Can Atheists be Moral?

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

Can atheists be moral? - Atheist Alliance International
Of course they can.

The bigger question is "can religious folks, like child-molesting Catholics, be moral?"
/----/ "like child-molesting Catholics, be moral?""
Pedophiles will play any role, take any job and pretend to be the opposite of what they really are so they can have access to their victims - children. Whitewashing Catholics as child-molesters as if it's part of our religion is as intellectually dishonest as labeling all Soccer coaches as child molesters because of a few bad actors.
Thousands upon thousands over decades with not only no repercussions but the next best thing to official sanction is not "a few bad actors" it's institutionalized pedophilia. Brought to you by your "moral superiors".
/----/ Leave it to you to miss the point by a country mile.

Many theists believe it is clear-cut. Humans can only have opinions about morality, and no one’s opinion is any more valid than anyone else’s. This leads them to the conclusion that an objective source of morality must stand apart from, and above, humans. That source, they say, is God. Since atheists, reject God, atheists can have no basis for morality.

This is really two separate arguments: (1) that God is the source of objective morality and humans can learn morality from God and (2) that humans on their own have no way to know what is moral and what is not.

Of course they can.

The bigger question is "can religious folks, like child-molesting Catholics, be moral?"
Pedophiles will play any role, take any job and pretend to be the opposite of what they really are so they can have access to their victims - children. Whitewashing Catholics as child-molesters as if it's part of our religion is as intellectually dishonest as labeling all Soccer coaches as child molesters because of a few bad actors.
Thousands upon thousands over decades with not only no repercussions but the next best thing to official sanction is not "a few bad actors" it's institutionalized pedophilia. Brought to you by your "moral superiors".
I did not miss your point, I pointed out it's flaws.

Wake up.

Of course they can.

Its not only Catholics who molest children, just as many Protestants do as well.
and haredi jews, Jerusalem - Chief Rabbi Lau: Do Not Sweep Sexual Abuse Claims Under The Carpet

The question to ask, is why are not all Christians moral?

Of course they can.

Its not only Catholics who molest children, just as many Protestants do as well.
and haredi jews, Jerusalem - Chief Rabbi Lau: Do Not Sweep Sexual Abuse Claims Under The Carpet

Why are so many christians less moral than atheists?

Of course they can.

I haven't come here to indulge your Jew fetish.

You just can't resist, can you?

Of course they can.

No just can't. All religious have pedophiles including jews. Now call me an anti-Semite. I love it.

Of course they can.

/——/ The perverts aren’t Christians. They are pedophiles Pretending to be Christians so they can gain access to the children. Try and let that sink in.

Morals are something you are raised with, it doesn't matter what religion you might belong to, and actually atheist seem to value all life more, as they know its the only one.

Of course they can.

I did not miss your point, I pointed out it's flaws.

Wake up.
/—-/ I’ll dumb it down for you. Pedophiles aren’t Christians. They pretend to be to get children.

Of course they can.

/——/ The perverts aren’t Christians. They are pedophiles Pretending to be Christians so they can gain access to the children. Try and let that sink in.
So they have no idea that what they are doing is wrong because their God told them it was wrong in the scripts they were studying.??

Of course they can.

No just can't. All religious have pedophiles including jews. Now call me an anti-Semite. I love it.

You're obsessed, that's what.

Of course they can.

So they have no idea that what they are doing is wrong because their God told them it was wrong in the scripts they were studying.??
/—-/ Why do you defend perverts who hurt children? How can you do that with a clear conscience? Sad.

Of course they can.

/—-/ Why do you defend perverts who hurt children? How can you do that with a clear conscience? Sad.
You think what I said supports the abuse of children? You must be cross eyed.

Of course they can.

/——/ Yes. You intentionally blame Christians for the actions of interlopers whom you defend with a passion.

/——/ Yes. You intentionally blame Christians for the actions of interlopers whom you defend with a passion.
Hardly so, I'd have them tortured and killed if I had my way.

/----/ The Romans and Muslims tortured and killed Christians too. You're in terrible company.

/----/ The Romans and Muslims tortured and killed Christians too. You're in terrible company.

Yeah. I watched Ben Hur ten times on TV over Christmas.

Forum List

Back