Can someone explain why democrats think

Because the middle class does the bulk of the spending and buying.

Without that buying power, who are the producers going to sell to?

That is true but not accurate.
Because of the sheer number of those in the middle class, their buying power is the largest because it is the larger group.
If a statistical analysis is done it would state those with the most wealth have the most buying power per capita.
For example...A wealthy person with net assets of one million dollars in disposable income has 100 times the buying power of a person with $10k in disposable income.
So when a wealthy person buys a home, he or she will outfit that home( furniture, decor, etc) at a rate that may be in excess of what a middle class person FINANCES just to move into a new house.

You have clearly established your credibility with that one. I can't wait to read the rest of what you have to say.

"the economy grows from the middle class out". I heard numerous democrats say that lately and it doesn't make sense. If your middle class, you are not hiring anyone, and you don't have much discretionary income to stimulate the economy- investment wise.

Because you can't fix stupid. By the way. Why doesn't Obama ever talk about the poor?

I believe that Democrats have a vested interest in keeping a segment of our population poor to be used for political reasons.

And even expanding the ranks of dependent people. It fits the lib template. The more people on federal assistance, the more people likely to vote for those that made the assistance available.
The idea is that dependent people are easier to control which leaves little oversight of the elite ruling class.
Social spending and it's expansion has created a permanent underclass.

This is unproven bullshit that idiots like you have used to rationalize the fact that your preferred policies are little more than a myriad of ways to give the corporate elite their fill of blow jobs.

Poor does not equal stupid and lazy. And...you assholes have never made the case that those who are willingly dependent on government assistance ( however many of them there are) even go to the polls.

Bullshit.

The federal spending factor had more to do with that than anything else.

Those who were at the top never let any of that wealth trickle down, did you really expect they would? They don't today. I work for a multi-billion dollar corporation and believe me, they save those nickles and dimes as if they were paupers.

The middle management people have to do the job of three to earn even an acceptable wage.

Greed is a factor these days. It lives!

Then find a job elsewhere.
Please stop whining.
A lesson...The company is not obligated to you. They company is obligated to the owners. Those being the people who have put their money at risk to buy a piece of the business. Those are called shareholders.
Have you bought stock in your employer? Why not have a stake in the company other than just a paycheck?
I have to laugh about this stuff.
People would rather point out that the company is screwing them rather than open their eyes and look for opportunity.
If you work for a publicly traded company then buy some of their stock. If a 401k is available, put some money into it. Most likely part of the investment is in company stock.
Or would you rather just complain?

Yeah! Stop complaining and gamble your earnings. The house always wins.

What a load of shit.

Consumers drive the economy. You can make all the shit you want, but if no one buys it, the economy tanks.

Amazingly, the rightwingers can't see what has been happening right under their very noses.

OK, let's assume for one minute that you could grow an economy from the bottom up (or the middle out), I don't care which model you use. How do you intend to get the money from the rich to the poor?

Crickets....

OK, so I guess I just proved the notion of growing an economy from the bottom up is irrational.

Pred....the unbelievable thing is that your parents succeeded in giving you so much self confidence.....without demanding that you have any common sense or self awareness.

You are not the teacher here.

True story.

Read the fucking thread, dummy. Your question has been answered IN THIS THREAD.

No it hasn't! I read the thread! Now you are name calling already?

How do you get the money into the hands of the poor? --- You keep saying this idea works --- How?/

bump

I thought this lefty economic plan was the greatest thing ever!! Don't tell me it's just another faily tale!! Another broken promise????

NOOOOOOO!!!! I'm devastated....

Maybe you lefties can understand it better if I start from your own premise? I'll try to keep it as simple as possible.

consumers spend => Businesses make profit => Businesses expand => Businesses hire more workers => Businesses make products => workers make money => workers become consumers => consumers spend => Businesses make profit => Businesses expand => Businesses hire more workers => Businesses make products => workers make money => workers become consumers

So lefties, yes, consumers are important, but they are a portion of the economy, NOT THE BEGINNING. You cannot affect one portion of the economy and not affect the whole.

Maybe even Lone Laugher can understand this?

You can stimulate an economy from the bottom up. You can also do it from the middle and from the top. The question is HOW you do it. Do you, as Obama wants to do, go into crushing debt to stimulte it from the bottom?

Forum List

Back