Can anyone offer a logical criticism of Glenn Beck?

um.. i just posted a link to the video. Why are you people still pretending that Beck wasn't being disingenuous?

I have nothing against you and couldn't care less if you hate beck or not haha. I just want someone to post that has watched beck, not seen clips on a comedy show, and can have a real educated discussion about whether or not beck is effective and accurate. I am doubting the possibility of such a discussion now though.

Beck is clearly both effective and accurate. He very accurately identifies the retards whose warped view of reality he wants to reinforce to sell ad space and is extremely effective at convincing those same retards to keep tuning in.

If anyone is spouting propaganda, it is you my friend. You admittedly do not watch the show, yet make comments and statements that seem to imply you know something, when in reality you just make it up. Just stop, no one respects you.

You claim to speak for everyone and I'm the one spouting nonsense? :lol:

I've seen enough to know the man is a liar. And now I've seen enough to know that you are a fool (or a charlatan).

Libs hate him b/c he is right on most, if not all, of what he discusses. It just drives them nuts, and I love that!
I've been listening to his radio shows for the better part of 10 yrs. (I know, I know.. thats why I am a hack right?)
The 1st time I heard his show, I thought to myself "wow, this guy thinks like me".

Plus, he has a wonderful staff of researchers.

Glenn Beck said this:

"That video — you're hard-pressed to see it here in America from media outlets besides Fox. Nobody seems willing to show that, leading to the question: Why?"

If he wasn't lying he was being stupid.

Propaganda or stupidity? We report, you decide.

No you retard, lying would be if Beck had said "you would not see this video in America on any other media outlet besides Fox". But he didn't say that, he said you would be "hard pressed.....". Do you even know what that phrase means? You stupid fucks can't tell when a person is expressing an opinion or stating a fact.

be hard pressed (British, American & Australian informal) also be hard pushed (British)
to be having difficulty doing something, especially because there is not enough time or money (usually + to do sth) I'll be hard pressed to get this report done by Friday. You'd be hard pushed to find a good car for under £1,000. With cuts in government funding, hospitals are hard pressed at the moment.
So in your opinion he wasn't lying he was merely spreading propaganda.

:rofl:

How's this for some lonestar "logic":

Beck said of the video "Nobody seems willing to show that..."

After virtually everybody had already shown it.

But by lonestar's lofty logical standards of reasoning, Beck's statement isn't false. :rofl:

No because 1) he was expressing his opinion. 2) To prove he was lying you would have to prove he knew of other networks running of the video. 3) You have no understanding of the word "seems". In his opinion it appeared that no other network was showing the video. That isn't a lie, it's an opinion. But you retards don't know the difference between stating a fact and stating an opinion.

But by lonestar's lofty logical standards of reasoning, Beck's statement isn't false. :rofl:

No because 1) he was expressing his opinion. 2) To prove he was lying you would have to prove he knew of other networks running of the video. 3) You have no understanding of the word "seems". In his opinion it appeared that no other network was showing the video. That isn't a lie, it's an opinion. But you retards don't know the difference between stating a fact and stating an opinion.

That's quite some mental gymnastics you got going on there.

Almost as impressive as the time you claimed laws banning interracial marriage are not racist.

Almost. :thup:

um.. i just posted a link to the video. Why are you people still pretending that Beck wasn't being disingenuous?

after watching the video, I am at disagreement with manifold's conclusion. I have two problems with the video.

1. The daily show edited the video. Beck is standing, then it cuts to him sitting. This is obviously a clever edit.

2. Beck never says that other networks are not showing the footage, he says the audience would be "hard pressed" which is not saying other stations are not showing the footage.

From this alone, this specific argument should be put to rest as clever editing and false reporting, from the self proclaimed mind you "fake news" program, the daily show.

:rolleyes:

yea. whatever dude.

Welcome to your FAIL.

Because he was stating an opinion from what he has observed and it seemed to him that no other news outlet was showing the video. His opinion may have been wrong, but it wasn't a lie.

after watching the video, I am at disagreement with manifold's conclusion. I have two problems with the video.

1. The daily show edited the video. Beck is standing, then it cuts to him sitting. This is obviously a clever edit.

2. Beck never says that other networks are not showing the footage, he says the audience would be "hard pressed" which is not saying other stations are not showing the footage.

From this alone, this specific argument should be put to rest as clever editing and false reporting, from the self proclaimed mind you "fake news" program, the daily show.

find yourself leaping in bounds to defend him, eh? sad.

ahh well. another day, another shill. ho hum.

Almost as impressive as the time you claimed laws banning interracial marriage are not racist.

red herring?

Yep, you had better change the subject b/c you have no credibilty in this one.

Beck was right.... you had to look hard and watch for many hours to see it brought up in the MSM (the floatilla footage). Once they picked up on it, they ran Isreal into the dirt.

You are just flat wrong.

find yourself leaping in bounds to defend him, eh? sad.

ahh well. another day, another shill. ho hum.

how about you refute the points. Does the video that the daily show presents show beck standing then immediately sitting down in attempt to chain together sentences or not?

Why not refute the points instead of going straight into personal attacks.

Because he was stating an opinion from what he has observed and it seemed to him that no other news outlet was showing the video. His opinion may have been wrong, but it wasn't a lie.

uh huh. you keep telling yourself that. And, just be glad that John Stewart doesn't skewer Beck's show full time or you might find yourself having to keep a quiver of bullshit excuses handy.

You should have just acknowledged his blind partisanship and moved on. Now you look like as much of a silly ass as he does.

Yep, you had better change the subject b/c you have no credibilty in this one.

Beck was right.... you had to look hard and watch for many hours to see it brought up in the MSM (the floatilla footage). Once they picked up on it, they ran Isreal into the dirt.

You are just flat wrong.

yup.. no less than six examples of other sources showing the video sure is "looking hard".

:thup:

Ok fine, for argument's sake let's say that Beck wasn't lying but was simply wrong (ftr, I disagree, but so be it).

Then my logical criticism of Beck is that he and his staff are ridiculously inept to the point where they would imply something that is completely false, that with just a tiny bit of homework they would have known was false.

Logical enough for ya? :lol:

Shogun, you are digging yourself a bit of a hole here.

Do you see the edit or not? If you do not believe it to be edited, do you believe Beck to have teleportation skills? If so, what is your basis for that?

Forum List

Back