GOP senator says Biden can’t be impeached for pre-presidential actions

Okay...you are right...it seems...?

Just need a high crime and misdemeanor, treason, or Bribery...before or after holding office, and 2/3s of the Senate, voting to convict, for removal.

Still not an issue with Biden, because Congress still hasn't found a Crime after 10 months of searching... it will be no different with this new impeachment inquiry, which seems to be a dog and pony show by the house...imho.
Sorry Care, but the same argument cam be made for the Dem impeachments of Trump. There were no crimes, in either impeachment.

Correct. Just as you shouldn’t go after Trump for no valid reason other than hate.

False. It is akin to punishing an errant child. (The Dims.). Reinforce the message that what you did is unacceptable. See? Now that it’s being done to you, you don’t like it.

Nonsense. Of course it is.

Claiming that he abused his powers at all is just you being a partisan hack. He ain’t. By contrast, there is excellent reason to believe that Potato did. Worth looking into.
Nope. Sworn testimony supports my view. Even some of of his fellow Republicans agree that what he did was wrong, just not impeachable (because impeachment is, in reality, a political not legal process).

Now if you think Biden did something wrong, sure look into it. But it shouldn’t be based on Trumpian Butthurt.

Nonsense.

Zzz. Nonsense.

No. I’m saying you folks need to be taught that if you don’t want none, don’t start. Payback is a bitch. But learning this case, it’s warranted.

Said every Jr High kid ever….:rolleyes:

False. Again, there is plenty of evidence to support the investigation. 👍
I like a good joke! :lol:

Your ilk is merely afraid of what a full investigation is likely to show.

Nah…you go for it. It’s the only plank on your platform after all :👍🏻

No. You won’t. You won’t even acknowledge that investigation is already warranted.
Meh….an investigation may be warranted but an impeachment inquiry? They can’t even decide what it is he is supposed to accused of that they are going to find evidence for.

Nope. Sworn testimony supports my view.

No. It sure doesn’t.
Even some of of his fellow Republicans agree that what he did was wrong, just not impeachable (because impeachment is, in reality, a political not legal process).
Repeating yourself isn’t a valid argument. Youre still wrong. And even if some Republicans happened to agree with you, that’s also just a fallacious form of argument.
Now if you think Biden did something wrong, sure look into it. But it shouldn’t be based on Trumpian Butthurt.
It isn’t based on any butthurt. It’s to teach your ok a lesson. And, as I said earlier, at least this time there is a good basis to commence an investigation.
Said every Jr High kid ever….:rolleyes:
Zzz. Weak rebuttal. 🙄
I like a good joke! :lol:
No joke. Not funny. Your unwillingness to admit it is actually more long the lines of “pathetic.”
Nah…you go for it. It’s the only plank on your platform after all :👍🏻
I’m not running a campaign. Sadly, Potato is — using the DOJ as a tool. Highly inappropriate.
Meh….an investigation may be warranted but an impeachment inquiry?
The investigation is the inquiry. WTF are you trying to parse? :dunno:
They can’t even decide what it is he is supposed to accused of that they are going to find evidence for.
Sure I can. And many others already have. Your unwillingness to perceive reality is a you problem.

No. It’s not. I have consistently denied that claim. And there’s zero support for your present contention.
Well, we have the tape of Trump pressing Zelensky to go after Biden for starters. Then the military aid mysteriously held up by Trump at the same time for no particular reason. Then Giuliani harassing the Ukrainians telling them it’s in their best interest to do as Trump says. Then diplomats being told that Zelensky could get a White House visit if he plays ball on Trump’s demands.

There’s plenty of support, if you aren’t kept ignorant of it.
And yes. She did.
When?

Well, we have the tape of Trump pressing Zelensky to go after Biden for starters.
You do?
Then the military aid mysteriously held up by Trump at the same time for no particular reason.
Was it? For no particular reason?
Then Giuliani harassing the Ukrainians telling them it’s in their best interest to do as Trump says.
Generally, don’t folks advocating for a government advise the other party that it would be in their interest to do as asked?
Then diplomats being told that Zelensky could get a White House visit if he plays ball on Trump’s demands.
Zzz. I’m sure nobody in the history of the White House has ever dangled a visit with the President before.
There’s plenty of support, if you aren’t kept ignorant of it.
So far, no evidence of anything along the lines of your contention. As expected.
try opening your eyes. I swear, if you try it, you might actually be able to see what you pretend to be looking for.

You obviously stayed away from any real news or the impeachment trials, so like most trumpers, you do not know the FACTS and EVIDENCE that was presented..... it was kept from you, by your Trump Media complex... Sad....

Why did Nancy edit out peacefully protest for the J6 hearings?

Even though he is a republican and even from Oklahoma he actually has a point.

Rare I know but lightning does strike occasionally, lol.

He even said it on newmax, I would imagine much to the disappointment of the hosts.

OPinions?

I don't think that's true. xiden can be impeached for influence peddling as VP and if convicted could be disqualified from holding any federal office. Including president. But there are enough high crimes he's committed as president and they could just add those charges to the proceedings.

Because the 4 second blurt, out of the 3600 second Rant, was meaningless. And the rioters left to the capitol left before the 4 second CYA comment was said by trump.

Why not leave it in then if it was meaningless?

Unlike Democrats, the Republicans are not conducting a clown show process in the media. The assumption there are no crimes are baseless.

Forcing Biden to resign is the most likely goal anyway. It's an election year, Harris would take over and be an incumbent candidate. Democrats would have to throw a woman of color who is allegedly of sound mind and in good health under the bus for no apparent reason. A person who was hand picked to take the reigns in such an event. Good luck with that.
She’s correct – and you’re wrong, as usual.

This ‘inquiry’ as nothing but political theater, a meritless, baseless, and reprehensible effort to weaponize the impeachment process for purely partisan reasons.

It also illustrates how weak and pathetic Johnson is as he attempts to placate the House Treason Caucus and appease the extremistist base.

If irrefutable evidence of past crimes come to light... whether they lead to Impeachment or not... would it affect your decision to vote for Biden in 2024?
I would not vote for a criminal, either – which is why I would never vote for the likes of Trump.

Clearly a majority of Republicans have no problem voting for a criminal – and indeed, millions of Republicans will do just that when the primaries start.

It’s a transcript. Its easy to find.
Was it? For no particular reason?
Yes. There was no stated reason. It was out of the blue, and out of the ordinary.
Generally, don’t folks advocating for a government advise the other party that it would be in their interest to do as asked?
The ask was to help Trump attack his political opponent.
Zzz. I’m sure nobody in the history of the White House has ever dangled a visit with the President before.
Not in exchange for attacking a political opponent.
So far, no evidence of anything along the lines of your contention. As expected.
Your ignorance is a choice.
try opening your eyes. I swear, if you try it, you might actually be able to see what you pretend to be looking for.
So far no evidence of anything along the lines of your contention. As expected.

Even though he is a republican and even from Oklahoma he actually has a point.

Rare I know but lightning does strike occasionally, lol.

He even said it on newmax, I would imagine much to the disappointment of the hosts.

OPinions?

It depends if he reported the earnings

It’s a transcript. Its easy to find.

Yes. There was no stated reason. It was out of the blue, and out of the ordinary.

The ask was to help Trump attack his political opponent.

Not in exchange for attacking a political opponent.

Your ignorance is a choice.

So far no evidence of anything along the lines of your contention. As expected.
You’re being even duller than usual.

The ones he’s being accused of taking? Really?
You’re worried about whether he reported the money you imagined he took?

Seems like you might be putting the cart before the horse.

You’re worried about whether he reported the money you imagined he took?

Seems like you might be putting the cart before the horse.
I don’t imagine anything. I’m merely following the investigation

Forum List

Back