Calling Obama supporters

skylerblue30

Country Girl
Dec 23, 2009
Tx
I would just like to hear from those that think Obama is doing a good job and name some things that he has done that has actually helped the country or that we can see will be good for us in the future. He has been in office about a year so there should be something.......

(sprays Lysol air freshener)
Y'all can come back now....
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg[/ame]

I would just like to hear from those that think Obama is doing a good job and name some things that he has done that has actually helped the country or that we can see will be good for us in the future. He has been in office about a year so there should be something.......

Oh I don't know....

Maybe the total destruction of the mythology of Islamic extremism? After Obama's speech in Cairo, Hezbollah loses the election in Lebanon even though they were favored in the polls. The collapse of the government in Iran which is happening before our very eyes. Pakistan finally going after the Taliban. The Taliban going from 40% support among the Pakistani people in 2005 to only 4% today. And then there are those Somali pirates....

Then there is getting us out of Iraq, closing down Gitmo which is the greatest recruiting tool AQ has.

Then there's saving the country from complete economic collapse brought on by the lack of regulation on Wall Street which created a $516 trillion dollar derivative bubble thanks to Phil Gramm and the Republicans.

And then he saved GM.

And then there's the huge upswing in the popularity of America worldwide. This helps us gain support for our policies. This is called leadership and was sorely lacking under Bush the Lesser.

Then there's the example for America's black youth of what hard work can achieve.

And then there's the move, however modest, toward more fuel efficient cars and alternative energy which is made in America.

And then there's the move toward real healthcare reform although not as much as Americans deserve because of the Republicans and Blue Dog Democrats in the U.S. Senate.

What did Bush achieve?

The total destruction of the U.S. economy, and the total loss of U.S. standing in the world.

Oh I don't know....

Maybe the total destruction of the mythology of Islamic extremism? After Obama's speech in Cairo, Hezbollah loses the election in Lebanon even though they were favored in the polls. The collapse of the government in Iran which is happening before our very eyes. Pakistan finally going after the Taliban. The Taliban going from 40% support among the Pakistani people in 2005 to only 4% today. And then there are those Somali pirates....

Then there is getting us out of Iraq, closing down Gitmo which is the greatest recruiting tool AQ has.

Then there's saving the country from complete economic collapse brought on by the lack of regulation on Wall Street which created a $516 trillion dollar derivative bubble thanks to Phil Gramm and the Republicans.

And then he saved GM.

And then there's the huge upswing in the popularity of America worldwide. This helps us gain support for our policies. This is called leadership and was sorely lacking under Bush the Lesser.

Then there's the example for America's black youth of what hard work can achieve.

And then there's the move, however modest, toward more fuel efficient cars and alternative energy which is made in America.

And then there's the move toward real healthcare reform although not as much as Americans deserve because of the Republicans and Blue Dog Democrats in the U.S. Senate.

What did Bush achieve?

The total destruction of the U.S. economy, and the total loss of U.S. standing in the world.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: And you get pissy cuz I call you an idiot! Too fucking funny! :lol:

Oh I don't know....

And then he saved GM.

What did Bush achieve?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: And you get pissy cuz I call you an idiot! Too fucking funny! :lol:

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I have come to expect two responses from conservatives.

They either resort to personal insults or change the subject.

This is because the facts are not on their side.

Oh I don't know....

And then he saved GM.

What did Bush achieve?

The most pathetic aspect is he attributes all the good to Obama and all the bad to the Repubs with absolutely no clue as to what actually happened to bring much of this to fruition. Talk about a pathetic willing tool lost in a world of hateful fantasy!

Oh I don't know....

And then he saved GM.

What did Bush achieve?

The most pathetic aspect is he attributes all the good to Obama and all the bad to the Repubs with absolutely no clue as to what actually happened to bring much of this to fruition. Talk about a pathetic willing tool lost in a world of hateful fantasy!

Not at all.

I thought Bush Sr. was a pretty good president.

He gained the support of many nations for the first Gulf War instead of going it alone like his pathetic son.

Oh I don't know....

And then he saved GM.

What did Bush achieve?

I've heard the phrase 'painfully stupid' but I've never really got it, until now. It's hysterical that you, in another thread, called me 'selfish' and then throw a hissy fit at being called an Idiot! :lol::lol: If you didn't demonstrate the attributes of an idiot, I wouldn't call you an idiot. But you do, so I do.

And it also entertains me that liberals have the gall to whine about name calling - since it has been a classic tactic taken from Saul Alinsky since the '60s. Fucking idiot.

I've heard the phrase 'painfully stupid' but I've never really got it, until now. It's hysterical that you, in another thread, called me 'selfish' and then throw a hissy fit at being called an Idiot! :lol::lol: If you didn't demonstrate the attributes of an idiot, I wouldn't call you an idiot. But you do, so I do.

And it also entertains me that liberals have the gall to whine about name calling - since it has been a classic tactic taken from Saul Alinsky since the '60s. Fucking idiot.

Thanks for proving my point.

Because you have no facts, you resort to either personal insults or changing the subject.

You managed to do both in one post.

Thanks for proving my point.

Because you have no facts, you resort to either personal insults or changing the subject.

You managed to do both in one post.

I don't respond to drivel, and your post was drivel. You seem to think that insults work only one way - you constantly name call so stop fucking whining when others do it back to you.

You can't grasp anything past your own partisan view so there is very little point in presenting facts in variance to it. It's almost like you're an Obamaborg.

He got Oprah to kiss someone's ass.

True dat.

The problem I have with people like Chris posting shit such as 'GWB was responsible for the destruction of the US economy' is that it is simply false. He - and others - seem unable to grasp a very simple fact - there was a global collapse. Not just in the US - the world does not stop at our borders. Economies around the world are in chaos.... that was not the fault of George Bush, any more than it would have been the fault of Obama if he had been POTUS at the time. Fact is that it was a 'perfect storm', a combination of issues that all came together at the same time to cause it. People like to scream about who was responsible but conveniently leave out the ones most responsible. We, the consumer. Everyone who took credit they could not affort to pay back.

In fact, George Bush was one of the few people on the planet who actually tried - and failed - to implement measures that would have minimised the impact. He was stopped by congress. This is inconvenient to liberals because the democrats controled congress. Oops.

He got Oprah to kiss someone's ass.

True dat.

The problem I have with people like Chris posting shit such as 'GWB was responsible for the destruction of the US economy' is that it is simply false. He - and others - seem unable to grasp a very simple fact - there was a global collapse. Not just in the US - the world does not stop at our borders. Economies around the world are in chaos.... that was not the fault of George Bush, any more than it would have been the fault of Obama if he had been POTUS at the time. Fact is that it was a 'perfect storm', a combination of issues that all came together at the same time to cause it. People like to scream about who was responsible but conveniently leave out the ones most responsible. We, the consumer. Everyone who took credit they could not affort to pay back.

In fact, George Bush was one of the few people on the planet who actually tried - and failed - to implement measures that would have minimised the impact. He was stopped by congress. This is inconvenient to liberals because the democrats controled congress. Oops.

global collapse which originated in the US.

More of what we come to expect from CaliGurl.....Ask a question, get a detailed response and all she can respond is "Well you are an idiot"

Ball is in your court California Girl and skylerblue.

You asked a question, Chris blew you out of the water with facts and reason... Do you have anything to come back with other than "Libruls are stoopid!" ??

I would say that Obama did a good job in identifying all the dumb-assed voters that didn't know any better than to vote for a total idiot. How else could he have gotten elected?

Translation: "Please offer up some stuff I can try to pick it apart, spin it into a negative, or just pretend it didn't happen.

No matter - those of us who have been paying attention to something other than the right-wing wackos who are so invested in failure that they'd risk their political future to admit otherwise realize that we've made some tremendous progress. But there have been setbacks too.
Here are my opinions:

Foreign Policy

Pros: 1) Reassuring muslim world that terrorits are our enemy not ALL muslims. This has resulted in the easing of tensions in Gaza, emboldened demoncratic dissidents in Iran, and the alienation of the most radical of extremists (like Al Qaeda) in the vast majority of the muslim world (see new Jihad code coming out of Libyia and Yemen's participation in war on Al Qaeda for just two examples). 2) Honduras success. 3) Convincing Russia to back down on Iranian nuclear power plant. In fact, rebooting our relations with Russia is paying off in several areas. (more later). 4) Achieved inernational support (U.N. Security Council) pressuring N. Korea to abandon nuclear testing. Remains to be seen if this will have any impact - but at least we aren't going it alone. 5) Clearly demonstrating to the world that the U.S. is (and Iran definitely is NOT) attempting to negotiate in good faith. This has resulted in a much greater degree of internation cooperation with the U.S. on Iran.

Cons: 1)Promising and failing to close Gitmo in a year. 2)Initially going it alone on N. Korea seemed only to inflate the ego of Kim Jong. 3) The re-reversing the Mexico City accord allowing U.S. foreign aid funds to be used for abortions.

War on Terrorism

Pros: Iraq stabalizing. Credit Bush's surge if you will, but if that is the catalyst, at least Obama hasn't screwed it up. 2) Afghanistan - U.S. troop levels are 3-times what they were when Obama took office. Russia has been convinced to cooperate more, Pakistan has stepped up, and virtually all U.S. allies are pitching in more despite predictions that Obama would not be able to achieve this. 3) The success of the drone campaign in Pakistan. America is safer because of it. 4) Enlisting significant assistance from unlikely mid-east allies in the war on terror (Libyia, Yemen, Saudi, etc..) 5) Inauguration, Cairo, Oslo, and U.S. speeches have been successful in alienating extremists and explaining why peace-loving people sometimes have to wage war. 6) Capturing Zazi.

Cons: 1) Not preventing Mutallab's attack (only fair if credit given for Zazi). 2) Failure to prevent Hasan shootings (see #1). Looks like lack of threat communications could be systemic. IMHO - needs to be fixed Yesterday.

Domestic Issues

Pros: Healthcare reform. Even if you don't by the CBO estimate on how much the bill will save, it's obviously that at abosolute worst it is revenue neutral. So extending coverage to 30 million Americans in a revenue-neutral way is a plus.

Cons: 1) Little movement on anything other than healthcare.

Economy

It is - and always has been - my position that the president always seems to get more credit for a good economy and more blame for a bad economy than they should. Bigger forces are at work and POTUS can tweak but rarely can dramatically change the economic climate. So the pros and cons here are (IMHO) much more incremental than in the previous sections.

Pros: Virtually everything looks better/brighter than they did one year ago.

Cons: The deficit

Now, I'm sure many who are politically invested in failure will try to pick away and spin away in an effort to minimize success and maximize failure. Fair enough - but it doesn't change the facts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back