Can McCain Come Back?

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Over the last few days, the national tracking polls, for the first time in a month (or since the Lehman Brothers collapse triggered the current stage in the financial crisis), have shown a small movement away from Barack Obama and toward John McCain. A 6.6% Obama lead in the RCP national average Monday was down to 5.1% Wednesday. The trend, however is mixed. Gallup gives Obama his biggest lead of the year at 11%, while Reuters, Hotline, and CBS, show the race in the 1-3% range. Even with margins of error, this range of results is pretty large.

The state polls, on the other hand, have been quite favorable to Obama in the battleground states for weeks, and are consistent with a national polling lead of 6-7%. Obama now is in a commanding position with regard to the Electoral College. The state polls tend to lag the national tracking poll movement since they are not conducted as often, and if the national race is tightening, the state polls will also move a bit when they next appear.

RealClearPolitics - Articles - Can McCain Come Back?

Over the last few days, the national tracking polls, for the first time in a month (or since the Lehman Brothers collapse triggered the current stage in the financial crisis), have shown a small movement away from Barack Obama and toward John McCain. A 6.6% Obama lead in the RCP national average Monday was down to 5.1% Wednesday. The trend, however is mixed. Gallup gives Obama his biggest lead of the year at 11%, while Reuters, Hotline, and CBS, show the race in the 1-3% range. Even with margins of error, this range of results is pretty large.

The state polls, on the other hand, have been quite favorable to Obama in the battleground states for weeks, and are consistent with a national polling lead of 6-7%. Obama now is in a commanding position with regard to the Electoral College. The state polls tend to lag the national tracking poll movement since they are not conducted as often, and if the national race is tightening, the state polls will also move a bit when they next appear.

There's obviously going to be a contraction in a race with no incumbents. As much I'd like to believe, North Carolina is not going blue this year. Neither is Florida, most likely. I think this year is much like 2000, except it will come down to Ohio and one other, small state, perhaps New Hampshire. I predict Obama 49, MCcain 48.

The Nationals are swinging back a little bit, but battleground states are still very much for Obama.

When Virginia is Obama +5.1, McCain has got huge problems.

I don't put a lot of stock in polls. hell I lied to a pollster more than once.

I think it will all be decided by Bob Barr in Indiana. That race is a dead heat and Barr has 6-7%. It will be interesting.

I think it will all be decided by Bob Barr in Indiana. That race is a dead heat and Barr has 6-7%. It will be interesting.

isn't Bob Bar a Republican? his 6-7% will draw from McCain not Obama.

Skull what is the point of lying to pollsters? that's kind of childish isn't it? :eusa_whistle:

That said, I expect the race won't be a blow out but I also expect Obama will win.

Skull what is the point of lying to pollsters? that's kind of childish isn't it? :eusa_whistle:

That said, I expect the race won't be a blow out but I also expect Obama will win.

He is a Libertarian. I think polls have shown that hes been taking roughly the same amount of votes from Obama and McCain.

McCain is going to win. I know that sounds like partisan hackmanship but no one can deny that if Hillary had been the nominee, the race would have been over months ago. That it is this close with an unpopular war, a finacial crisis and a lame duck president with a 27% is a testament to America's discomfort with the Democratic nominee.

The Dem's will claim it is because he is black, but in truth it is because he is GREEN.

Last edited:

I can tell you that Obama's campaign thinks McCain can win.. A friend of mine is working for the Obama campaign in Colorado. I asked him over the phone yesterday if the campaign thought they had this in the bag. He said "Not at all. They hate the hype. They are worried that the poll numbers will make people stay home." In other words, they are afraid of "Why vote, he is going to win anyway...."

Last edited:

The way I see it politicians lie to us all the time so why should I give them the truth in return?

I can tell you that Obama's campaign thinks he can win.. A friend of mine is working for the Obama campaign in Colorado. I asked him over the phone yesterday if the campaign thought they had this in the bag. He said "Not at all. They hate the hype. They are worried that the poll numbers will make people stay home." In other words, they are afraid of "Why vote, he is going to win anyway...."
:clap2:

I started at the top of this thread and I thought no way can Obama supporters think that this one is in the bag, every vote counts. After reading this post...validation.

Obama may not have to worry about a come back, he maybe kick out of the race all together. I thought it was awfully suspicious of McCain pulling out of some states and being so confident at the same time, at any rate check out these links...
Power Line Forum | Federal Suit: Obama Not A ?Natural Born Citizen,? Obama & DNC Try To Delay Production of Obama?s Birth Certificate ’Till After Election

Thousands of Troops Are Deployed on U.S. Streets Ready to Carry Out "Crowd Control" | Rights and Liberties | AlterNet

More Bogus Obama Donors Surface, Donations Made Between July and Early August - CBS News

Also Google "REX 84"

The only way Obama is getting kicked out of this election is if he's killed by a Republican or if Bush declares martial law and becomes King George the IV.

Btw, I have to admit I'm laughing my ass off right now by looking at this huge McCain rally and not being able to find one damn non-white person.

I see a bunch of old white men, women, and a bunch of young white kids.

Oh wait, they have the one token black guy that McCain hugged. :lol:

They are scared alright, except it isn't because what they want to say.

Forum List

Back