Can President Obama Become Competent?

The damage to our CIA has already been done. They're simply laying low at this point. They will not risk being arrested and imprisoned by their own Government for possibly being too mean to brutal Terrorists. We're all going to pay for this. All in Pelosi's gang should be arrested for what they have done to our CIA. May God help us all.

They are keeping an eye on you Libo.....its only a matter of time

My writing is insightful, incisive, and to the point.

You have not identified a problem for this administration.

I merely pointed out the inherent inconsistency of your comment.

Are you able to understand the above?

Ah, so it is an attempt to make the post difficult to response to due to lack of specificity!

And here I thought you were nonsensical...

Oh, that is what I think.

Now, Starky, specify the 'hill you wish to die on,' and I'll see that you get what you deserve.

The damage to our CIA has already been done. They're simply laying low at this point. They will not risk being arrested and imprisoned by their own Government for possibly being too mean to brutal Terrorists. We're all going to pay for this. All in Pelosi's gang should be arrested for what they have done to our CIA. May God help us all.
Yup. Not only that, they will not be exactly forthcoming in key intel info to the President, either.

Don'tcha feel safe?

Yeah...think about it....

"here you go Mr. President. We have captured Bin Laden's number 1"

"Job well done men. Please show me that you read him his miranda rights; prove his bloody lip was not from your actions...and please give me proof that you did not act stupidly"
He's not a great fan of the military, either, and that is being kind to Obama.

But you can bet your bottom dollar (if you have any left that are not reserved for the state) that he will immediately react to a media outlet when they are not flattering to Him.

Last edited:
Bush has been gone for nearly a year.... when will this administration take responsibility?

Never?

Answer: 16 days.

Then he will be in his second year.

Nope...he'll ride that horse til it is D E A D

And it wont truly die until the media lets go of it.

Watch NBC news....any controversy they report on, they mention how Bush was no different...and worse.

The left supports their great choice by saying that he is no worse than Bush....a man they say was the worst President in our history.

I dont know.....I guess if I wanted to brag about my new Corvette, I wouldnt say "it has its faults, but no worse than my Ford Pinto had"

Sad arguments by the left...very sad.

Add to that an Attorney General conducting criminal investigations of the interrogators and it goes beyond mere poltical correctness and becomes a CYA operation from the start. How rough are you going to get if it may mean prison?

Possible criminal charges against CIA operatives for doing what they were told to do....court marshall of Navy Seals for ALLEGEDLY punching a terrorist in the tummy...."The police acted stupidly"...Black Panthers caught on tape intimidating possible voters yet get off with charges dropped.....

Yeah....sure....I feel real safe.
Nice summary. I give Obama a vote of no confidence in having any desire whatsoever in protecting the citizenry (well, the US citizenry).

That's simply irrational.

Possible criminal charges against CIA operatives for doing what they were told to do....court marshall of Navy Seals for ALLEGEDLY punching a terrorist in the tummy...."The police acted stupidly"...Black Panthers caught on tape intimidating possible voters yet get off with charges dropped.....

Nice summary. I give Obama a vote of no confidence in having any desire whatsoever in protecting the citizenry (well, the US citizenry).

Explain.

Poor repignicans- so confused- Obama is already competant to be president- you repigs may need to ask the question after 8 years of bush incompetance . your confusion is understandable. Lets remember that bush, through his incompetance missed the 911 attacks and never solved the anthrax attack and didn't catch the shoe bomber or bin laden.

It does not mean he wants harm to US citizens. I anm sure he does not.

It means that security is not a priority to him. The status quo is fine.

He prefers addressing health care, global warming, redistrinbution, etc.

Seems he fogot his role was to defend and protect.

Easy to forget when the media found it profitable to not remind him.

Poor repignicans- so confused- Obama is already competant to be president- you repigs may need to ask the question after 8 years of bush incompetance . your confusion is understandable. Lets remember that bush, through his incompetance missed the 911 attacks and never solved the anthrax attack and didn't catch the shoe bomber or bin laden.

ANd so the changes Obama has made to fix that are.......?

And, to the OP in general: No, I do not think Obama can become competent. My idea of competence for a US President are his interest, desire, willingness, and actions to make the majority of the citizenry's freedom and safety paramount. These are not the interests, desires, willingness, and actions of Obama. In fact, they are the opposite.

Last edited:
Judith Miller? jeezus. Shall we forget her part in getting this country into the war with Iraq?

How many Americans have been killed by terrorists there?

Judith Miller? jeezus. Shall we forget her part in getting this country into the war with Iraq?

How many Americans have been killed by terrorists there?

Don't you understand how vapid this type of post is?

Please, make the effort to confront points, facts, ideas of the links and/or articles, rather than pretending that "Judith Miller? jeezus." is in any way dispositive.

This is schoolyard level; I'm sure you can do a better job of presenting your side of the argument.

Think of it this way: don't you wish those on the alternate side to stroke their collective chins and say, "hmmmmm, he's got a point."

Let's raise the level.

Come on, little neo-cons here, give us the terrorist kill for Bush's first year compared to Obama's.

I believe Obama is competent. I agree with him on most political ideals, including health care. My idea of competent is different than most. First, to be competent a president must communicate with his people. We all know he's done this one plenty. Second, a president must consider plainly what is needed in the country, and act. Failing health care system, make a new one, BOOM. Economy all F'ed up, Several stimulus packages, let the healing begin 2010, BOOM. Action was needed and action happened. Change? Change is happening. Third, a president must do as he promised during his campaign. Though his first term is hardly old enough to judge yet, things are looking good, he is delivering. I must conclude that at this point President Obama looks like a competent president to me.

If you don't like my post, just look at the kitteh.... LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!

Then you need to find the answer or give a good estimate with sources. I can certainly answer your question when you have answered the first one.

You see, we are not playing stupid girls, answering a question with another question.

Then you need to find the answer or give a good estimate with sources. I can certainly answer your question when you have answered the first one.

You see, we are not playing stupid girls, answering a question with another question.

:eusa_hand:George Terrorist Bush's terrorist kill count is incalculably growing as the war goes on, as is his American kill count, and British kill count, etc. He was an epic fail to say the least.:doubt:

Nice tryt but I did not answer a question with a question.

I admitted I did not know the answer. I guess you see fault in daring to be ignorant.

It is a good quality to have...admitting lack of knowledge about something. It allows you to learn.

Now that being said, I will retract my question to you as you refuse to dare to be ignorant and say I dont know. You prefer to not know and not learn. Good for you.

But I will say this....I am saddened at the loss of life of our soldiers....but for every terrorist they kill, the potential of 3000 more American lives lost is eliminated.

It does not mean he wants harm to US citizens. I anm sure he does not.

It means that security is not a priority to him. The status quo is fine.

He prefers addressing health care, global warming, redistrinbution, etc.

Seems he fogot his role was to defend and protect.

Easy to forget when the media found it profitable to not remind him.

Cops are supposed to defend and protect.

The President is suppose to defend the Constitution and this country against all enemies foreign and domestic......

Problem is he doesn't defend the constitution....he wants to rewrite it....and he only wants to go after what he calls "Domestic Terrorists". "Tea-baggers and Faux News".

He doesn't give a flip about defending us from foreign threats because he thinks he's a citizen of the world....not the United States.

Forum List

Back