Can anyone offer a logical criticism of Glenn Beck?

Ok, so you are the type of person who would rather be told what to think instead of how to think? Not trying to be mean, I am trying to understand how one comes to a conclusion and decides to make an opinion based off of a satire program on a comedy channel.
I find that to be kind of....sad.

Obviously Beck tells you what to think and you listen. But on some level this bothers even you so now you are projecting. I'm not trying to be mean, I am just trying to understand how one comes to a conclusion and decides to make an opinion based of a show hosted by a proven liar and charlatan.

You do realize that an intelligent person uses logic and reason to try to break an argument, and that personal attacks are a fallacy and discredits the one using it right? What makes you think that a satire show on a comedy channel deserves more credit than intellectual and analytical thought?

Blah blah blibidy fucking blah.

You asked for logical criticism of Beck.

What is a more logical criticism than the guy flat out fucking lies?

You fail! Enjoy knowing that. :thup:

Obviously Beck tells you what to think and you listen. But on some level this bothers even you so now you are projecting. I'm not trying to be mean, I am just trying to understand how one comes to a conclusion and decides to make an opinion based of a show hosted by a proven liar and charlatan.

You do realize that an intelligent person uses logic and reason to try to break an argument, and that personal attacks are a fallacy and discredits the one using it right? What makes you think that a satire show on a comedy channel deserves more credit than intellectual and analytical thought?

wut, glenn beck is NOT satire?

Personally, I don't consider it to be. Sure, beck is sarcastic sometimes but I don't see the harm in that or his overall show.

You cite a comedy channel show and take it as truth, even while you admit you have never seen the show and thus can not formulate an independent thought or opinion on the matter. That alone makes it known to anyone with half a brain that your opinion is null.

This was a great example of Glennbeck's logic.

YouTube - Glenn Beck analyzes fascist and communist symbolism in artwork at Rockefeller Center

I can't critique it because it makes absolutely no sense...so I just laugh and shake my head.

So I take it you were the type of kid in school that got angry at the teacher for your own learning problems?

Ad hominem.

Simple question. Attacking the messenger because he does not understand the message is not a logical point of argument.

So I take it you were the type of kid in school that got angry at the teacher for your own learning problems?

Ad hominem.

Simple question. Attacking the messenger because he does not understand the message is not a logical point of argument.

You do realize that an intelligent person uses logic and reason to try to break an argument, and that personal attacks are a fallacy and discredits the one using it right?

Thank you for discrediting yourself.

wut, glenn beck is NOT satire?

Personally, I don't consider it to be. Sure, beck is sarcastic sometimes but I don't see the harm in that or his overall show.

you are DOOMED!:lol:

Ad hominem.

You do realize that an intelligent person uses logic and reason to try to break an argument, and that personal attacks are a fallacy and discredits the one using it right?

I never called you a name, I asked a simple question that you have not answered based on what YOU said. That is not ad hominem and was not meant as an insult but as a simple question. If you take a simple question the wrong way, then that is your problem, not mine.

You cite a comedy channel show and take it as truth, even while you admit you have never seen the show and thus can not formulate an independent thought or opinion on the matter. That alone makes it known to anyone with half a brain that your opinion is null.

What part of "I saw the clip of his show" escapes your mental grasp? That fact that I saw it on another show is... let me be perfectly clear... completely fucking irrelevant.

I repeat, my logical criticism of Beck is that he flat out lies. Refute that if you can.

What part of "I saw the clip of his show" escapes your mental grasp? That fact that I saw it on another show is... let me be perfectly clear... completely fucking irrelevant.

I repeat, my logical criticism of Beck is that he flat out lies. Refute that if you can.

Are you implying that the daily show is accurate and faithful news broadcasting?

I'm not implying anything.

I'm stating unequivically that Glenn Beck flat out lies on his show.

If you don't believe that it's logical to be critical of him for lying then go on with your bad self. :lol:

If you don't believe that it's logical to be critical of him for lying then go on with your bad self. :lol:

Do you have undeniable proof of your claim then? Seeing a clip on a tv show should not be enough to persuade you. Did you find the clips yourself? Perhaps TiVo, to prove it? How do you know with such unwavering certainty that the daily show didn't edit certain bits of the show to make it look a way to get a laugh out of you? I was looking at the daily show website and on their "about" tab it self proclaims the show as "fake news" and "unburdened by objectivity, journalistic integrity or even accuracy."

If PROVEN beyond a shadow of a doubt, and in full context, what you are saying is true, I will admit that maybe glenn stretched the truth or even lied. by citing a comedy channel show and expecting an independent thinker such as myself to take it as gospel is asking for the impossible. Perhaps more evidence for your claim should be presented, maybe from a source that does not define itself as "fake", for starters.

As a regular viewer of the beck program, I am more focused on his arguments and evidence, and not his attacks on other networks, as that does not concern me or add to any intellectual growth. So, I will criticize him for that. The accuracy however of his claims is debatable as you have shown, but not proven one way or another. Personally however, while watching his show, it is his main arguments and points about history that keep me coming back.

Last edited:
Glenn Beck said this:

"That video — you're hard-pressed to see it here in America from media outlets besides Fox. Nobody seems willing to show that, leading to the question: Why?"

If he wasn't lying he was being stupid.

Propaganda or stupidity? We report, you decide.

i have never watched more that a minute or two; i wasn't impressed.

Hm....you remind me of a person that I knew that said she hated star wars because of the floating letters in space, and turned it off after that.

I never called you a name, I asked a simple question that you have not answered based on what YOU said. That is not ad hominem and was not meant as an insult but as a simple question. If you take a simple question the wrong way, then that is your problem, not mine.

Okay. I will answer your question (which actually had absolutely nothing to do with what I had said in my post)

I have no learning problems.

Hm....you remind me of a person that I knew that said she hated star wars because of the floating letters in space, and turned it off after that.

and i'm sure her life was much the poorer for it.

there's a (logical) reason why they make chocolate and vanilla, see if you can suss it out.

Do you have undeniable proof of your claim then? Seeing a clip on a tv show should not be enough to persuade you. Did you find the clips yourself? Perhaps TiVo, to prove it? How do you know with such unwavering certainty that the daily show didn't edit certain bits of the show to make it look a way to get a laugh out of you? I was looking at the daily show website and on their "about" tab it self proclaims the show as "fake news" and "unburdened by objectivity, journalistic integrity or even accuracy."

If PROVEN beyond a shadow of a doubt, and in full context, what you are saying is true, I will admit that maybe glenn stretched the truth or even lied. by citing a comedy channel show and expecting an independent thinker such as myself to take it as gospel is asking for the impossible. Perhaps more evidence for your claim should be presented, maybe from a source that does not define itself as "fake", for starters.

As a regular viewer of the beck program, I am more focused on his arguments and evidence, and not his attacks on other networks, as that does not concern me or add to any intellectual growth. So, I will criticize him for that. The accuracy however of his claims is debatable as you have shown, but not proven one way or another. Personally however, while watching his show, it is his main arguments and points about history that keep me coming back.

Google is your friend.

But I understand your reluctance to learn the truth about your hero. :lol:

and i'm sure her life was much the poorer for it.

there's a (logical) reason why they make chocolate and vanilla, see if you can suss it out.

Yeah there is. A person who has never tasted chocolate or vanilla, but then tastes one and only one, can not logically hate the other without trying that as well.

I've never watched his show, but I did see a piece on the Daily Show last week that showed Beck to be a lying sack of shit.

They showed a clip from his show where he played the raw video of the Israel flotilla raid. He claimed that he (and Fox) were the only one's with the balls to air the video. And then emphatically said, why? why won't they show you this? As if it was some media conspiracy.

Then the Daily Show proceeded to show no less than a dozen examples of where the video was shown on other shows and other networks over the 24 hour period BEFORE Beck showed the video and made is fallacious claim.

Fucking hilarious.

Well then you are one stupid fuck because Beck never uttered those words. Not on his show and not in the clip you watched. I would give you the exact quote, but with your stupidity level being what it is, I don't see the point

:rofl:

They aired the fucking clip of Beck himself making the claim you stupid twatstick. :lol:

Then you are stupid fuck because Beck never said that. "

Nine peace activists from the freedom flotilla were killed. Peace activists, humanitarian flotilla — give aid to the embattled Palestinians, the Gaza Strip, right? Yes. Man, look at those peace activists. They are good with a metal pipe, aren't they? Peaceful ship.

This is probably all you've gotten from the mainstream media. Turn on any media outlet — other than this one — they're not going to show you this."

Now for you intellectually deficient fucks, explain where he was wrong. Show me one program on any other media outlet that has made the claim that Beck has other than this being an "aid organization, are they just a group of caring, sympathetic do-gooders that see the plight of the poor Gazans and want to get food and humanitarian aid to them".

I doubt you find one and that would make Beck's assessment accurate.

'Glenn Beck': What Is the Free Gaza Movement? - Glenn Beck - FOXNews.com

You idiots hear a few seconds of a video clip and form your opinions, that's why all you fucks are total retards.

Forum List

Back