Can any of you explain to me why some Americans care about the Royal Family?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I remember growing up Americans didn't give two shytes about them, at least not on the TV shows, news, talk shows that I watched. I'm confused why Americans seem to care, are their donations to networks working? lol.

I'm Canadian and I am supposed to care, yet, I find them to be as ridiculous as the Kardashians or Honey Boo Boo.

Nothing against them personally, they were born into this scheme, and they are good for tourism. As a principle though, I have no need for elitism simply by birthright

Last edited:
It's mostly the women and a few gays with the media itself completely obsessed.

Otherwise most Americans couldn't really give a shit about them.

I have no clue, I'm one of those Americans who doesn't give 2 shytes for British Royalty. It looks like people playing dress up on a grand scale. They should wear powdered wigs and clown makeup, at least that would be funny.

I was kind of hoping that when Meghan popped out the new royal that it came out black as black could be.

It's probably just that the media has this crying need for copy, 24/7/365. They've got to write about SOMEthing. I've never heard American women talking about the British royals ever.

prince_harry.bmp

It's probably just that the media has this crying need for copy, 24/7/365. They've got to write about SOMEthing. I've never heard American women talking about the British royals ever.

I honestly don't blame them. They have been born into this show, and their attitudes towards other has been regressive through generations of the same treatment and God like treatment. Just as I try and understand the poor single mother or her poor child born into the world, the super wealthy have a similar circumstance, it just happens to be on the other side of the spectrum.

Regardless, I find they are National Enquirer stuff. I'm glad Harry thumbs his nose at them. He at least can go out in the world with some level of respect, even if I will probably mock them and disagree with many of their "progressive" decisions. If they are free citizens, whatever.

Note: Even Tucker and now Hannity is covering it. I bet you Laura will too. LOL. Why?!

Seriously? I can't name a single one of the royal family off the top of my head. Maybe Queen Elizabeth, but only because she was named after a boat.

I like boats.

I remember growing up Americans didn't give two shytes about them, at least not on the TV shows, news, talk shows that I watched. I'm confused why Americans seem to care, are their donations to networks working? lol.

I'm Canadian and I am supposed to care, yet, I find them to be as ridiculous as the Kardashians or Honey Boo Boo.

Nothing against them personally, they were born into this scheme, and they are good for tourism. As a principle though, I have no need for elitism simply by birthright
I couldn't care LESS about them. But I do appreciate Queen Liz 2's longevity and stamina. It's almost as if she wants to outlive Charles and prevent him from being King.

We have been watching ...The Crown

No idea what they say and do has no impact on my life there has always been celebrity obession but the older I get the less I care about the lives of the rich and famous.

Yeah I don't know anyone who cares either. :dunno:

I had a GF whose... grandfather, uncle or somebody in the family .... had an out-of-body experience where he travelled to Elizabeth's coronation in 1953 and proceeded to describe all manner of details about it that he couldn't possibly have known any other way. And they're not even British. That was interesting.

I honestly don't blame them. They have been born into this show, and their attitudes towards other has been regressive through generations of the same treatment and God like treatment. Just as I try and understand the poor single mother or her poor child born into the world, the super wealthy have a similar circumstance, it just happens to be on the other side of the spectrum.

Regardless, I find they are National Enquirer stuff. I'm glad Harry thumbs his nose at them. He at least can go out in the world with some level of respect, even if I will probably mock them and disagree with many of their "progressive" decisions. If they are free citizens, whatever.

Note: Even Tucker and now Hannity is covering it. I bet you Laura will too. LOL. Why?!

No idea, but I'd be more concerned if I were you that you're referring to Fox Noise talking heads on a first-name-only basis.

The Royals are like the Kardashians. They create interest by being dysfunctional.

No idea, but I'd be more concerned if I were you that you're referring to Fox Noise talking heads on a first-name-only basis.

Meh, we're good like that.

Forum List

Back