Can anyone offer a logical criticism of Glenn Beck?

i believe it is an important question that deserves to be answered if we are to find out the truth of the matter. If you do find the actual clip, and it shows beck standing to immediately sitting down, please make it known. However, I believe I did watch that particular show and I don't remember any teleportation like the daily show ran.

being purposefully dense for the sake of plausible deniability doesn't impress me. I've posted my evidence. If you have something to offer besides tin foil excuses then go ahead and post it.

dude stop being a dick and watch it. It shows beck STANDING then immediately SITTING. like FLASH bam he is in a different position SITTING from standing. Why is it so hard for you to understand that is somewhat suspicious?

:rofl:

Like I said, if you have access to raw footage then post it. As it is, you people insisted that Beck never said what manifold stated and, now that I've posted the goddamn video, you find yourself looking for any seem in the concrete.

:lol:

I just watched it again and it's two clips being shown! So, he insinuated this TWICE! THAT is where you are grandstanding about some assumed edit job! L<OLOLOLOLOLOL

WOW. Does being such a shill make your jaws ache?

being purposefully dense for the sake of plausible deniability doesn't impress me. I've posted my evidence. If you have something to offer besides tin foil excuses then go ahead and post it.

dude stop being a dick and watch it. It shows beck STANDING then immediately SITTING. like FLASH bam he is in a different position SITTING from standing. Why is it so hard for you to understand that is somewhat suspicious?

Like I said, if you have access to raw footage then post it. As it is, you people insisted that Beck never said what manifold stated and, now that I've posted the goddamn video, you find yourself looking for any seem in the concrete.

I just watched it again and it's two clips being shown! So, he insinuated this TWICE! THAT is where you are grandstanding about some assumed edit job! L<OLOLOLOLOLOL

yeah, it is two clips that are strung together out of context...how do you know what he said before or after those sentences? Do you have any idea what "context" means?

yeah, it is two clips that are strung together out of context...how do you know what he said before or after those sentences? Do you have any idea what "context" means?

he makes the exact same insinuation in each clip individually. Seriously. FAIL.

:rolleyes:

I saw that particular show and I am willing to bet that those clips are taken out of context.

I saw that particular show and I am willing to bet that those clips are taken out of context.

well then stop boring the shit out of me and go dig up the raw footage and post them here. Your assumptions about his context, when we all already KNOW his context, is like water off of a duck's back after I posted the above video.

Been watching his show for about a month when he's on and I must say his information, especially historic analysis and parallels drawn of the past and present, he has a logical and informative show.

So, I was wondering if anyone can disprove something he has said about history or anything like that. His special on the black people who helped create the United States was particularly enlightening and very interesting. His comparisons of MLK and sharpton/jackson are also very intriguing.

So, what is the beef?

On a side note, I am an open independent thinker. I like to look up and verify information presented as much as possible from TV, magazines, newspapers, etc. With that said, thank you for any responses.
checked out a few threads you started.

:cuckoo:

I've never watched his show, but I did see a piece on the Daily Show last week that showed Beck to be a lying sack of shit.

They showed a clip from his show where he played the raw video of the Israel flotilla raid. He claimed that he (and Fox) were the only one's with the balls to air the video. And then emphatically said, why? why won't they show you this? As if it was some media conspiracy.

Then the Daily Show proceeded to show no less than a dozen examples of where the video was shown on other shows and other networks over the 24 hour period BEFORE Beck showed the video and made is fallacious claim.

Fucking hilarious.

Well then you are one stupid fuck because Beck never uttered those words. Not on his show and not in the clip you watched. I would give you the exact quote, but with your stupidity level being what it is, I don't see the point

They aired the fucking clip of Beck himself making the claim you stupid twatstick. :lol:

:eusa_whistle:

:eusa_wall: (arguing with liberty and lonestar)

Been watching his show for about a month when he's on and I must say his information, especially historic analysis and parallels drawn of the past and present, he has a logical and informative show.

So, I was wondering if anyone can disprove something he has said about history or anything like that. His special on the black people who helped create the United States was particularly enlightening and very interesting. His comparisons of MLK and sharpton/jackson are also very intriguing.

So, what is the beef?

On a side note, I am an open independent thinker. I like to look up and verify information presented as much as possible from TV, magazines, newspapers, etc. With that said, thank you for any responses.
checked out a few threads you started.

:cuckoo:

Sometimes I come on her drunk. Wanna fight about it? Also nice red herring.

lol i misspelled "here" ...ill leave it misspelled because its funny.

Last edited:
Shogun, you are digging yourself a bit of a hole here.

Do you see the edit or not? If you do not believe it to be edited, do you believe Beck to have teleportation skills? If so, what is your basis for that?

Do YOU see an edit while he's making his statement regarding who does and does not post that video?

If you don't, then you should go ahead and stop with this laughable little tangent.

seriously.

how do you know it is a sentence and not maybe a half of a sentence edited together to another sentence? Why are you so fast to trust a comedy show that is self described to be fake and inaccurate on their own website (the "about" tab)? Show me the full clip in full context and I might be more inclined to see where you are coming from.

most everything is edited. maybe you are insinuating Beck's words were cut ans spliced? Aren't you an independent minded non follower of truth? :lol:

you watch Beck and want people to believe Beck is incapable of making shit up?

I have nothing against you and couldn't care less if you hate beck or not haha. I just want someone to post that has watched beck, not seen clips on a comedy show, and can have a real educated discussion about whether or not beck is effective and accurate. I am doubting the possibility of such a discussion now though.

I've already posted a clip directly from Glennbeck:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWL-pfCao-U]YouTube - Glenn Beck analyzes fascist and communist symbolism in artwork at Rockefeller Center[/ame]

Now let's discuss whether or not Beck is effective and accurate.

I would argue that he is not "effective" or "accurate", but rather is trying to be a shock-jock and make an issue out of absolutely nothing.

That's his M.O.

DISCUSS.

I have nothing against you and couldn't care less if you hate beck or not haha. I just want someone to post that has watched beck, not seen clips on a comedy show, and can have a real educated discussion about whether or not beck is effective and accurate. I am doubting the possibility of such a discussion now though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWL-pfCao-U]YouTube - Glenn Beck analyzes fascist and communist symbolism in artwork at Rockefeller Center[/ame]

I would argue that he is not "effective" or "accurate", but rather is trying to be a shock-jock and make an issue out of absolutely nothing.

That's his M.O.

DISCUSS.

can you be more specific? Which part of the video do you have a problem with? Is drawing interesting parallels and letting the audience make up their own mind based on said parallels negative in a way? What are you getting at? You can't just post a link and say, YEP SEE! What exact words do you have a problem with?

So, what is the beef?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U]YouTube - Craig T. Nelson on Government Aid[/ame]

Glenn Beck and guest thinking "deep".

So, what is the beef?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U]YouTube - Craig T. Nelson on Government Aid[/ame]

Glenn Beck and guest thinking "deep".

....and the problem is...?

On a side note, I am an open independent thinker. I like to look up and verify information presented as much as possible from TV, magazines, newspapers, etc.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha.............

"hahahahahahahahahahahaha............" is not an argument, it is an admission of idiocy. :clap2:

hahahahahahahahaha................. :lol:

Johnny Smith: Okay, one of my visions was a little off. What are you, the Vince Lombardi of existentialism, man?

can you be more specific? Which part of the video do you have a problem with? Is drawing interesting parallels and letting the audience make up their own mind based on said parallels negative in a way? What are you getting at? You can't just post a link and say, YEP SEE! What exact words do you have a problem with?

people who mistake parallels and/or correlations for cause and effect, have usually been home schooled. have you -- been home schooled?

people who mistake parallels and/or correlations for cause and effect, have usually been home schooled. have you -- been home schooled?

public grade school, state university. Would you like to answer my question now? What exact comment or assertion or opinion do you find issue with?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWL-pfCao-U"]YouTube - Glenn Beck analyzes fascist and communist symbolism in artwork at Rockefeller Center[/ame]

That's his M.O.

DISCUSS.

I have problems with the entire thing. Basically, Glennbeck has the ability to draw parallels between ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING and his agenda...and then you have mindless drones who take his word like God.

A perfect example of a Glennbeck drone can be seen here:

Fox&#39;s Doocy learns the hazards of not vetting guests | Media Matters for America

Well, I guess they're afraid of the power of our passion and our numbers and, you know, you might not say Communist, but I watch Glenn Beck and he's taught me well. Progressive is the new word for Communist, but it's the same goal as government control of everything and it's very obvious that Obama is trying to do that.

Forum List

Back