Can President Obama Become Competent?

Judith Miller? jeezus. Shall we forget her part in getting this country into the war with Iraq?

How many Americans have been killed by terrorists there?

Don't you understand how vapid this type of post is?

Please, make the effort to confront points, facts, ideas of the links and/or articles, rather than pretending that "Judith Miller? jeezus." is in any way dispositive.

This is schoolyard level; I'm sure you can do a better job of presenting your side of the argument.

Think of it this way: don't you wish those on the alternate side to stroke their collective chins and say, "hmmmmm, he's got a point."

Let's raise the level.

You really need to lose the Appeal to Ridicule logical fallacy, this board is a bit beyond that.

There may be a silver lining to this troubling affair. If it awakens the Obama administration to the threat that America faces, and if we begin to hear more about our war against “terrorists” rather than against “extremists,” it may well have been worth it. Happy New Year. It’s never too early to turn over a new leaf."
Obama's Near Miss by Judith Miller, City Journal 4 January 2010

No doubt. 911 was a failure to connect the dots. This incident was a failure to connect the dots. Since it is communication protocol between security agencies that is clearly the culprit here the question begged is why the leaf was never turned over by anyone.

And I do like the fact that you see nomenclature as the problem...especially since clearly it had no effect on communication protocol in the past.

Do you realize that under President Obama, there have been more terrorism incidents than any year since 2001?

Tell us what your point is.

No doubt. 911 was a failure to connect the dots. This incident was a failure to connect the dots. Since it is communication protocol between security agencies that is clearly the culprit here the question begged is why the leaf was never turned over by anyone.

And I do like the fact that you see nomenclature as the problem...especially since clearly it had no effect on communication protocol in the past.

Do you realize that under President Obama, there have been more terrorism incidents than any year since 2001?

And do you realize that the communication protocol between security agencies was the same under Obama as it was under Bush?

Of course they realize that. But rightwing mythology is their opiate.

Judith Miller? jeezus. Shall we forget her part in getting this country into the war with Iraq?

How many Americans have been killed by terrorists there?

Don't you understand how vapid this type of post is?

Please, make the effort to confront points, facts, ideas of the links and/or articles, rather than pretending that "Judith Miller? jeezus." is in any way dispositive.

This is schoolyard level; I'm sure you can do a better job of presenting your side of the argument.

Think of it this way: don't you wish those on the alternate side to stroke their collective chins and say, "hmmmmm, he's got a point."

Let's raise the level.

You really need to lose the Appeal to Ridicule logical fallacy, this board is a bit beyond that.

You are aware that there is no "Appeal to Ridicule" here.

I'm sure that you realized that the appeal here was simply as stated. Your response was the type that is seen in certain less-than-talented members who go no higher than 'so are you,' or personal attack, or simply ignoring cogent points.

I may be wrong, but I believe that I have seen more erudite battles from you, and look forward to that level of fight.

I see that you felt pressed to respond to what, at some level, resonated, and you felt the need to parry the thrust.

But it wasn't honest.

I'll bet that at some future time you will put the effort into a post that is more valuable, intelligent, and will engender the kind of back-and-forth that makes this board fun.

Last edited:
Political Chic is the one at the schoolyard level. Until she can focus and stay in context, ridicule is the appropriate response to her. It works on Sinatra and others: they are fun to watch.

Political Chic is the one at the schoolyard level. Until she can focus and stay in context, ridicule is the appropriate response to her. It works on Sinatra and others: they are fun to watch.

Oh, are you upset that I never said "I may be wrong, but I believe that I have seen more erudite battles from you, and look forward to that level of fight." about you?

Can you guess why?

Poor baby.

You should have no trouble in admitting you were wrong as you were last time. That is the mark of maturity, Political Chic.

Obama is competant. If the full body scanners had been in place, this guy never would have been allowed on the plane.

Why weren't they in place? Go ahead, ask that question.

Because Republicans blocked funding. They feel these scanners are an, get this, an "invasion of privacy". This is the party of the Patriot Act and "spy on Americans" and "recorded phone calls" and they feel someone looking at your "kibbles and bits" is an "invasion of privacy? No wonder the entire world thinks they are as stupid and bag of rocks and more dangerous than al Queda. They ENABLE al Queda.

And Republicans keep saying they have no power.

Not so fast. Body scanners likely would NOT have picked up this particular kind of explosive, according to the Dutch who use such scanners.

Al Qaeda has already bought body scanners to figure out how to defeat them.

I know that and sooner or later they will perfect their methods of evading detection. Nothing like playing catch up on our part. I just found a story that says al-Qaeda is now planning attacks on ships at sea and are working on an aerosol method of spreading botulism in a plane.

I wonder who Obama will make accountable for the next attacks?

bni is behind the times: Al Quada has been trying to perfect those tactics for years. The great majority of America does not want to start a crusade against the Muslim world, thank heavens.

And do you realize that the communication protocol between security agencies was the same under Obama as it was under Bush?

and of course you're just either blind or brainwashed to see the fact that threats of prosecution of OUR OWN CIA AND TROOPS by this Administration to appease Code Pink/DUh/DailyKOS types, such as yourself, has caused them to refrain from doing what is necessary to win this war so all of our troops can come home. Hope you're real proud of Obama's failures so far....I'm not.

When will we EVER get a Democrat President with some fucking balls!!!!!

Tell us what your point is.

:lol::lol::lol: Is that really necessary? You don't get the point on your own???

and of course you're just either blind or brainwashed to see the fact that threats of prosecution of OUR OWN CIA AND TROOPS by this Administration to appease Code Pink/DUh/DailyKOS types, such as yourself, has caused them to refrain from doing what is necessary to win this war so all of our troops can come home. Hope you're real proud of Obama's failures so far....I'm not.

When will we EVER get a Democrat President with some fucking balls!!!!!

Some questions just don't have answers...

Not so fast. Body scanners likely would NOT have picked up this particular kind of explosive, according to the Dutch who use such scanners.

Al Qaeda has already bought body scanners to figure out how to defeat them.

I know that and sooner or later they will perfect their methods of evading detection. Nothing like playing catch up on our part. I just found a story that says al-Qaeda is now planning attacks on ships at sea and are working on an aerosol method of spreading botulism in a plane.

I wonder who Obama will make accountable for the next attacks?

Bush!!!! Who else is he going to hold accountable for his failures? He certainly won't change his spots now and accept the responsibility of the Presidency as his own. That's not part of the game plan for Democrats.

bni is behind the times: Al Quada has been trying to perfect those tactics for years. The great majority of America does not want to start a crusade against the Muslim world, thank heavens.

We will when/if we get to where Europe is with their Muslim problem. The far right wingers are gaining more seats around European nations than ever before and the lefties are being thrown out in favor of people who will stop the influx of Muslims who are ruining their countries.

Look for al-Qaeda to get very active now that they know we have a POTUS who won't do anything to them. There have been 36 terrorist events in the US since 9/11/01. Twelve of them have happened just since Obama took office. Look for a lot more in 2010. I'm thinking during the State of the Union address would be a great time for the next attack on Washington. They did miss their target of the Capital Bldg on 9/11, didn't they?

There may be a silver lining to this troubling affair. If it awakens the Obama administration to the threat that America faces, and if we begin to hear more about our war against “terrorists” rather than against “extremists,” it may well have been worth it. Happy New Year. It’s never too early to turn over a new leaf."
Obama's Near Miss by Judith Miller, City Journal 4 January 2010

Do you realize that just because you make a claim, it doesn't magically become true?

Forum List

Back