Can anyone tell me what the GOP platform is for 2014?

I've been listening to a lot of the GOP blather on about Benghazi and how they want to repeal Obamacare, but they don't say anything else.

What about jobs? What about fixing the infrastructure of this country? What about the minimum wage?

I have yet to hear anyone from the right who is going to be running for election this year speak about anything other than those 2 subjects, and it's not so much a party platform as much as it is a mudslinging witch hunt.

If people actually vote for their best interests, they will elect Dems to control both the House and the Senate.

Want to cut down on all the money we pay people in SNAP benefits? It's simple.........raise the minimum wage to 10.10/hour, and they will no longer be eligible to draw SNAP, because they will make too much money.
yea thats all we need....one party rule....hasnt anyone learned anything as to what happens when that happens?...you have to have some kind of balance.....i just wish we had the top of the barrel people running instead of the bottom scrapings we have now....get rid of this fucking party mentality....

About 24 posts thus far into this thread and not one rightist is able to explain the GOP platform for 2014.

We can therefore only assume more of the same: obstruct, drag their feet, and undermine economic recovery for some perceived partisan gain.

And of course the social right will be hard at work seeking to deny Americans their civil liberties and expanding the size and authority of the state at the expense of citizens’ civil rights.

Some things never change.

like your partisan lefty posts......

My platform is to remove enough democrats that they do not control either house and can no longer shut down legislation. You know like how Reid has done since 2010.

Then the actual bills will get up or down votes instead of being shit canned cause Reid doesn't like them.

No more free ride for Obama, he will have to veto bills and show us exactly what he wants.
Hummmmmm...... "up or down votes ...." Hummmmmm... Exactly which party is it that uses the super majority and filibuster to kill bills in the Senate.There is only one thing wrong with your statement: THE RIGHT WING MEMBERS OF THE SENATE AND HOUSE DO NOT WANT TO PASS ANY BILLS. Filibuster records have been set by the right wingers in Congress. How do you manage to blame that on Reid? Exactly what major bills, other than the repeal of ACA, have the right pushed for? Can you name even one program they have tried to pass. When ever the House does send a bill to the Senate they make sure to put a rider in it killing ACA. The do this on purpose because they do not want the bill to pass.
"Senate Republicans on Wednesday filibustered an increase in the minimum wage, halting yet another key item on President Obama’s 2014 agenda and giving both sides talking points heading into the November elections.
Democrats, who orchestrated the vote knowing it would fail, said it proves to voters that Republicans care more about the wealthy than those struggling to get by, and also oppose helping women, who make up a large share of minimum-wage workers."
"Democrats fell five votes shy of the 60-vote threshold needed to bring the bill to the floor. Just a single Republican — Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee — voted to move ahead with the bill, and even he said it was not because he agreed with the proposal, but said he thought it worthy of debate."
Wake up. It is the members of the right that do not want to pass any bills.

GOP filibusters to stop minimum-wage hike - Washington Times

If the GOP revealed their platform today, it would be stolen by the Democrats tomorrow and praised by the slavish main stream media the day after.

Or sooner.

Wasn't there a time when Republicans were for small government and low taxes? Now I feel they are the party for Zimmerman and Bundy. And the party of Benghazi and no obamacare. Seriously, that isn't a party for our country, it's just politics. More and more I think we desperately need a new party that wants to do something.

We're a party that values freedom of speech. DOn't like it, don't listen to it. Asshole!

Don't imagine for a second that you speak of the GOP, douchebag.

If the GOP revealed their platform today, it would be stolen by the Democrats tomorrow and praised by the slavish main stream media the day after.

Or sooner.

:lol::lol::lol:

Repeal Obamacare?
The economy sucks?
Ban abortion?
Keystone?
Slash taxes on the rich?

Yea.....I can see Dems jumping all over that

Finish the job they started under Bush. That has been their goal all along and they have done a great job staying focused.

The economy ruined - check

Thousands of Americans dead from Iraq - check

further reliance on foreign oil - check

voter suppression - check

keeping millions of Americans from health care - check

cutting food stamps for poor children and disabled veterans - check

block any jobs bills - check

redistribution of wealth to the top 1% - check

move jobs to China - check

getting their ignorant base to support their debacles - double check

I think the GOP is right on track. If anyone has any information contrary to this post, please let us know.

Finish the job they started under Bush. That has been their goal all along and they have done a great job staying focused.

I think the GOP is right on track. If anyone has any information contrary to this post, please let us know.

Yes............we DID have thousands of people die because Shrub sent them into war.

Ruined economy? If that is so, then why are the rich getting richer, as well as explain why the Stock Market is over twice what it was under Jr.?

Further reliance on foreign oil? Really? Have you checked out what our exports are at this current time? I'm guessing you didn't.

Voter suppression and keeping a lot of people from getting healthcare? Sorry, but the major party trying to keep the voters from voting, and wanting to get rid of the ACA are those in the Republican party.

Cutting down on programs for those who need it (like many of those in this country who happen to be employed by Wal-Mart),

I'm still wondering why anyone who has even half a heart, or who says that they would like to defend this country continues to keep trying to tear it apart.

Nope................I'm not rich, nor do I wish to be. I live on my pension (supplied by the U.S. Government because I defended this country for over 20 years), and am happy with what I've gotten (and earned), because I'm not greedy.

Most politicians these days only go towards the money, and they don't represent me.

Yes............we DID have thousands of people die because Shrub sent them into war.

Ruined economy? If that is so, then why are the rich getting richer, as well as explain why the Stock Market is over twice what it was under Jr.?

Further reliance on foreign oil? Really? Have you checked out what our exports are at this current time? I'm guessing you didn't.

Voter suppression and keeping a lot of people from getting healthcare? Sorry, but the major party trying to keep the voters from voting, and wanting to get rid of the ACA are those in the Republican party.

Cutting down on programs for those who need it (like many of those in this country who happen to be employed by Wal-Mart),

I'm still wondering why anyone who has even half a heart, or who says that they would like to defend this country continues to keep trying to tear it apart.

Nope................I'm not rich, nor do I wish to be. I live on my pension (supplied by the U.S. Government because I defended this country for over 20 years), and am happy with what I've gotten (and earned), because I'm not greedy.

Most politicians these days only go towards the money, and they don't represent me.
They will do just as in past, block Democratic legislation while waiting for 2016. Without the presidency, they won't be able to do anything so the platform is irrelevant.

The GOP agenda is still to make Obama a one-term President. Palin/Bundy 2016!

Interesting..............many of those in the GOP have said that Obama was going to be only a one term President (or, at least they'd try to make it be so).....

Obama is now a two term President, and many of his policies (aka the ACA) are now being implemented.

Oh yeah.............there's also that stock market thing getting doubled as well as more jobs being created for the U.S.

How is that "hopey changey thing going" as the Wasilla Chihuahua turned Momma Gerbil asked?

Pretty well actually, but it would be better if we could get the money to those that deserve it, i.e. the people in the middle to lower class.

Forum List

Back