Can we all agree that Germany no longer needs U.S. Occupation?

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017
Tejas
Seriously. WTF are we still doing in Germany?

For how many decades must Germany atone for the sins of prior generations before it is allowed complete autonomy?

Our military should GET THE FUCK OUT. (and save us a bunch of money in the process)

Free Germany NOW!!

flag-germany-1060305_1280.jpg

436px-Bundesschild.svg.png

Sing The Scorpions with me:

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away (dream away)
In the wind of change

lighter_at_concert.jpg

I try my best to avoid taking a stance until hearing the facts. Does Germany want us out? What military services do our German bases support? Does getting out also refer to the military hospital there and if so, how would that effect care of our injured?

I try my best to avoid taking a stance until hearing the facts. Does Germany want us out? What military services do our German bases support? Does getting out also refer to the military hospital there and if so, how would that effect care of our injured?
As I understand it, Germans want us out. I am sure arrangements can be made to have hospital support there.

Seriously. WTF are we still doing in Germany?

For how many decades must Germany atone for the sins of prior generations before it is allowed complete autonomy?

Our military should GET THE FUCK OUT. (and save us a bunch of money in the process)

Free Germany NOW!!

flag-germany-1060305_1280.jpg

436px-Bundesschild.svg.png

Sing The Scorpions with me:

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away (dream away)
In the wind of change

lighter_at_concert.jpg

Our troops are not there to keep an eye on the a Germans lest they revert to Nazism. There are there to keep an eye on Russia. I doubt the Germans want us out anyway. Our troops help their economy.

It is a staging point in Europe. It isn't about Germany it is about the USA's interests in the world. Or do you think we can move tons of material and personal over to that area in a day?????? Learn something about logistics and strategic staging.
And, that is the real issue. Why do we need a staging point in Europe? world police?

China needs a staging point in the Western hemisphere. We should toltolerate China occupying the U.S.?

It is a staging point in Europe. It isn't about Germany it is about the USA's interests in the world. Or do you think we can move tons of material and personal over to that area in a day?????? Learn something about logistics and strategic staging.
I get that point but then I think why do we need to be there in a day? Maybe the EU or Germany, or Brittian should ramp their defenses at their own expense to make sure they can last long enough for us to get there and save them.

it isn't just protecting the EU,

Europe is also much closer to the middle east and northern Africa for us to deploy from if there was a need....

our NATO forces reside in Europe as well....I lived on a NATO base in Northern Italy for 3 years....actually it was only an Air Force ''Station'' when I lived there but it has grown in to a huge Air Force Base, while other bases there have been closed or minimized.

our military has closed several bases in all of Europe in previous spending cuts.... and maybe there is room for more consolidation, but we will never leave completely.

I get that point but then I think why do we need to be there in a day? Maybe the EU or Germany, or Brittian should ramp their defenses at their own expense to make sure they can last long enough for us to get there and save them.
Because it isnt about them it is about US having the means to stop something quickly before it comes here..... Logistics.

This is probably the first time in history where the country that's occupied provide better life condiions in general than the occupier's country men and women.
I can add Japan to do except they are workaholics.

China needs a staging point in the Western hemisphere. We should toltolerate China occupying the U.S.?

As far as I am concerned we all ready do tolerate China's occupation of very strategic part of the Western Hemisphere... This fellow owns the Panama Canal...

Sir Ka-shing Li, GBM, KBE,[3] JP (born 29 July 1928 in Chaozhou, China)[4][5] is a Hong Kong business magnate, investor, and philanthropist. As of January 2018, Li is 23rd richest person in the world, with an estimated net worth of US$37.7 billion.[2] He is the chairman of the board for CK Hutchison Holdings; through it, he is the world's leading port investor, developer, and operator, and the largest health and beauty retailer in Asia and Europe.[6]

Some great points have been made regarding the U.S. Military and the deployment of Troops and TO&E throughout the world... It's like leaving your house doors unlocked and the keys in your transportation... Sooner or later someone is going to fuck with you and if your not prepared... Sorry about your luck...

that's right....Wiesbaden Army Base in Germany is there and the BIG Hospital! I've been there many times....to see the Dentist and when I was sick....the AF Station in Italy had an AIRVAC hospital plane that flew there once a week on schedule or on emergency with whoever needed a Doctor or to see a dentist/Orthodontist....

Forum List

Back