Can Trump get the 2020 GOP nomination?

Republicans: Would you vote for Trump in 2020 if there is another Republican in the race?

• Total voters

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
33 percent approval leaves the door open for other Republicans to run against Trump. will the far right love affair with Trump fade as Trumo fails to deliver on promise after promise?

LBJ decided not to run in 1968 because he had lost his base. Will Trump?

USMB conservatives. Would you vote for another Republican if Trump is challenged?

Trump has not exactly endeared himself to fellow Republicans.

33 percent approval levels him extremely vulnerable to a challenge

I will, as has become a necessity, vote for whoever is not the Democrat.

While the Republicans are a problem, the Democrats are non-American in nature, and anathema.

While the Republicans are a problem, the Democrats are non-American in nature, and anathema.

Two Republicans

One is Trump, the other s not

Who do you vote for?

I can just see it now....

"We need higher illegal immigration, fewer deportations and a weaker stock market".

Said the victim of the worst political beat down in primary politics history.

Two Republicans

One is Trump, the other s not

Who do you vote for?

I cannot say, since you offer only a generic as an alternative.

Trump is doing all kinds of things I agree with. At this point I have no reason to vote against him.

It is entirely possible that Drumpf - graded as "Does not play well with others" - will take his toys and go home, after a first-and-only term.

As things stand now, I don't think he could get elected Dogcatcher in 2020.

If he actually manages to get a few big-time signature pieces accomplished in his first four years, maybe that will change.

That's about as far as my own thinking takes me on the subject, at present.

In any event, I will shed no tears, and will breathe a sigh of relief for The People and the Republic and the Constitution, when The Imperial Cheeto leaves the stage.

The Republican base is happy with him. He has an 85% approval rating amongst them. It's six months into his Presidency. It's silly to seriously ask if he will get the nomination.

33 percent approval leaves the door open for other Republicans to run against Trump. will the far right love affair with Trump fade as Trumo fails to deliver on promise after promise?

USMB conservatives. Would you vote for another Republican if Trump is challenged?
No way........ The 2016 poll had the sickly, crooked vagina, ex candidate winning over Trump and guess what? You got it, President Trump won. Now go put some KY jelly on your butt hurt feelings.

Poll: Hillary Clinton Is Beating Donald Trump by 15%

No way........ The 2016 poll had the sickly, crooked vagina, ex candidate winning over Trump and guess what? You got it, President Trump won. Now go put some KY jelly on your butt hurt feelings.

Poll: Hillary Clinton Is Beating Donald Trump by 15%

Hillary is not running in 2020
Trump is

No way. Not a chance. LBJ's situation was unique due to the Vietnam war. Teddy Kennedy challenged Jimmy Carter in the primaries in 1980 and couldn't make a dent. Ronald Reagan thought about challenging Nixon in 1972 but stood down.

The thing that concerns me more is that the Democratic candidate is going to (by definition) be way better than Hillary, who was a terrible candidate. Also, the economy will probably correct itself in Q4 this year/Q1 next year from what the data seems to be showing. That's not going to help matters. It'll be a much tougher race because President Trump will have a record to defend, not just promises to make.

Forum List

Back