Can Texas be put in play?

As long as some continue to hire undocumented workers, they will continue to come. The answer is to punish those who hire them.

That's only a part of the problem. The Federal government also needs to enforce current immigration laws against those states who harbor them a.k.a. "sanctuary cities".

That'll never happen because the would be offending the Hispanic base. It all comes back around to cowtowing to the Hispanics.

We let them become a political force to be feared and now look what happens: our government refuses to enforce the law for fear of losing the Hispanic vote.

The plain fact is that if people weren't so eager to hire illegals to work for cheap, they wouldn't make the trip in the first place. If employers caught hiring undocumented workers were fined substantial amounts of money, they might be less eager to give people incentive to break the law.

What's really amusing is that democrats really feel that when hispanics get to be a majority vote, they will vote for those same democrats. When hispanics get to be a majority, they vote for hispanics! Then the nation will become Bell, California. mexicans don't have the same kind of antipathy toward political corruption. They accept it. That's how mexico became so corrupt.

As long as some continue to hire undocumented workers, they will continue to come. The answer is to punish those who hire them.

That's only a part of the problem. The Federal government also needs to enforce current immigration laws against those states who harbor them a.k.a. "sanctuary cities".

That'll never happen because the would be offending the Hispanic base. It all comes back around to cowtowing to the Hispanics.

We let them become a political force to be feared and now look what happens: our government refuses to enforce the law for fear of losing the Hispanic vote.

How did you "let" them become a political force?

I was sort of wondering that myself.

Democrap scum show their racism when they claim Jose born and raised as an American in Dallas Texas should support Jose from Mexico sneaking across the border and moving to Dallas to do whatever he needs to do like doing crimes.....because they are both hispanic. Hispanic Americans are supposed to support criminals from south of the border because they are both brown skinned and share the Spanish language.

Never said anything about "should". I said they "ARE" and that's what the Republicans have to deal with. Your anecdotes fly in the face of actual election results, so are essentially worthless.

I was sort of wondering that myself.

Apparently the Democratic Party is seeing a big voting block force to help keep them in power. So long as you curtail your political "promises" to what THEY want to hear. If the Hispanics and the illegals weren't a political force and a "golden opportunity" of baiting them into party votes, the Democrats wouldn't be trying so hard to cater to the Hispanic force of desiring amnesty over the enforcement of current Federal Immigration Laws. This is why you won't hear Democrats go along with sealing up the boarders between the United States and Mexico first, why seal off a chance to gather up more illegals and turn them into votes in exchange for yet another cry for amnesty?

Last edited:
This thread reaffirms the premise of the OP

Republicans will never recapture the Hispanic vote. The hatred is just too strong. Texas will eventually be in play as the Hispanic influence increases and more Yankees move to the state

They are here and they aren't going anywhere.
We might as well start getting their tax payments.

Might as well reward em for breaking the law?

Not in imho - I believe that the path to citizenship for illegal aliens should include some penalty. Not a penalty that is so punative that they will just stay underground, but a penalty. Not to impose at least some penalty (monetary fine) is a slap in the face to those who jumped through all the hoops to do it legally.

The penalty can be made in monthly payments (of $100 or so for about two years) and the proceeds should be used to bolster border security to help protect from terrorist infiltrations and to makle sure we don't find ourselves in this exact same situation in 30 years.

Just MHO

Last edited:

Republicans will never recapture the Hispanic vote. The hatred is just too strong. Texas will eventually be in play as the Hispanic influence increases and more Yankees move to the state

The funny thing is that Bush got over 40% of the Hispanic vote in 2004, before any talk of the anmesty bill.

The reaction to that proposed legislation from the right wing, and their rhetoric and attitude towards Hispanics since, has destroyed their ability to capture that demographic.

The funny thing is that Bush got over 40% of the Hispanic vote in 2004, before any talk of the anmesty bill.

The reaction to that proposed legislation from the right wing, and their rhetoric and attitude towards Hispanics since, has destroyed their ability to capture that demographic.

Many on the right have not gotten the memo yet

The talking point used to be Amnesty is evil. Since they got trounced in the election, the new talking point out of Rush/Hannity is amnesty is a good idea

Old rhetoric dies hard

Not sure if it will ever be in play with the economy shrinking as it is under democrat watch.

Hasn't seemed to hurt the Deomocrats so far. They won the White House, gained seats in both houses, and have the GOP scrambling to game the system in order to remain competative.

I guess we will see - but I've been hearing the GOP going all chicken little on the economy for about five years now - even as the economic indicators inch upward.

But who knows, maybe they'll get lucky and spark another crash.

Not sure if it will ever be in play with the economy shrinking as it is under democrat watch.

Hasn't seemed to hurt the Deomocrats so far. They won the White House, gained seats in both houses, and have the GOP scrambling to game the system in order to remain competative.

I guess we will see - but I've been hearing the GOP going all chicken little on the economy for about five years now - even as the economic indicators inch upward.

The carnage wrought by this administration will be profound in four years.

What carnage might that be?

My personal monetary situation, from realestate to investments to income, have all improved substantially in the last four years.

Sorry, but I heard the exact same thing five years ago.... four years ago .... three years ago...

Sorry, but I heard the exact same thing five years ago.... four years ago .... three years ago...

I'm sure you did. Look at our dire conditions right now.

Forum List

Back