Calm act

CALM Act

• Total voters
Cuyo, I won't behave disagreeable here but could you justify spending Tax-payer money to watch-dog said new regulation.................as opposed to just turning your TV down, especially with our Debt being the way it is?
It's what the people want. It has been the #1 complaint to the FCC for the last 50 years, as I already posted.

That is reason enough.

Cuyo, I won't behave disagreeable here but could you justify spending Tax-payer money to watch-dog said new regulation.................as opposed to just turning your TV down, especially with our Debt being the way it is?

How is taxpayer money going to be affected? This is an FCC regulation, not a spending bill.

Adding Regulations costs money in several ways.

-overseeing that the regulation is met
-debating/voting for it costs money
-providers have to spend money on the part

I don't see how people don't feel like bitches for not just adjusting their volume controls themselves.

It's what the people want. It has been the #1 complaint to the FCC for the last 50 years, as I already posted.

That is reason enough.

Not in my opinion, it isn't. I think it's too silver-spoon, to a point of ridiculousness.

How is taxpayer money going to be affected? This is an FCC regulation, not a spending bill.

I don't see how people don't feel like bitches for not just adjusting their volume controls themselves.

How much per person will this one cost? I'd be happy to donate 10 bucks. But my guess is it's closer to a fraction of a penny per person.

I've decided to boycott any company who has a loud commercial selling stuff that I don't want.

How much per person will this one cost? I'd be happy to donate 10 bucks. But my guess is it's closer to a fraction of a penny per person.

I have no clue, but I'm not willing to give a one thousandth of a penny to something that I feel is beyond the "holy fucking shit" threshold of being lazy.

I have no clue, but I'm not willing to give a one thousandth of a penny to something that I feel is beyond the "holy fucking shit" threshold of being lazy.

Write your congressman.

But just to clarify, we're not talking about something that can be rectified simply by "Adjusting the volume." We're talking about low volume on programming, followed by noticeably louder volume on the commercials. Unless you can predict the moment such a commercial is going to come on, you can't adjust it for every commercial.

Plus, it's an obnoxious practice used by advertisers and shouldn't have been allowed in the first place. IMO.

Write your congressman.

But just to clarify, we're not talking about something that can be rectified simply by "Adjusting the volume." We're talking about low volume on programming, followed by noticeably louder volume on the commercials. Unless you can predict the moment such a commercial is going to come on, you can't adjust it for every commercial.

Plus, it's an obnoxious practice used by advertisers and shouldn't have been allowed in the first place. IMO.

It doesn't matter if you can predict it or not, when it appears too loud, you click the down button for christ's sakes.

I've decided to boycott any company who has a loud commercial selling stuff that I don't want.

This is a more reasonable approach.

I'm pretty sure he was being tongue-in-cheek there, GT.

Actually, it's true. I generally have always boycotted all companies that are not courteous enough to sell me things that I want and/or need at prices that I like. I will just extrapolate my personal policies to the loud companies.

Well people when you increase the size of the government like this administration has done - this is the kind of horseshit you can expect.

My solution to the problem...use a DVR.

Write your congressman.

It doesn't matter if you can predict it or not, when it appears too loud, you click the down button for christ's sakes.

Or you just say "Hey assholes, that's annoying, can't do that no more."

The only time it annoys me is when I'm drifting off to sleep. I've had lifelong trouble sleeping, and background noise helps, god bless the guy who invented the sleep timer. So as I'm drifting off, BAM "COME IN! DOUBLE VALUE FOR YOUR TRADE! THIS THURSDAY ONLY!"

Other than that, and this thread, it's not even something I've thought about during my life.

And like I said, I didn't propose the bill nor would I most likely if I were a lawmaker... But since it's on the table, hey what the hell? Nothing wrong with standardizing broadcast volumes.

That's baloney. The FCC is an agency, and it gets annual funding, period, within which to work. It doesn't ask for MORE money with every new regulation it imposes. As for "debates," the Congress likewise is paid salaries to work and it doesn't matter what they're working on.

This is a more reasonable approach.

Actually, it's true. I generally have always boycotted all companies that are not courteous enough to sell me things that I want and/or need at prices that I like. I will just extrapolate my personal policies to the loud companies.

That's a good policy! I just hate when the bastards trick my relatives. "Great Christmas gift!" Yeah, first season of One Tree Hill on VHS. Thanks. :lol:

I wish I could understand someone being that lazy that they'd make a rule like this. I just can't.

I wish I could understand someone being that lazy that they'd make a rule like this. I just can't.

It's not about "laziness," and you're being slightly indignant by continually describing it that way. It's about tolerance of a nuisance.

That's a good policy! I just hate when the bastards trick my relatives. "Great Christmas gift!" Yeah, first season of One Tree Hill on VHS. Thanks. :lol:

I would like to see Congress pass a law prohibiting the sale of crap.

Or better yet, not making SELLING crap illegal, but making PURCHASE of crap illegal.

I would like to see Congress pass a law prohibiting the sale of crap.

Or better yet, not making SELLING crap illegal, but making PURCHASE of crap illegal.

I was more along the lines of a "Crap tax," but you're thinkin'. I like that.

Forum List

Back