — of black crime and dysfunction. We shouldn’t underestimate Trump’s ignorance. But as the Lewis episode reveals, we also shouldn’t underestimate his capacity for demagogy.

Francis Wilkinson writes editorials on politics and U.S. domestic policy for Bloomberg View.

John Lewis got exactly what he deserved. You don't get to criticize people with impunity because you were a civil rights icon back in the day. Sorry.

And by the fucking way... OP-ED pieces are NOT news. They are editorials... OPINIONS! Hence the name, MORON!
I was responding to posters who were puzzling over why so many blacks seem concerned that Trump is racist. However, as much as it was an opinion,, I believe the writer did back up his argument with facts. No reason to get all cranky about it.

You posted an OP-ED and claimed it wasn't fake news. Technically, you're correct because it's not news at all... it's opinion. I don't know if his facts are correct or not. It doesn't matter because it's using a false context of what Trump implied. Trump was merely responding to Lewis calling him an illegitimate president and said Lewis should be more focused on his district.
Yes, you're right--I was pointing out that the "Alternative Facts" Brigade should keep its mouth shut because it is in fact an op ed.
I don't know if his facts are correct or not. It doesn't matter because it's using a false context of what Trump implied.
I found it generally enlightening, not necessarily focused on Trump's angry bird tweet to Lewis.
I would suggest that if his facts are correct, you might entertain the notion that Trump has shared some pretty ignorant garbage. Why is an old WASP defending people of color to a black guy? What is wrong with this picture? LOL

Yep... your rhetoric, you said it, you own it.

Just because I didn't vote for Trump doesn't mean I didn't vote for any republicans. You see... here's you problem, dipshit... you leap to conclusions based on very little information. It causes you to be an imbecile.
so who did you vote for dumbass? easy question

It really all depends on how you define narcissism. Like I said, it takes a certain degree of narcissism just to seek the office of president... you have to think pretty highly of yourself to think you deserve to be elected to that office. Even George Washington had a little bit of narcissism.

That said, I think what the left misinterprets as narcissism in Trump is actually his confidence. He is VERY confident. That's a very positive attribute for any leader to have.
No, I don't dictate the definition of narcissism. The word has a meaning, it isn't subjective. That's my point.

the

Sure it does. Saying he is racist is meaningless rhetoric unless you have specific examples of racism...which you don't.

the

Sure it does. Saying he is racist is meaningless rhetoric unless you have specific examples of racism...which you don't.
sure do.... what have you been living under a rock?

the

sure do.... what have you been living under a rock?
You saying it over and.over.doesn't make it so. No evidence whatever of racism. None. Which makes you a liar, and a racist, yourself.

[

Hillary and Obama combined haven't done shit for anyone but themselves. Everything they ever did was in their own interest. International Democrats are as full of shit as the ones we have here.

Though the one difference is you're an obedient lot doing as your American masters tell you to do and thinking what they tell you to think. Then again, looking at America's record of success no wonder Kiwis would obey.

Who is not a narcissist? I'll go with Rand Paul. There aren't many you've heard of. The narcissists go into leadership. What is government but taking other people's stuff and buying power. It's a pursuit that attracts narcissists

Huh? NZ is kinda the opposite of the US. We don't do anything you say. In fact you suspended the ANZUS agreement because we refused to let your nuke ships in our ports.

So, you just don't like politicians. Whoopty fucking do. Instead of moaning, put your hand up and do something about it. I'm reasonably happy with our political system and most politicians. You're the guys bitching 24/7 about yours - not just the right, but the left, and in the case of you, everything in between.

I'm a centrist. Always have been. It's just this time around, the GoP choice is soooo bad. I mean beyond belief.

Ouch, got under your skin! Another crying Democrat, bulls eye.

And you come on the site every day and think what Americans tell you to think. Democrats love your not letting nuke ships in your ports. Good job, Americans told you what to think and you thought it

??

You're obeying Democrats. They love having countries stick it in our face for doing things like blocking nuclear ships. How did you not get that? Did you need a Democrat to explain it to you?

Trump's a pig, sure, with things he's said about women. But he's never said anything racist. You're just a ho of the Democrat party parroting their lies. You picked the wrong bird, PurpleParrot

Trump's a pig, sure, with things he's said about women. But he's never said anything racist. You're just a ho of the Democrat party parroting their lies. You picked the wrong bird, PurpleParrot
what did he say bad about women? are you claiming he's a sexist misogynistic rapist?

what did he say bad about women? are you claiming he's a sexist misogynistic rapist?

No, just a pig, Mr. Hyperbole. Here's how you know that's what I meant. It's what I said. Don't you care for your country at all that you have to keep up that ridiculous hysterical hyperbole? The election is over, you lost. Let's move forward

Lol I see you deserted the racism thing. Can't think of one instance, can ya..

No, just a pig
prove it!!! substantiate your claim right now or else it's completely false and I win

I look forward to the day all these mentally ill, criminal trolls are permanently housed in the.prisons and mental institutions where they obviously belong.

Forum List

Back