Can President Biden be impeached for things that may have happened before he became President - like when he was Vice President?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
According to a legal expert I heard a short time ago on CNN, the Constitution does not allow for that. In other words, President Biden may only be impeached for things that happen during his presidency. All the Hunter Biden stuff the House is claiming happened when President Biden was Vice President. Does anyone have any more legal information about this? What do you think?

Last edited:
According to a legal expert I heard a short time ago on CNN, the Constitution does not allow for that. In other words, President Biden may only be impeached for things that happen during his presidency. All the Hunter Biden stuff the House is claiming happened when President Biden was Vice President. Does anyone have any more legal information about this? What do you think?
Holy shit. Is that an admission or what?

Biden is attempting to cover up what he did when he was VP.....so the coverup is worse than the crime sometimes.

He can be impeached for anything he does as POTUS, including covering up crimes he committed when he was VP. That's obstruction. If he's conspiring to commit more crimes while POTUS he can be impeached. However, there's a possibility he can be indicted while president for crimes he committed as VP or as a private citizen.

Why not? Democrats set a precedent .why wouldn't Republicans follow this?

There is no definition for High Crimes and Misdemeanors in the Constitution so the House can impeach him over lunch. All it takes is 50% + 1.

The precedent is certain that he can and it drove VP Spiro Agnew out of office
THe Constitution DEMANDS it.,

Forum List

Back