Can any of you explain to me why some Americans care about the Royal Family?

It's probably just that the media has this crying need for copy, 24/7/365. They've got to write about SOMEthing.

THIS ^^,

Thing is though, the media wouldn't be scraping the bottom of these barrels if it didn't pay to do so.

Why do people watch naked people stranded on an island forced to eat bugs? Or onstage paternity tests among people they don't know? Or fake wrestling? All of these come to the same answer, and it's got to do with hypnosis.

Last edited:
It's mostly the women and a few gays with the media itself completely obsessed.

It's probably just that the media has this crying need for copy, 24/7/365. They've got to write about SOMEthing. I've never heard American women talking about the British royals ever.

I honestly don't blame them. They have been born into this show, and their attitudes towards other has been regressive through generations of the same treatment and God like treatment. Just as I try and understand the poor single mother or her poor child born into the world, the super wealthy have a similar circumstance, it just happens to be on the other side of the spectrum.

Regardless, I find they are National Enquirer stuff. I'm glad Harry thumbs his nose at them. He at least can go out in the world with some level of respect, even if I will probably mock them and disagree with many of their "progressive" decisions. If they are free citizens, whatever.

Note: Even Tucker and now Hannity is covering it. I bet you Laura will too. LOL. Why?!

No idea, but I'd be more concerned if I were you that you're referring to Fox Noise talking heads on a first-name-only basis.
Hannity is a LAST name, ya knucklehead.

Seriously? I can't name a single one of the royal family off the top of my head. Maybe Queen Elizabeth, but only because she was named after a boat.

I like boats.

Exactly! :thup:

Only Queen Elizabeth ...because of the history and all that.

the rest of the so called royals are ........... @#$%^&&*

Seriously? I can't name a single one of the royal family off the top of my head. Maybe Queen Elizabeth, but only because she was named after a boat.

I like boats.

Exactly! :thup:

Only Queen Elizabeth ...because of the history and all that.

the rest of the so called royals are ........... @#$%^&&*

Most of them are a bunch of inbred wankers. The only way British royalty can keep from breeding morons is to bring new blood into the line, as they did with Megan. Otherwise the whole lot of them would be as dumb as the Amish.

How can anyone not admire the Royals?

upload_2020-1-9_22-24-14.jpeg

I remember growing up Americans didn't give two shytes about them, at least not on the TV shows, news, talk shows that I watched. I'm confused why Americans seem to care, are their donations to networks working? lol.

I'm Canadian and I am supposed to care, yet, I find them to be as ridiculous as the Kardashians or Honey Boo Boo.

Nothing against them personally, they were born into this scheme, and they are good for tourism. As a principle though, I have no need for elitism simply by birthright

Who?

Left wingers ,gays and blacks are Big time celebrity and star fuckers ...they cant get enough

Sexist as it is, I think every little girl dreams of being a princess.

I don't follow them but I'm an old codger who remembers history and for that, I have great respect. King George and the Queen showed immense courage during WW-II. They refused to leave Buckingham Palace in spite of the intense bombing of the city all during the war. King George was a strong supporter of Winston Churchill. The King, and separately, Winston Churchill would walk the streets of London showing support for the citizens and being an immense morale builder. The King also visited British troops in some of the most dangerous locations.

The British people love them along with the pomp and circumstance. That's all that really matters!

I am personally interested in the Japanese royal family.

Sickened by the toxic American political scene, I find consolation in watching YouTube videos of the Emperor and Empress being so respectfully received by both commoners and officials.

It is so refreshing to see everybody bowing courteously to one another.

I do not find the English royal family interesting, and I agree the Duke and the Duchess are acting like petulant spoiled children. Poor Queen Elizabeth II. Those two are being so disrespectful of her -- and at her advanced age!

I remember growing up Americans didn't give two shytes about them, at least not on the TV shows, news, talk shows that I watched. I'm confused why Americans seem to care, are their donations to networks working? lol.

I'm Canadian and I am supposed to care, yet, I find them to be as ridiculous as the Kardashians or Honey Boo Boo.

Nothing against them personally, they were born into this scheme, and they are good for tourism. As a principle though, I have no need for elitism simply by birthright
Every time I see Duchess Megan she strikes me as someone who should be pole dancing. Seems low rent. Married Princess Di’s bastard son. Other than that I have no other observations on the Royals. The tradition is a pretty good thing.

It's mostly the women and a few gays with the media itself completely obsessed.

It's probably just that the media has this crying need for copy, 24/7/365. They've got to write about SOMEthing. I've never heard American women talking about the British royals ever.
I know American women that stayed up all night watching Di's wedding to the wooden nutcracker.

Some are still intrigued.

Don't know any men that care.

My wife is a fan of Dick Francis a British detective fiction writer, now deceased.

He was once a jockey for the Queen Mother.

I read a few of his works, and found them entertaining and oddly educational.

IN some of his books there is an interesting look at class in England from a sympathetic view point, and overall, they are now very interesting period pieces, looking back at the 60s and 70s, at least the earlier books.

Dick Francis - Wikipedia

Richard Stanley Francis CBE FRSL (31 October 1920 – 14 February 2010) was a British[1] crime writer, and former steeplechase jockey, whose novels centre on horse racing in England.

After wartime service in the RAF, Francis became a full-time jump-jockey, winning over 350 races and becoming champion jockey of the British National Hunt. He came to further prominence in 1956 as jockey to Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, riding her horse Devon Loch which fell when close to winning the Grand National. Francis retired from the turf and became a journalist and novelist.

All his novels deal with crime in the horse-racing world, with some of the criminals being outwardly respectable figures. The stories are narrated by one of the main characters, often a jockey, but sometimes a trainer, an owner, a bookie, or someone in a different profession, peripherally linked to racing. This person is always facing great obstacles, often including physical injury, from which he must fight back with determination. More than forty of these novels became international best-sellers.

My wife is a fan of Dick Francis a British detective fiction writer, now deceased.

He was once a jockey for the Queen Mother.

I read a few of his works, and found them entertaining and oddly educational.
I

Yes, he's the best. I have all his novels in hard copy. His son Felix took over the family business, but he's just not as good a writer. Guess it's time to read "Proof" again, one of his best and my favorite.

The Windsors, or whatever their real name, are the most dysfunctional family on the planet. Next to the Kennedys and Clintons of course.

I think many in America like the ongoing real life soap opera....And since our founding has such close ties to England, we will always follow those events.

Speaking for myself, I have a lot more respect for the Royal’s than I do pretty much any of our political leaders. Let’s take Harry for a moment shall we?

He graduated from Sandhurst. That is the British equivalent of West Point. Even if you argue he had an easy time since he was Royalty, it wasn’t easy, not like going to a Party School and calling it College.

Then he went into Tanks, and learned to run a Challenger Tank. Harry deployed to Afghanistan, and fought there. Then he went to flight training, and after passing that, again if you say it was easy, he still had to fly the damned Choppers. Anyway, he went back to Afghanistan twice more. Three tours in Afghanistan. Three tours of putting it on the line for his Country. That is better than 99% of the kids of our political leaders, with the possible exception of Biden’s son, who was in before 9-11.

Patriotic? Sure. Expected, you bet. But he could have asked for a Naval career and gotten the safer of the jobs. Nope, he went for as much danger and risk to himself as possible.

Now, we can go and talk about William. Obviously as heir to the throne he was never going to be allowed to go to Afghanistan with the Military. It was just too risky. So he went with the equivalent of their Coast Guard. Flying rescue choppers in the North Sea. The flying there is dangerous, and difficult. But he did it. He deployed to the Falkland Islands, where the Argentinian’s still have desires of taking the territory.

Now, you may think that the Royals are merely Kardashian style famous for being famous. There is an element of truth, but they are more.

You haven’t seen the Bush girls heading to the local Recruiters office. Nor Obama’s kids. Trump’s kids are not about to join the Military. Yet both William and Harry joined, risking their lives to serve their nation. Does that mean they deserve the attention, and prestige? Perhaps not, but it is what they do with that position that matters.

Was he being kept safe? He was no safer than anyone else on that base, or in those Helicopters. And while the Apache is a wonderful bird it has been shot down more than once in the past.

Imagine the briefing that Harry got in that situation. You will be tortured. You will be treated especially bad if you are captured. Much worse than the others, because of who you are.

Wouldn’t it have been a lot easier to avoid it all and just say no to the service? Harry said yes, taking the risks, three times.

So they aren’t just the Kardashian’s. They aren’t just a sad old joke that needs to be eliminated. They are fiercely patriotic, and willing to assume the risks that goes with it. Something our own Political Masters in Washington, never do. They want you to take the risks. You the unimportant masses. They don’t risk their own kids. They risk yours.

Forum List

Back