Can someone explain why democrats think

One of the most intersting plans to get money into the hands of the consumer during the Great Depression was the Townsend Plan. Every one over 60 years of age was to receive $200 bucks a month, but only on the condition they spent the entire $200 bucks during the month. The plan never passed but it put a lot of heat on FDR to do something.

Of course the plan never passed.

1) The gov't doesn;t have any money to give people...

2) even if they did, they couldn;t force them to spend the money.

The middle class and poor spend all our money living life. Only the rich have extra money to spend.

...and there isn't one thing rich people do with their money that doesn't create jobs or infose the economy. - Middle class and poor already spend everything just getting by.

You have to get the rich to spend their money!

So once again, no answers from the left...

It would be such a great deal if the rich would just give the poor all of their money... Obama's economic plan might have a shot!!!!

Oh Joe Lieberman, that hardcore rightie says so !!!! (directly from your first link):

"Do you think that if JFK were alive today.....that he would be considered a Republican? Joe Lieberman with his final remarks stated he believed Kennedy would be a Republican today."

Try using the taxpayers. It works for Obama's buddies at Solyndra for a few extra years...

Well it didn't work too well for Hoover. Maybe that's why FDR changed the whole idea. FDR reasoned that if you want to sell products, get the money into the hands of the consumers. the consumers that are the likely buyers of the products. Of course, FDR had the Hoover-RFC example in front of him so it didn't take a genius to come to that conclusion.
Seems some have forgotten that hard earned lesson and we might have to repeat it. Is it our failure to learn or just thay new generations come along and so we go through the whole process again.

We went through this earlier in the thread. You can't build an economy from the bottom up. It's impossible. There is no money at the bottom.

How do you get the money at that bottom?

Well if by bottom you mean the poor, FDR made them work for the money. That's how we acquired 651,000 miles of highways, 18,000 playgrounds, 124,000 bridges, 41,300 schools built or rebuilt, 125,000 public buildings built or rebuilt. TVA and on and on.

Well it didn't work too well for Hoover. Maybe that's why FDR changed the whole idea. FDR reasoned that if you want to sell products, get the money into the hands of the consumers. the consumers that are the likely buyers of the products. Of course, FDR had the Hoover-RFC example in front of him so it didn't take a genius to come to that conclusion.
Seems some have forgotten that hard earned lesson and we might have to repeat it. Is it our failure to learn or just thay new generations come along and so we go through the whole process again.

We went through this earlier in the thread. You can't build an economy from the bottom up. It's impossible. There is no money at the bottom.

Well if by bottom you mean the poor, FDR made them work for the money. That's how we acquired 651,000 miles of highways, 18,000 playgrounds, 124,000 bridges, 41,300 schools built or rebuilt, 125,000 public buildings built or rebuilt. TVA and on and on.

Why is every answer from the left to increase taxes? The gov't is BROKE!!!! they have NO MONEY!!! The only way they can spend money is to TAX YOU FOR IT!!

I work for a small construction company. The owner is not rich. He's not doing bad, but he's not rich. Most of the work we do is on middle class homes. When these middle class people get a loan from the bank to put that addition on their modest home, I work. When I work, I earn money that I then spend on goods and services.

There certainly are rich people out there that employ people, but not all employers are rich. There certainly are rich people out there who buy goods and services, but since the middle class outnumber the rich, logically, the middle class put more money into the economy than the rich do.

Last edited:

Why is every answer from the left to increase taxes? The gov't is BROKE!!!! they have NO MONEY!!! The only way they can spend money is to TAX YOU FOR IT!!

Taxes rates are currently at the lowest they've been in decades. The rich can afford to pay a little more. Romney paid -- at the most -- 13% of his multimillion dollar income in taxes. He can afford to pay a little more.

Oh Joe Lieberman, that hardcore rightie says so !!!! (directly from your first link):

"Do you think that if JFK were alive today.....that he would be considered a Republican? Joe Lieberman with his final remarks stated he believed Kennedy would be a Republican today."

You mean Joe LIEberman, the Senator from Israel, the Senator who spoke at the 2008 GOP convention and wants America waste it's treasure and spill American soldiers blood to fight Israel's wars?

Of course a piece of shit like LIEberman would say that. Neocon Richard 'Prince of darkness' Perle selectively took JFK's Inaugural Address out of context and used it as justification for the invasion of Iraq.

Taxes rates are currently at the lowest they've been in decades. The rich can afford to pay a little more. Romney paid -- at the most -- 13% of his multimillion dollar income in taxes. He can afford to pay a little more.

Isn't the conservative battle cry: nothing's free? Well taxes are the way we pay for America. Think of it as our rent, our lease, our safety, whatever. Most people, except for some rich, do not object to paying taxes if the taxes are fair. I should pay more taxes, but only if they are fair, no more Cayman island stuff, no more loopholes for those that make substantial campaign contributions, no more useless endless wars, no more the rich should not pay taxes because they keep America rolling and inspire the riff-raff to be rich, no more....

I work for a small construction company. The owner is not rich. He's not doing bad, but he's not rich. Most of the work we do is on middle class homes. When these middle class people get a loan from the bank to put that addition on their modest home, I work. When I work, I earn money that I then spend on goods and services.

There certainly are rich people out there that employ people, but not all employers are rich. There certainly are rich people out there who buy goods and services, but since the middle class outnumber the rich, logically, the middle class put more money into the economy than the rich do.

How special for you....

The middle class puts ALL of their money into the economy -- it's called paying for life. It does nothing to get Obama's economic plan off the ground. In order to do that you need to get the middle class and poor to spend MORE money... They don't have any more money....

How special for you....

Go fuck yourself.

Isn't the conservative battle cry: nothing's free? Well taxes are the way we pay for America. Think of it as our rent, our lease, our safety, whatever. Most people, except for some rich, do not object to paying taxes if the taxes are fair. I should pay more taxes, but only if they are fair, no more Cayman island stuff, no more loopholes for those that make substantial campaign contributions, no more useless endless wars, no more the rich should not pay taxes because they keep America rolling and inspire the riff-raff to be rich, no more....

a flat tax --- I love it!! everyone pays their fair share! no loopholes at all. Oh and getting the rich to pay a little more is fine with me. Still isn;t going to get money into the economy. Just get money into the gov't. They owe 16 tirillion --- they are a bad off as anyone in the country.

Still waiting to hear how we build this economy from the bottom (or middle), out (or up) --- how do we get purchase power into the hands of the poor (or middle class).

This is why Obama's plan has failed by every measure --- you can't sprinkle fairy dust on the poor/middle and make them spend money. The only way the poor gets to the middle class is by landing middle class work. The only way the middle class gets into the top class is by making their money work for them.

It's hasn;t ever changed and it never will.

How special for you....

Go fuck yourself.

Obamanation is just a Monica Lewinsky for her beloved opulent. She licks her bosses ass every morning. But the boss has to squat because Obamanation has no spine and has to slither across the floor.

a flat tax --- I love it!! everyone pays their fair share! no loopholes at all. Oh and getting the rich to pay a little more is fine with me. Still isn;t going to get money into the economy. Just get money into the gov't. They owe 16 tirillion --- they are a bad off as anyone in the country.

Still waiting to hear how we build this economy from the bottom (or middle), out (or up) --- how do we get purchase power into the hands of the poor (or middle class).

This is why Obama's plan has failed by every measure --- you can't sprinkle fairy dust on the poor/middle and make them spend money. The only way the poor gets to the middle class is by landing middle class work. The only way the middle class gets into the top class is by making their money work for them.

America may never have a flat tax, a flat tax defeats the political favors-for-campaign- contribution part of constitution or something. If a flat tax were passed, how long would it take for a bill to be introuduced and passed that gave a tax loophole to those taxpayers that keep their money in the Cayman Islands?

America may never have a flat tax, a flat tax defeats the political favors-for-campaign- contribution part of constitution or something. If a flat tax were passed, how long would it take for a bill to be introuduced and passed that gave a tax loophole to those taxpayers that keep their money in the Cayman Islands?

Now you are talking about investments again...

Why don't libs understand the difference between income tax and capital gains taxes?

...and you dems can (and do) put money in the Caymans too...

You want to put your savings overseas? Go right ahead...

...and you dems can (and do) put money in the Caymans too...

You want to put your savings overseas? Go right ahead...

I would suggest that everyone that can profit by the Republican tax tactics legally do so. Laws passed to help the rich should be used by all that can use them, but most Americans realize they are not written for the riff-raff but for the Romneys. They are the rewards for those substantial campaign super-pac contributions.

Forum List

Back