Zone1 Can we get videos like this to show up like youtube/rumble links? (DailyMail)

Jim H - VA USA

Plutonium Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 19, 2020
Hi, USMB overlords and keyboard warriors.

Can we get videos like this to show a preview and play in the post like youtube and rumble links?

I post lots of videos from The DailMail, and it would be nice if they would show more than a link.

If I am doing it wrong, please advise and I will reward you immensely. If you implement this idea because of my request, I will reward you double immensely.

Thanks,
Jim

Find video.
Copy the URL.
Go to more options>media at the top of the reply window.
Paste URL in the slot indicated.
Hit continue.
Add comment if desired.
Hit post reply.
That's it.

Last edited:

Can we get videos like this to show a preview and play in the post like youtube and rumble links?

I post lots of videos from The DailMail, and it would be nice if they would show more than a link.

If I am doing it wrong, please advise and I will reward you immensely. If you implement this idea because of my request, I will reward you double immensely.

Thanks,
Jim

You can right-click on the video URL and select "save link as" to save it on your computer. Then use the "attach files" box with the paper clip symbol at the bottom. That's the only way I know how, unless you upload the video to your Youtube page if you have one.

That'll be ten bucks please. :laughing0301:

Attachments

• 640x360_MP4_33229675177856812.mp4
    2.5 MB

Thanks,
Jim
Looking at the list of valid sites to pull media content, I don't see DailyMail listed .. I did a test with YouTube and it works fine.

You can right-click on the video URL and select "save link as" to save it on your computer. Then use the "attach files" box with the paper clip symbol at the bottom. That's the only way I know how, unless you upload the video to your Youtube page if you have one.

That'll be ten bucks please. :laughing0301:
Yeah, I knew that. I don't want to download the videos.

But because you were so nice, have an immense reward...

cttWYQp.gif

abell46s-reface.gif

Looking at the list of valid sites to pull media content, I don't see DailyMail listed .. I did a test with YouTube and it works fine.
Looks like the link is an autoplay video for smart phones. This site does not seem to accept them.

Yeah, for youtube and rumble, you don't even have to do anything special. You can just post the link.

It's a really nice feature. One of many here at USMB, a very-well-run website.

Last edited:
Find video.
Copy the URL.
Go to more options>media at the top of the reply window.
Paste URL in the slot indicated.
Hit continue.
Add comment if desired.
Hit post reply.
That's it.
I tried that. Doesn't work for the link, since it's DailyMail.

1677204642804.png

Yes .. existing YouTube video ... I selected the ellipses [...], share, copy link and then pasted it in the "Enter Media URL" textbox in the Media Option listed in the toolbar.

Gotcha. But that wasn't the same video the OP mentioned, was it?

Looks like the link is an autoplay video for smart phones. This site does not seem to accept them.
Looking at the iframe created by YouTube, it looks like you can disable autoplay feature

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="YouTube" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's just a link to an MP4. I am on a computer. Clicking on the link plays the video.

I do have adblocker. If someone sees an add when they click (or tap) on the link, instead of a video of Pete Buttigieg, I would appreciate hearing that.

Thanks,
Jim
click on video

Attachments

• blendervideo0000-0449-synced-XMoWd.mp4
    375 KB
Similar video from a different location.
Yeah, I know I can look for the video elsewhere. I have done that countless times with success.

Can also download the video and post it, but that's crazy, because then USMB servers have to host it.

Since my link in the OP is to an already-hosted MP4 file, the fix is probably easy (easy for me to say.)

Thanks,
Jim

It's just a link to an MP4. I am on a computer. Clicking on the link plays the video.

I do have adblocker. If someone sees an add when they click (or tap) on the link, instead of a video of Pete Buttigieg, I would appreciate hearing that.
There is an "insert video" button there I've never used. I've always taken it to be a function where you upload video from your computer. Try saving it and uploading it.

There is an "insert video" button there I've never used. I've always taken it to be a function where you upload video from your computer. Try saving it and uploading it.
Please see Post 17. Video is already hosted. No need to download it, upload it, and then host it on USMB servers.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back