Can an individual state "ban" a federal law-enforcement agency from operating in their state?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
As a continuance of the shut-down thread about the Idaho GOP legislature wanting to ban the FBI from operating in their state, I'll post this question:

Can an individual state "ban" a federal agency from operating in their state?

"BREAKING: Idaho GOP has voted to abolish the FBI and ban them from the state if it is deemed they cannot be reformed."

Now let's look at two examples where this has already occurred:

1. Oregon:

"Under Oregon’s sanctuary laws, county and law enforcement officials are prohibited from providing ICE with non-public information about criminal aliens necessary for federal law enforcement, including the release dates of those criminal aliens from local jails. In addition, Oregon law enforcement does not honor immigration detainers due to Oregon court rulings."

ICE serves 5 immigration subpoenas in Oregon for criminal alien information from local law enforcement

2. States which ignore the Drug Enforcement Agency and federal laws on the use, possession, and sale of marijuana, a Schedule I controlled substance:

MARIJUANA LEGALITY BY STATE

As a continuance of the shut-down thread about the Idaho GOP legislature wanting to ban the FBI from operating in their state, I'll post this question:

"BREAKING: Idaho GOP has voted to abolish the FBI and ban them from the state if it is deemed they cannot be reformed."

1. Oregon:

"Under Oregon’s sanctuary laws, county and law enforcement officials are prohibited from providing ICE with non-public information about criminal aliens necessary for federal law enforcement, including the release dates of those criminal aliens from local jails. In addition, Oregon law enforcement does not honor immigration detainers due to Oregon court rulings."

ICE serves 5 immigration subpoenas in Oregon for criminal alien information from local law enforcement

2. States which ignore the Drug Enforcement Agency and federal laws on the use, possession, and sale of marijuana, a Schedule I controlled substance:

First off, if an agency is to collect federal immigration information they have to be certified by the feds to do as such because immigration is a federal area of operation, not a state's.

1. Oregon:

The short answer is no, but the long answer is they can make it more expensive or difficult.

No, they can't stop anyone from freedom of movement.

Nope. The only rights immigrants are allowed are the right to due process, legal council, and the right against unreasonable searches and seizures. The fact that they are tagged and given a hearing date when they enter this country, means that they can't just go anywhere they want to.

Although most of them blow off their hearings, and just disappear..

First off, if an agency is to collect federal immigration information they have to be certified by the feds to do as such because immigration is a federal area of operation, not a state's.

What you typed makes no sense at all. Did you not understand that some states are refusing to comply with federal immigration agencies?

1. Oregon:

Even the dumbass sanctuary cities do not prevent Federal Enforcement by Federal people on the ground. They just do not cooperate or feed the Feds information, which is bad enough.

No, they can't stop anyone from freedom of movement.
The Feds can arrest illegal aliens anywhere the Feds find them in side our country. I think they have disappeared a few outside the country as well, for that matter.

What you typed makes no sense at all. Did you not understand that some states are refusing to comply with federal immigration agencies?
I say bless 'em for making the precedent. "Sanctuaries" are popping up in counties all over the nation to protect 2A.

If they do manage to ban the FBI from their state, they are basically banning the federal gov't.

So no more federal funding for anything.

If they do manage to ban the FBI from their state, they are basically banning the federal gov't.

So no more federal funding for anything.
It certainly would not hurt my feelings.

Forum List

Back