Can People Change ?

I think some people can change easily others not so much. Depends a lot on your circumstances in life.
I second this. To me, it also depends on how people look at whatever it is that they experience or see another person go through instead.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I like to hear people's "justification" or "argument" as to why or why not... HOWEVER

I have to admit, I saw how long Midcan's response was and passed over it....

I saw this on the board - worded differently. I was like, ok, cool, that's an interesting topic....
But was about politics and really I don't care if Trump or Hillary or whoever changes.......

But I am curious if you think people can change their core personality

People can change but they don't.

I like to hear people's "justification" or "argument" as to why or why not... HOWEVER

I say yes because I have seen it done. It just requires an understanding of yourself and human nature. You study your reactions to different things and ask why you react the way you do. Couple that with a desire to change and you find out its all just a habit you have to break. Nothing is set in stone except automatic responses controlled by base brain.

I say yes because I have seen it done. It just requires an understanding of yourself and human nature. You study your reactions to different things and ask why you react the way you do. Couple that with a desire to change and you find out its all just a habit you have to break. Nothing is set in stone except automatic responses controlled by base brain.

What about sexual preference and/or orientation?

I think thats hardwired. In some case it can be confused due to a traumatic event and overriden but thats not a conscious decision..

I think thats hardwired. In some case it can be confused due to a traumatic event and overriden but thats not a conscious decision..

Do you don't think it's possible to reprogram your sexual attraction. You are born with it? Or do you feel it is hardwired after you are born - maybe early in life?

Do you don't think it's possible to reprogram your sexual attraction. You are born with it? Or do you feel it is hardwired after you are born - maybe early in life?
I think its hardwired before you are born. I think you can be born homo or hetero. I think you can be born bi. I also think that for some it can be confused later due to environment, social conditioning, etc. I dont think someone with a full awareness of themselves can be forced to change what they are hardwired with. Just like its impossible to brainwash some people.

I think its hardwired before you are born. I think you can be born homo or hetero. I think you can be born bi. I also think that for some it can be confused later due to environment, social conditioning, etc. I dont think someone with a full awareness of themselves can be forced to change what they are hardwired with. Just like its impossible to brainwash some people.
I'vs heatd so mang people zay sex is 99% mental

HUH ? Change ?
caitlin-jenner-media-strategy.jpg

THIS IS MERIKA !!! #1!!!

0defbde2e760d219641d0f6d38cb09b2.jpg

It is when your society makes it more than what it is. Sex is different from procreating. We procreate because sex is enjoyable. We have sex to enjoy ourselves.

It is when your society makes it more than what it is. Sex is different from procreating. We procreate because sex is enjoyable. We have sex to enjoy ourselves.

Hmmm but when people say they enjoy or don't enjoy sex, it's mental.
But what body parts you are attracted to? I'm just not sure......
Women can have a "manish" personality, so the sexual attraction has to be about body parts, no?

I personally believe that whatever you first sexual feeling is, imprints your future turn arousals.
I'm not sure at what age you are first able to experience sexual feelings or how.... I can only speak for myself.
I guess if I really think about it, my crushes were always on or with boys - I even had crushes as early as 5 years old but my first REAL crush I remember having was in the 3rd grade, so more like 8/9 years old. Different than having a sexual desire however.....

I dunno.... sex is nice, but, I find the emotional excitement more fun that the actual act.
So there is that "mental" part -

I could be wrong, but, think men find it easier to enjoy sex just for the physical pleasure of it.
Men are much more forthcoming about discussing these issues.

Hmmm but when people say they enjoy or don't enjoy sex, it's mental.
But what body parts you are attracted to? I'm just not sure......
Women can have a "manish" personality, so the sexual attraction has to be about body parts, no?

I personally believe that whatever you first sexual feeling is, imprints your future turn arousals.
I'm not sure at what age you are first able to experience sexual feelings or how.... I can only speak for myself.
I guess if I really think about it, my crushes were always on or with boys - I even had crushes as early as 5 years old but my first REAL crush I remember having was in the 3rd grade, so more like 8/9 years old. Different than having a sexual desire however.....
I was five when I first remember being sexually attracted to women. No body parts were involved but just being close to this girl that gave me a kiss on the cheek. I told my mom that I got hard and she about passed out!

I saw this on the board - worded differently. I was like, ok, cool, that's an interesting topic....
But was about politics and really I don't care if Trump or Hillary or whoever changes.......

But I am curious if you think people can change their core personality

Yes,

* people have changed their lives from heterosexual to homosexual or homosexual to heterosexual I met someone who came out as transgender -- after 20 years of living in resentment as a male who was never really happy, finally came out with a female personality as their true spiritual identity. Very happy to start a new life, but had to divorce a wife and start over. It is like becoming a different person, but that person is the one they were the whole time and just never could show or live it until later.

* people who used to be addicted to drugs, like Karla Faye Tucker who cruelly killed someone with a pickaxe while high on drugs, can totally change and be a different person. See also David Berkowitz who changed from a homicidally sick serial killer and stalker "Son of Sam" to a new person after he was cured of obsessive criminal disorders, addiction and illness brought on by occult related practices, and now reaches out to help other recognize sickness and get help before it's too late. AriseandShine.org

I know of former gang members who are totally different people, where you'd never guess they used to be hardened criminals.

The group Alternatives to Violence Project also reported inmates who started off as homicidal killers, who would kill you as soon as look at you, later transformed into compassionate human beings who volunteer in outreach and teaching workshops to help others uncover their true potential that is their natural default suppressed underneath.

What people CANNOT do is change into something they aren't.
These changes I am talking about, are people coming to terms with their true nature and selves that weren't showing before, so they appear to be totally different people, unrecognizable in comparison!

What people CANNOT do is change into something they aren't.
These changes I am talking about, are people coming to terms with their true nature and selves that weren't showing before, so they appear to be totally different people, unrecognizable in comparison

Can you cite an example?

Forum List

Back