can we get rid of dhs please? adds and enforces 6 year old on terrorist no-fly list

That it happens at all shows it happens to much. Just FYI, usually you have to wait longer than an hour, sometimes a lot longer. If you miss your cruise because you miss your flight, who pays for that?

Honestly, I do not know, but come on QW how often does that happen?

if it happens once its too much you statist, big government piece of shit

Nope if it happens once , but the same process saves 400 people from being blown up, sorry for the inconvenience.

main.jpg

TSA | Who We Are
IT REFERS TO THEMSELVES AS WE.

nope and I don't think their all invasive bullshit is worth their incompetence

Welp, your insane.

Invasive :lol: You show up and take your shoes off walk through a metal detector and show a state issued picture ID. Those fucking natzis

and now you go into a database that tracks all your info about the flight including seat, to and from, type of payment, etc and now you get scanned by an xray machine that allows pervs and pedos to look at you and your kids and spouses privates as you travel. they also can search your bags based on loose criteria a tond let ged loser tsa people act as tough guys towards you whenever they have a bad day.

This from the gubbermint people who cannot add a single line of data to a list of names? Homeland Security is a disgrace.

What other expenses? You should be compensated for the hour you have to wait for the next flight? :lol:

And how often do you think something like this happens out of the millions of peple who fly everyday?

That it happens at all shows it happens to much. Just FYI, usually you have to wait longer than an hour, sometimes a lot longer. If you miss your cruise because you miss your flight, who pays for that?

How often does it have to happen before you think something should be done about it.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: blu

How often does it have to happen before you think something should be done about it.

Now come on, I didn't say nothing should be done about it, and I'm sure they are working on the goof up. Good Lord.

Now come on, I didn't say nothing should be done about it, and I'm sure they are working on the goof up. Good Lord.

They're working on it, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. After all, how often can any kid appear on the no fly list?

4-year-old on government ?no-fly? list - U.S. news - Security - msnbc.com

How an 8-Year-Old Got On the No-Fly List - Misidentification has earned Mikey Hicks repeated pat-downs

Wow, in addition to the OP that makes at least 3 times, just from my personal knowledge. Want to do a Google search on it and see how often it happens? It has been happening since the TSA was created, and it is still happening after Obama said we were going to stop using no fly lists and make intelligent decisions about stuff like this. Looks like that worked out about as well as I expected.

Homeland Security is nothing more than a cobbling together of gubbermint agencies that existed before 9/11, and failed. Since its creation, they have failed miserably to protect us but have succeeded at annoying us, running up the gubbermint payroll, trying to bully us and spending money in a way that makes DOD look like a penny-pincher.

In short, it is a failure. An expensive one.

And BTW ConHog, since you wanna be anal about grammar when a proper noun refers to a group, it is correct usage to employ either the plural or the singular.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Alright everyone raise hands WHO FLYS here? I deal with these idiot ass holes every few weeks.

Alright everyone raise hands WHO FLYS here? I deal with these idiot ass holes every few weeks.

I avoid it so that none of the TSA idiots slam me against a wall when I call them on their idiocy. I think that one indication of intelligence is realizing what situations to avoid. Me dealing with idiots who think children are terrorists because their name is on a list is a situation to avoid at all costs, because my name would end up on the same list for annoying the stupid pricks who think that way.

Yeah...cut your fucking leg off to heal your stubbed toe. Brilliant...

Riddle me this then, PatekPhillipe. When does a gubbermint agency's performance fall so low, so far below standards, that we get to say "Hey, I ain't getting value for money here. Lemme re-think this."

No one is saying stop protecting the US and its air travelers. What I am saying is fire every goddamned person employed by Homeland Security and all its fingertip agencies. Cancel all its contracts. Start over with the idea of getting an efficient, cost-effective agency built from the ground up next time.

Or do you just enjoy paying 1,000 times what an item is worth? Do you feel safer being protected by idiots who evidentially cannot organize a bake sale?

Riddle me this then, PatekPhillipe. When does a gubbermint agency's performance fall so low, so far below standards, that we get to say "Hey, I ain't getting value for money here. Lemme re-think this."

No one is saying stop protecting the US and its air travelers. What I am saying is fire every goddamned person employed by Homeland Security and all its fingertip agencies. Cancel all its contracts. Start over with the idea of getting an efficient, cost-effective agency built from the ground up next time.

Or do you just enjoy paying 1,000 times what an item is worth? Do you feel safer being protected by idiots who evidentially cannot organize a bake sale?

Well, damn, by those standards we would fire well virtually everyone employed by the federal government, including Congress and the President.

Let's do it.

Watch out, you are starting to sound like a Tea Partier.

Watch out, you are starting to sound like a Tea Partier.

Maddie is a tea bagee?:lol:

You cannot be serious!!!! Fire everyone in the Coast Guard? What did they do wrong? Fire everyone in the TSA? What did they do wrong? Fire all the border patrol agents? C'mon now..... How about instead of a knee jerk reaction we take a look at the leadership and policies in place that allowed this to happen....

I've never had a problem with them....as a matter of fact I compliment them on the job they're doing....it isn't easy putting up with fucking assholes who bitch and complain about having to take their laptops out of the case and have to throw away their water because they still can't remember that no liquids over 100ml are aloud in their carryons.

You cannot be serious!!!! Fire everyone in the Coast Guard? What did they do wrong? Fire everyone in the TSA? What did they do wrong? Fire all the border patrol agents? C'mon now..... How about instead of a knee jerk reaction we take a look at the leadership and policies in place that allowed this to happen....

Much more fun to make idiotic statements that you know your idiotic left wing morons will rep you for, plus that way you don't have to think. Just remember if a LEO of any sort is involved. bash them.

I've never had a problem with them....as a matter of fact I compliment them on the job they're doing....it isn't easy putting up with fucking assholes who bitch and complain about having to take their laptops out of the case and have to throw away their water because they still can't remember that no liquids over 100ml are aloud in their carryons.

I don't have any problem with them either, but that's b/c I follow the procedures, and oh yeah the military ID doesn't hurt. :lol:

Syrenn is just pissed off because they have started forcing her to purchase two seats when she flies alone. :lol:

This is one of those lose-lose situations for DHS. I'm reminded of the movie Terminator when the Arnold Schwartzenegger character systematically kills all the Sarah Connors he finds in the telephone directory until he finds the real one he's looking for. Same thing here: There is probably a good reason for that particular name to remain on the no-fly list even though there's a six year old with the same name. But the news media is pretty good at turning this around and make it look like a matter of bureaucratic incompetency.

It would be more accurate to say that there's a six year old whose name is the same as a person on the no-fly list. But reporting that a six year old has been placed on the list makes for bigger headlines.

So much for journalistic integrity.

That makes sense, except for the fat that the 6 year old is the one getting hassled by the TSA, not whoever has that name that is really on the list. If the TSA can not recognize the fact that a 6 yo is not a terrorist that is bureaucratic incompetence. Considering that some of these children with the same name are frequent fliers you would think that they would get their act together. Instead, they have people, like you, defending them for their stupidity.

Stupid is as stupid does.

The issue is not the list itself but how agents respond when a six year old shows up with the same name.

Here's my point: the airline agent at the airport has to be able to make the right call when Lee H. Oswald shows up but is in fact Lee Henry Oswald and not Lee Harvey Oswald. I don't know how much latitude airline ticket agents have to exercise common sense in these situations. I do know that it's a lot easier to NOT do anything and let DHS/TSA get the blame for it.

Forum List

Back