Can any of you explain to me why some Americans care about the Royal Family?

I remember growing up Americans didn't give two shytes about them, at least not on the TV shows, news, talk shows that I watched. I'm confused why Americans seem to care, are their donations to networks working? lol.

I'm Canadian and I am supposed to care, yet, I find them to be as ridiculous as the Kardashians or Honey Boo Boo.

Nothing against them personally, they were born into this scheme, and they are good for tourism. As a principle though, I have no need for elitism simply by birthright

Hell I can't figure why anyone anywhere gives a shit about them. They don't do anything useful so are just parasitic leeches on Britian. The Brits are obviously friggin nuts for hanging on to that monarchy bullshit. Same thing goes for any other nation hanging on to that stupidity.

I never understood the media freak out when the princess died in the car accident.
Especially when you consider it was caused by their own in the form of the paparazzi.
Always fucken hypocrits .

I remember growing up Americans didn't give two shytes about them, at least not on the TV shows, news, talk shows that I watched. I'm confused why Americans seem to care, are their donations to networks working? lol.

I'm Canadian and I am supposed to care, yet, I find them to be as ridiculous as the Kardashians or Honey Boo Boo.

Nothing against them personally, they were born into this scheme, and they are good for tourism. As a principle though, I have no need for elitism simply by birthright

Hell I can't figure why anyone anywhere gives a shit about them. They don't do anything useful so are just parasitic leeches on Britian. The Brits are obviously friggin nuts for hanging on to that monarchy bullshit. Same thing goes for any other nation hanging on to that stupidity.

We have a Monarchy in Canada, they are called the covert apparatus and their family members. All the low performers sneak their way into the system, either overtly via government, or they destroy our economy by operating covertly in the private sector as "managers".

These low performers interfering in our economy are the main reason why America gained another 144k jobs in Dec, while Canada is getting crushed.

Last edited:
Royalty is a lot like having pets

There really is no logical reason for having them but they are warm and cuddly and nice to have around

Royalty is a lot like having pets

There really is no logical reason for having them but they are warm and cuddly and nice to have around

Right. :21:

620x349

Harry has done nothing worth respect. He always wanted to rebel against his family and picked the worst way.

We have a Monarchy in Canada, they are called the covert apparatus and their family members. All the low performers sneak their way into the system, either overtly via government, or they destroy our economy by operating covertly in the private sector as "managers".

These low performers interfering in our economy are the main reason why America gained another 144k jobs in Dec, while Canada is getting crushed.

What you have in Canada is freezing weather in winter and way too many sketters in the summer.

IMG_2486.jpg

There are people in many foreign nations who still will speak of Britain from their time of global dominance. Others may call Britain the UK(you kay). So the royal family is part of it. For us it seems the political class for many decades keeps telling us about our special relationship with them. Like we are tied together. Except when we talk about the Revolutionary War. Which was against them.

Harry has done nothing worth respect. He always wanted to rebel against his family and picked the worst way.
Harry is a regular guy
Fought in Afghanistan, drank beer with his mates, didn’t get all worked up in being a Prince

Harry is a regular guy
Fought in Afghanistan, drank beer with his mates, didn’t get all worked up in being a Prince
Harry has always poked a stick in his family's eye. He dressed as a Nazi officer for a party, had a whore filled booze and cocaine party in Las Vegas. He never liked his family except for his brother. Then he married a genuine American professional victim. That took even his brother.

Harry is a regular guy
Harry has always poked a stick in his family's eye. He dressed as a Nazi officer for a party, had a whore filled booze and cocaine party in Las Vegas. He never liked his family except for his brother. Then he married a genuine American professional victim. That took even his brother.

The costume party was stupid. As we have seen in the news over the last year, many have done something similarly stupid in their youth. The Vegas thing? Really? The hookers need a week off after a Baptist convention. Lots of people do exactly the same thing in Vegas. So do I hold Harry to an impossibly high standard because he is/was a royal when he and his military mates went to Vegas? Or do I shrug and say Vegas Baby?

If you don’t like his choice for wife, don’t marry her.

It is a curious fact. In one breath people declare the Royals are no better than everyone else. In the very next people denounce the Royals for being no different than everyone else.

Harry is a regular guy

The costume party was stupid. As we have seen in the news over the last year, many have done something similarly stupid in their youth. The Vegas thing? Really? The hookers need a week off after a Baptist convention. Lots of people do exactly the same thing in Vegas. So do I hold Harry to an impossibly high standard because he is/was a royal when he and his military mates went to Vegas? Or do I shrug and say Vegas Baby?

It is a curious fact. In one breath people declare the Royals are no better than everyone else. In the very next people denounce the Royals for being no different than everyone else.

The entire upbringing of the Royal family is supposed to be different from the similarly stupid so that they don't do the same stupid shit. Harry however always seemed more calculated. He intended to hurt and humiliate his family. This includes his choice of a wife. It was a stick in the eye of the monarchy. He just miscalculated on how disagreeable a professional victim can be.

The royal family is an anachronism. I can't believe they are that good for tourism.
Parliament can strip them of most of their remaining power whenever they wish.
It is only pure nostalgia that keeps them around.

Harry is a regular guy

The entire upbringing of the Royal family is supposed to be different from the similarly stupid so that they don't do the same stupid shit. Harry however always seemed more calculated. He intended to hurt and humiliate his family. This includes his choice of a wife. It was a stick in the eye of the monarchy. He just miscalculated on how disagreeable a professional victim can be.

Oh nonsense. Harry has made some mistakes. We all have. But he has also done the right thing more than once.

First openly gay solider says Prince Harry saved him from homophobic bullies

Harry has shown leadership in the Military. It is public life where he is sometimes coming up a little short. Yet I ask the same question again. Name political leaders in our nation who send their children into the service. When will we see the Bush Girls, or the Obama Girls, or the Trumps headed to the Recruiters?

How many times have we started running around like our hair was on fire because the Obama girls or Bush Girls were daring to drink underage? Actions easily found on every College Campus in the nation. Oh no. Get the cops. They broke the law.

I will give Harry respect. He went to war three times. I wish him the best. Growing up in a spotlight could not have been easy. As for his stupid mistakes, if that is the worst he has done, then he is better than 90% of the rest of us.

The royal family is an anachronism. I can't believe they are that good for tourism.
Parliament can strip them of most of their remaining power whenever they wish.
It is only pure nostalgia that keeps them around.

Don’t see what they add to the government or country

Forum List

Back