Can Regressives Contrive a Better Invective Than "WOKE"?

There's no such thing as 'woke' as misrepresented and lied about by conservatives, another manifestation of white grievance politics and racist replacement theory.

Then stop calling yourselves that. It is a term you asshats coined.

Correct.

It simply means not being an ignorant, frightened, hateful racist and bigot.
Accusing Americans of being conscious and alert appears to be the authoritarian GOP's mandatory leitmotif these days.
Ivey's having performed in a blackface skit in college showed that she was glory-bound at a young age. Her efforts to protect monuments to individuals who had fought against the United States, and her discriminating against LGBTQ Americans confirmed her bona fides as being unwoke to the core.

Ideological politicians with no expertise supplanting educators (as well as medical professionals) is rampant:

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey on Friday announced she replaced her director of early childhood education over the use of a teacher training book, written by a nationally recognized education group, that the Republican governor denounced as teaching "woke concepts" because of language about inclusion and structural racism...

Screen Shot 2023-04-22 at 4.50.05 PM.png

"Let me be crystal clear: Woke concepts that have zero to do with a proper education and that are divisive at the core have no place in Alabama classrooms at any age level, let alone with our youngest learners," Ivey said in a statement.
The book is a guide for early childhood educators. It is not a curriculum taught to children.
Alabama consistently ranks as one of the worst-educated states in the nation

When I hear Republicans denouncing liberal Democrats as “racists,” “warmongers,” “demonrats” and “WOKE’” too — it just makes me want go back to sleep.

Napping in the afternoon , or taking a walk if the weather is nice … does wonders for one’s disposition.

When I hear Republicans denouncing liberal Democrats as “racists,” “warmongers,” “demonrats” and “WOKE’” too — it just makes me want go back to sleep.

Napping in the afternoon , or taking a walk if the weather is nice … does wonders for one’s disposition.
People are not describing liberals, there, Chicom.

They are describing those like you who despise liberal political theory.

Last edited:

Yeah, we know. The truth hurts your tiny little head.

People are not describing liberals, there, Chicom.

They are describing those like you who despise liberal political theory.
I don’t “despise liberal political theory” — far from it. But I am certainly not willing to waste my time discussing it with an ignoramus like yourself.

You — and Trump — care nothing about liberal theory or of preserving our liberal form of government. You also just slandered me as a “Chicom” — another sign you are a fool.

Last edited:
I don’t “despise liberal political theory” — far from it. But I am certainly not willing to waste my time discussing it with an ignoramus like yourself.

You — and Trump — care nothing about liberal theory or of preserving our liberal form of government or even “rule of law” in our Republic. You also just slandered me as a “Chicom” — another sign that you are a fool.
Of the two of us, I am absolutely certain that I am the only one to have taken political science at the university level.

Woke started as a white liberal "get out of being a racist" free card. White liberals who did things like use the N-word or dressed up in blackface could say they didn't realize those things were offensive but now that they "woke" and won't do them anymore.
You have no idea what you are talking about . It sound like your just making shit up and expecting people to believe you. Sadly, there is no shortage of people who will believe because they want to believe you. Meanwhile, all of you just latch on to ignorant misinformation that supports your world view and avoid any information that challenges it.'

Read this and try to learn something

What is the history of the word ‘woke’ and its modern uses? | The Independent

The phrase originated from African American Vernacular English but has been gradually co-opted by right wing players to be used as an insult
The phrase “woke” and to “stay woke” is not new — it began appearing in the 1940s and was first used by African Americans to “literally mean becoming woken up or sensitized to issues of justice”, says linguist and lexicographer Tony Thorne.
In 1971, the phrase was used in a play by American playwright Barry Beckham titled Garvey Lives!, in which he wrote: “I been sleeping all my life. And now that Mr Garvey done woke me up, I’m gon’ stay woke. And I’m gon’ help him wake up other black folk.”
It also entered popular culture thanks to singer Erykah Badu, who used the phrase “I stay woke” in her 2008 song Master Teacher. David Stovall, a professor of African-American studies at the University of Illinois, Chicago, told the New York Times that Ms. Badu’s use of the phrase meant “not being placated, not being anaesthetized”.

Forum List

Back