CDZ Can the KKK, the Black Panther, and Other Similar Groups Be Considered As Terrorists?

Is the KKK a Terrorist Organization?

• Yes

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
By looking at a simple definition of 'terror' we see that these groups have and may be currently causing terror for some ethnic groups. This is in no way different to any other group classed as 'terrorists' except that they come from the USA. I think, that it does make sense. What about you?
Terrorists use violence and fear to achieve political objectives.

The people who spin a racist objective into something like preservation of a culture or race are not being honest with themselves. That includes the Nation of Islam, The NBPP, Neo Nazis, and the KKK.

Less malignant groups that don't seem to practice violence or intimidation as part of their operations, can often share the same goals.

Wanting to mingle with your own race or culture, doesn't necessarily mean you believe other races to be inferior or superior to your own. And promoting violence or fear to achieve your goals, if they aren't political in nature, doesn't make you a terrorist.

That may seem confusing...but too often people use terms that don't apply to vilify their political opponents.

Does the KKK use violence and fear to achieve their goals?...they did, and the night rides of the first Klan were exactly that. The New Klan, knows they can't do that anymore, and they have become a kinder gentler racist organization.

But would they use fear and violence if they could?...only they know, and I'm guessing it's not the same for every Klan member.

I knew some guys when I was younger, who were Klan. They didn't tell me right out, but we knew, and didn't talk about it. The thing I found astounding was how they seemed like every day people with faults and qualities...but when you got them talking about blacks, a transformation occurred. Those nice people seemed like totally different people.

Everyone of us can be corrupted by moral outrage, and almost everyone of us thinks they're fighting the good fight.

This is not as cut and dry as some might wish it were...

Many want their opponents to seem 100% bad, so they can get comfortable in justifying the moral outrage they indulge. And that weakness has been harnessed by people throughout history who have arguments that can't be expressed rationally.

If you can't convince people you're right with a logical or valid argument, and you're still under the seductive spell of moral outrage...you have no other outlet for your rage.

Last edited:
Which of these facts do you dispute, and why?

The Conservatives:
  • Conservatives fought to expand slavery while Liberals fought to end it.
  • Conservatives passed those discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws.
  • Conservatives supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.
  • Conservatives supported and passed the Kansas Nebraska Act to expand slavery.
  • Conservatives supported and backed the Dred Scott Decision.
  • Conservatives opposed educating blacks and murdered our teachers.
  • Conservatives fought against anti-lynching laws.
  • Conservative Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, is well known for having been a "Kleagle" in the Ku Klux Klan.
  • Conservative Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, personally filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 straight hours to keep it from passage.
  • Conservatives passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted by Liberals.
  • Conservatives declared that they would rather vote for a "yellow dog" than vote for a Republican liberal, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.
  • Conservative President Woodrow Wilson, reintroduced segregation throughout the federal government immediately upon taking office in 1913.
  • Conservative President Franklin D. Roosevelt's first appointment to the Supreme Court was a life member of the Ku Klux Klan, Sen. Hugo Black, Conservative of Alabama.
  • Conservative President Franklin D. Roosevelt's choice for vice president in 1944 was Harry Truman, who had joined the Ku Klux Klan in Kansas City in 1922.
  • Conservative President Franklin D. Roosevelt resisted Liberal efforts to pass a federal law against lynching.
  • Conservative President Franklin D. Roosevelt opposed integration of the armed forces.
  • Conservative Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd were the chief opponents of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
  • Conservatives supported and backed Judge John Ferguson in the case of Plessy v Ferguson.
  • Conservatives supported the School Board of Topeka Kansas in the case of Brown v The Board of Education of Topeka Kansas.
  • Conservative public safety commissioner Eugene "Bull" Connor, in Birmingham, Ala., unleashed vicious dogs and turned fire hoses on black civil rights demonstrators.
  • Conservatives were who Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the other protesters were fighting.
  • Conservative Georgia Governor Lester Maddox "brandished an ax hammer to prevent blacks from patronizing his restaurant.
  • Conservative Governor George Wallace stood in front of the Alabama schoolhouse in 1963, declaring there would be segregation forever.
  • Conservative Arkansas Governor Faubus tried to prevent desegregation of Little Rock public schools.
  • Conservative Senator John F. Kennedy voted against the 1957 Civil rights Act.
  • Conservative President John F. Kennedy opposed the 1963 March on Washington by Dr. King.
  • Conservative President John F. Kennedy, had Dr. King wiretapped and investigated by the FBI.
  • Conservative President Bill Clinton's mentor was U.S. Senator J. William Fulbright, an Arkansas Conservative and a supporter of racial segregation.
  • Conservative President Bill Clinton interned for J. William Fulbright in 1966-67.
  • Conservative Senator J. William Fulbright signed the Southern Manifesto opposing the Supreme Court's 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education decision.
  • Conservative Senator J. William Fulbright joined with the Dixiecrats in filibustering the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1964.
  • Conservative Senator J. William Fulbright voted against the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
  • Southern Conservatives opposed desegregation and integration.

Conservatives opposed:
  1. The Emancipation Proclamation
  2. The 13th Amendment
  3. The 14th Amendment
  4. The 15th Amendment
  5. The Reconstruction Act of 1867
  6. The Civil Rights of 1866
  7. The Enforcement Act of 1870
  8. The Forced Act of 1871
  9. The Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871
  10. The Civil Rights Act of 1875
  11. The Civil Rights Act of 1957
  12. The Civil Rights Act of 1960
  13. The United State Civil Rights Commission

The Liberals:
  • Liberals enacted civil rights laws in the 1950's and 1960's, over the objection of Conservatives.
  • Liberals founded the HBCU's (Historical Black College's and Universities) and started the NAACP to counter the racist practices of the Conservatives.
  • Liberals pushed through much of the ground-breaking civil rights legislation in Congress.
  • Liberals fought slavery and amended the Constitution to grant blacks freedom, citizenship and the right to vote.
  • Liberals pushed through much of the groundbreaking civil rights legislation from the 1860s through the 1960s.
  • liberal Republican President Dwight Eisenhower sent troops into the South to desegregate the schools.
  • liberal Republican President Eisenhower appointed Chief Justice Earl Warren to the Supreme Court, which resulted in the 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education decision.
  • liberal Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois, not Conservative President Lyndon Johnson, was the one who pushed through the civil rights laws of the 1960's.
  • liberal Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois wrote the language for the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
  • liberal Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois also crafted the language for the Civil Rights Act of 1968 which prohibited discrimination in housing.
  • Republican liberal and black American, A. Phillip Randolph, organized the 1963 March by Dr. King on Washington.
Well, it's pretty obvious you can't dispute any of the facts listed or you would have. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just stating facts. The Democratic Party has a long history of racism and they still practice it. None of you have given anything of substance, just denial of history and saying "nu uh, Republicans are the racists", even though you can't name any other than David Duke (the one the Republican Party rebuked, unlike the Democrats and Robert Byrd). You can stay on the plantation your whole life if you want, but if I was black I would be embarrassed to have loyalty to a party that tells me I'm not intelligent enough to compete with the rest of society and need government to take care of me. But I guess it's easier than working.
I didn't dispute any of the facts listed, I enhanced them with more facts. The Democrats of whom you speak were conservatives of the time. Are you suggesting that todays conservatives have nothing in common with them, even though most wave the Republican banner now? The key point is to focus on the word "conservative." Thats the real history you fail to take into account when trying to superimpose conservative Democrats of the past over the image of liberal Democrats of today. Yes, there are still some "conservative" Democrats but most, by your own admission, are liberal nowadays. There are some liberal Republicans too. Some from your side have labeled Justice Roberts as such when he cast the deciding vote in favor of the PPACA. The labels Republican or Democrat are really meaningless since most Americans aren't really either one! They just vote for the Party that fits the mood at the time.

I find it condescending that you would suggest that Blacks are going to fall for your reverse psychology and vote in large numbers just because dumb hicks use the "plantation" analogy. Any minority that falls for that line is as dumb as you think they are. So, keep up the good work. That "Democrat Plantation theme is working quite well to keep the Black vote right where it is: with the Democrats. Anything people like you suggest will likely always elicit just the opposite response!
Like I said, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I know you're gonna accept the liberal brainwashing you've been accepting since the Civil Rights Act, when the Democratic Party changed strategy to keep you on the plantation through welfare handouts since they could no longer keep you in your place through Jim Crow style laws. You've bee following them ever since. Deny all you want but you know I'm right. You opted for the easy way out, which is to accept a handout from the Democrats and use racism as an excuse for not standing on your own two feet. You'll never know the satisfaction that comes from working hard for something and achieving it without the government doing it for you. That's why you'll always be on the bottom and at their mercy.

The Conservatives:
  • Conservatives supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.
  • Conservative Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, is well known for having been a "Kleagle" in the Ku Klux Klan.
  • Conservative Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, personally filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 straight hours to keep it from passage.
  • Conservatives passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right laws enacted by Liberals.
  • Conservatives declared that they would rather vote for a "yellow dog" than vote for a Republican liberal, because the Republican Party was known as the party for blacks.
  • Conservative President Woodrow Wilson, reintroduced segregation throughout the federal government immediately upon taking office in 1913.
  • Conservative President Franklin D. Roosevelt's first appointment to the Supreme Court was a life member of the Ku Klux Klan, Sen. Hugo Black, Conservative of Alabama.
  • Conservative President Franklin D. Roosevelt's choice for vice president in 1944 was Harry Truman, who had joined the Ku Klux Klan in Kansas City in 1922.
  • Conservative President Franklin D. Roosevelt resisted Liberal efforts to pass a federal law against lynching.
  • Conservative President Franklin D. Roosevelt opposed integration of the armed forces.
  • Conservative Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd were the chief opponents of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
  • Conservatives supported and backed Judge John Ferguson in the case of Plessy v Ferguson.
  • Conservatives supported the School Board of Topeka Kansas in the case of Brown v The Board of Education of Topeka Kansas.
  • Conservative public safety commissioner Eugene "Bull" Connor, in Birmingham, Ala., unleashed vicious dogs and turned fire hoses on black civil rights demonstrators.
  • Conservatives were who Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the other protesters were fighting.
  • Conservative Georgia Governor Lester Maddox "brandished an ax hammer to prevent blacks from patronizing his restaurant.
  • Conservative Governor George Wallace stood in front of the Alabama schoolhouse in 1963, declaring there would be segregation forever.
  • Conservative Arkansas Governor Faubus tried to prevent desegregation of Little Rock public schools.
  • Conservative President John F. Kennedy opposed the 1963 March on Washington by Dr. King.
  • Conservative President John F. Kennedy, had Dr. King wiretapped and investigated by the FBI.
  • Conservative President Bill Clinton's mentor was U.S. Senator J. William Fulbright, an Arkansas Conservative and a supporter of racial segregation.
  • Conservative President Bill Clinton interned for J. William Fulbright in 1966-67.
  • Conservative Senator J. William Fulbright signed the Southern Manifesto opposing the Supreme Court's 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education decision.
  • Conservative Senator J. William Fulbright joined with the Dixiecrats in filibustering the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1964.
  • Conservative Senator J. William Fulbright voted against the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

Conservatives opposed:
  2. The 13th Amendment
  3. The 14th Amendment
  4. The 15th Amendment

The Liberals:
  • Liberals enacted civil rights laws in the 1950's and 1960's, over the objection of Conservatives.
  • Liberals founded the HBCU's (Historical Black College's and Universities) and started the NAACP to counter the racist practices of the Conservatives.
  • Liberals pushed through much of the ground-breaking civil rights legislation in Congress.
  • Liberals fought slavery and amended the Constitution to grant blacks freedom, citizenship and the right to vote.
  • Liberals pushed through much of the groundbreaking civil rights legislation from the 1860s through the 1960s.
  • liberal Republican President Dwight Eisenhower sent troops into the South to desegregate the schools.
  • liberal Republican President Eisenhower appointed Chief Justice Earl Warren to the Supreme Court, which resulted in the 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education decision.
  • liberal Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois, not Conservative President Lyndon Johnson, was the one who pushed through the civil rights laws of the 1960's.
  • liberal Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois wrote the language for the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
  • liberal Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois also crafted the language for the Civil Rights Act of 1968 which prohibited discrimination in housing.
  • Republican liberal and black American, A. Phillip Randolph, organized the 1963 March by Dr. King on Washington.
Well, it's pretty obvious you can't dispute any of the facts listed or you would have. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, just stating facts. The Democratic Party has a long history of racism and they still practice it. None of you have given anything of substance, just denial of history and saying "nu uh, Republicans are the racists", even though you can't name any other than David Duke (the one the Republican Party rebuked, unlike the Democrats and Robert Byrd). You can stay on the plantation your whole life if you want, but if I was black I would be embarrassed to have loyalty to a party that tells me I'm not intelligent enough to compete with the rest of society and need government to take care of me. But I guess it's easier than working.
I didn't dispute any of the facts listed, I enhanced them with more facts. The Democrats of whom you speak were conservatives of the time. Are you suggesting that todays conservatives have nothing in common with them, even though most wave the Republican banner now? The key point is to focus on the word "conservative." Thats the real history you fail to take into account when trying to superimpose conservative Democrats of the past over the image of liberal Democrats of today. Yes, there are still some "conservative" Democrats but most, by your own admission, are liberal nowadays. There are some liberal Republicans too. Some from your side have labeled Justice Roberts as such when he cast the deciding vote in favor of the PPACA. The labels Republican or Democrat are really meaningless since most Americans aren't really either one! They just vote for the Party that fits the mood at the time.

I find it condescending that you would suggest that Blacks are going to fall for your reverse psychology and vote in large numbers just because dumb hicks use the "plantation" analogy. Any minority that falls for that line is as dumb as you think they are. So, keep up the good work. That "Democrat Plantation theme is working quite well to keep the Black vote right where it is: with the Democrats. Anything people like you suggest will likely always elicit just the opposite response!
Maybe they are doing reverse, reverse psychology on us? :laugh:

The Conservatives:

Conservatives opposed:
  2. The 13th Amendment
  3. The 14th Amendment
  4. The 15th Amendment

The Liberals:
The point has been and always has been that the conservatives are the hard core supporters of racism. Thats pretty much what conservative means. They want things to remain the same. Those things are control of the systems and resources that support white male superiority. There is a reason most conservatives hate AA. They have had a head start for 400 years and that was not enough for them.

The Conservatives:

Conservatives opposed:
  2. The 13th Amendment
  3. The 14th Amendment
  4. The 15th Amendment

The Liberals:
The point has been and always has been that the conservatives are the hard core supporters of racism. Thats pretty much what conservative means. They want things to remain the same. Those things are control of the systems and resources that support white male superiority. There is a reason most conservatives hate AA. They have had a head start for 400 years and that was not enough for them.
So stay on the plantation, I don't care. It's your life that's being wasted, not mine.

The Conservatives:

Conservatives opposed:
  2. The 13th Amendment
  3. The 14th Amendment
  4. The 15th Amendment

The Liberals:
So stay on the plantation, I don't care. It's your life that's being wasted, not mine.
I dont own any plantations but I may look into purchasing one. We can tell you care because you are trying your best to convince me otherwise. :laugh:

The Conservatives:

Conservatives opposed:
  2. The 13th Amendment
  3. The 14th Amendment
  4. The 15th Amendment

The Liberals:
I dont own any plantations but I may look into purchasing one. We can tell you care because you are trying your best to convince me otherwise. :laugh:
No, I prefer you remain ignorant and helpless. Goodnight.

The Conservatives:

Conservatives opposed:
  2. The 13th Amendment
  3. The 14th Amendment
  4. The 15th Amendment

The Liberals:
I know you wish I was ignorant and helpless. I said you were trying your best to convince me of your argument so I know that angers you. Hence you care.
laugh.gif

I know you wish I was ignorant and helpless. I said you were trying your best to convince me of your argument so I know that angers you. Hence you care.
laugh.gif
Nobody cares about you.

The Conservatives:

Conservatives opposed:
  2. The 13th Amendment
  3. The 14th Amendment
  4. The 15th Amendment

The Liberals:

aw...naw he didn't say that... BLAHHAHAHA! dayum son I believes you is tryin' to be a bleeding heart liberal. You cares fo' me. Now how do you explain my college degree, my Corvette and my
2014 CHRYSLER parked in the garage of my $300,000 shack. Should I be worried about some damn fictitious plantation? YOU ARE SO SILLY...chuckles!

The Conservatives:

Conservatives opposed:
  2. The 13th Amendment
  3. The 14th Amendment
  4. The 15th Amendment

The Liberals:

aw...naw he didn't say that... BLAHHAHAHA! dayum son I believes you is tryin' to be a bleeding heart liberal. You cares fo' me. Now how do you explain my college degree, my Corvette and my
2014 CHRYSLER parked in the garage of my $300,000 shack. Should I be worried about some damn fictitious plantation? YOU ARE SO SILLY...chuckles!
If you want to flame, why don't you go to the Flame Zone?

No comparison between modern-day Black Panthers and kkk.

KKK definitely domestic terrorists.

laugh.gif
Nobody cares about you.
Of course they do. Trying to convince me otherwise tells me that there are unresolved issues you have yet to deal with.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Nobody cares about you.
Of course they do. Trying to convince me otherwise tells me that there are unresolved issues you have yet to deal with.
laugh.gif
See post #91

The KKK has a tradition of murder and mayhem and indeed is a terrorist organization. But their exploits were not for change. Their mission is to preserve the tradition of separatism and white supremacy by any means necessary, including murder . On the other hand the Black Panthers have not killed except in self defense ; nor has their violence amounted to anything other than self defense against police brutality as far as I can see. That is the difference between those two organizations and is quite significant in my opinion.

The KKK was formed for the purpose of committing terrorist acts, the Black Panthers were not.

That's an opinion.
Huey P. Newton - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

laugh.gif
Nobody cares about you.
laugh.gif
See post #91
See post #85. If you cant deal I suggest you get thicker skin.
laugh.gif

The KKK has a tradition of murder and mayhem and indeed is a terrorist organization. But their exploits were not for change. Their mission is to preserve the tradition of separatism and white supremacy by any means necessary, including murder . On the other hand the Black Panthers have not killed except in self defense ; nor has their violence amounted to anything other than self defense against police brutality as far as I can see. That is the difference between those two organizations and is quite significant in my opinion.

The KKK was formed for the purpose of committing terrorist acts, the Black Panthers were not.
Yep, they were formed for the purpose of committing terrorist acts against blacks and Republicans, and they were created by Democrats. Wanna challenge me on that?

You're talking mid 19th century and early 20th century history. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since that time. The KKK is now solidly ensconced in the Republican party. Want to challenge me on that?
Yeah. Name some Republicans who support the KKK.
Name some current democrats that support the KKK.

They're mostly communists now.

Last edited:

That's an opinion.
So is Wiki. Matter of fact its anyones opinion.

Black Panther Party founded African American Registry

"Sat, 1966-10-15
On this date in 1966, the Black Panther Party (BPP) was founded. It was a Black political organization; originally known as the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense.

The BPP originated in Oakland, California, by founders Huey Newton and Bobby Seale. The Original six members of the Black Panthers included Elbert “Big Man” Howard, Sherman Forte, Reggie Forte, Little Bobby Hutton, and Newton and Seale. They adopted the Black Panther symbol from an independent political party established the previous year by Black residents of Lowndes County, Alabama. The Panthers also supported the Black Power movement, which stressed racial dignity and self-reliance."

That's an opinion.
So is Wiki. Matter of fact its anyones opinion.

Black Panther Party founded African American Registry

"Sat, 1966-10-15
On this date in 1966, the Black Panther Party (BPP) was founded. It was a Black political organization; originally known as the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense.

The BPP originated in Oakland, California, by founders Huey Newton and Bobby Seale. The Original six members of the Black Panthers included Elbert “Big Man” Howard, Sherman Forte, Reggie Forte, Little Bobby Hutton, and Newton and Seale. They adopted the Black Panther symbol from an independent political party established the previous year by Black residents of Lowndes County, Alabama. The Panthers also supported the Black Power movement, which stressed racial dignity and self-reliance."

That's like calling Obamacare "The Affordable Care Act"

It's false advertising.

Forum List

Back