Can anyone tell me what the GOP platform is for 2014?

I've been listening to a lot of the GOP blather on about Benghazi and how they want to repeal Obamacare, but they don't say anything else.

What about jobs? What about fixing the infrastructure of this country? What about the minimum wage?

I have yet to hear anyone from the right who is going to be running for election this year speak about anything other than those 2 subjects, and it's not so much a party platform as much as it is a mudslinging witch hunt.

If people actually vote for their best interests, they will elect Dems to control both the House and the Senate.

Want to cut down on all the money we pay people in SNAP benefits? It's simple.........raise the minimum wage to 10.10/hour, and they will no longer be eligible to draw SNAP, because they will make too much money.

Among other things....send Harry Reid to the shitpile of history.

my platform is to remove enough democrats that they do not control either house and can no longer shut down legislation. You know like how reid has done since 2010.

Then the actual bills will get up or down votes instead of being shit canned cause reid doesn't like them.

No more free ride for obama, he will have to veto bills and show us exactly what he wants.

you should pay more attention to the news then. It's not the dems who are blocking legislation, it's the reps, and it wasn't the dems that shut down the government for 24 days, it was the republicans.
. Lol

About 24 posts thus far into this thread and not one rightist is able to explain the GOP platform for 2014.

We can therefore only assume more of the same: obstruct, drag their feet, and undermine economic recovery for some perceived partisan gain.

And of course the social right will be hard at work seeking to deny Americans their civil liberties and expanding the size and authority of the state at the expense of citizens’ civil rights.

Some things never change.

The GOP needs to become the party of efficacy and family values again. We need to become excited about American first policies and supporting what is good for our country.

-We should value science. Science and tech is why we're so powerful! Reagan would do exactly this....I don't know what the republicans have become, but it isn't what America needs!

Wasn't there a time when Republicans were for small government and low taxes? Now I feel they are the party for Zimmerman and Bundy. And the party of Benghazi and no obamacare. Seriously, that isn't a party for our country, it's just politics. More and more I think we desperately need a new party that wants to do something.

Wasn't there a time when Republicans were for small government and low taxes? Now I feel they are the party for Zimmerman and Bundy. And the party of Benghazi and no obamacare. Seriously, that isn't a party for our country, it's just politics. More and more I think we desperately need a new party that wants to do something.

We're a party that values freedom of speech. DOn't like it, don't listen to it. Asshole!

I've been listening to a lot of the GOP blather on about Benghazi and how they want to repeal Obamacare, but they don't say anything else.

What about jobs? What about fixing the infrastructure of this country? What about the minimum wage?

I have yet to hear anyone from the right who is going to be running for election this year speak about anything other than those 2 subjects, and it's not so much a party platform as much as it is a mudslinging witch hunt.

If people actually vote for their best interests, they will elect Dems to control both the House and the Senate.

Want to cut down on all the money we pay people in SNAP benefits? It's simple.........raise the minimum wage to 10.10/hour, and they will no longer be eligible to draw SNAP, because they will make too much money.

Watergate was about a 3rd rate burglary. What did Nixon know and when did he know it? The left wing media even created a phantom "informant" to liven up the outrage. People died and Obama lied about Benghazi. Let's talk about jobs though. The last time I looked Hussein was still president and democrats controlled 2/3 of the federal government. What happened to the jobs in the last five years? Why are democrats distancing themselves from the ironically named "affordable health care" issue? The GOP is running on change and hope.

To repeal and defund Obamacare, continue to throw roadblocks in the president's agenda, cut Michelle all up on a daily basis and look busy generally while continuing to be the biggest do nothing congress in history.

They really haven't had a decent platform since like before Nixon maybe?

The platform of both parties is exactly the same get power, expand that power and keep it through any means necessary all other considerations especially the well being of people and the nation are secondary.

My platform is to remove enough democrats that they do not control either house and can no longer shut down legislation. You know like how Reid has done since 2010.

Then the actual bills will get up or down votes instead of being shit canned cause Reid doesn't like them.

No more free ride for Obama, he will have to veto bills and show us exactly what he wants.

You should pay more attention to the news then. It's not the Dems who are blocking legislation, it's the Reps, and it wasn't the Dems that shut down the government for 24 days, it was the Republicans.

LOL

I'd have shut it down until there absolute cuts.

We are drowning in a Sea of Debt. Current strategy is a lead weight instead of a life preserver.

Time for the Gov't to live within it's means.

Making off-shore of monies illegal.

Recall all Republican written laws and IRS rules that allow the rich and corporations to hide/defer tax.

Make corporate America pay (financially) for what they have done to the middle class. Don't worry, they'll have Trillions left.

What about the Jobs and Infrastructure of this Country? You fux have had 8 years and have not done shit with it. If the GOP simply comes to the podium and says, "We are going to do what liberals have failed to do" it will be a couple of steps up. Democrats can only run from their record and ridicule GOP in order to have a fighting chance. That is hardly a position of substance.

What about the Jobs and Infrastructure of this Country? You fux have had 8 years and have not done shit with it. If the GOP simply comes to the podium and says, "We are going to do what liberals have failed to do" it will be a couple of steps up. Democrats can only run from their record and ridicule GOP in order to have a fighting chance. That is hardly a position of substance.

It has been the failure of both parties to work together.

The GOP needs to become the party of efficacy and family values again. We need to become excited about American first policies and supporting what is good for our country.

Kick the nuts to the corner and watch as you win.

-We should value science. Science and tech is why we're so powerful!

The GOP has always been a party of efficacy, kick the middle class to the curb and promote the rich and big business.

Family values....:badgrin:

It has been the failure of both parties to work together.

Really? I'll make it easy for you. In the last 40 years, what law, bill, or rule has a Democrat written that made life hard for a middle class person?

Forum List

Back