Calling for a violent revolt

No, it is not just right wingnuts advocating violence. However, the great majority of those advocating violence are, indeed, rightwing nuts. Just the way it is at the present time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ljxpyH4dnA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ljxpyH4dnA[/ame]

Regardless, it is apples and oranges. Ted Rall is some fucktard cartoonist, he is not a politician running for office or in office.

The rightwingloons have voted for at least one politician that has called for violence against the government.

So has the left. Do you have an actual point, or are you just confused?

For the rightwing, there is a dearth of lefties running for office that are inclined to violent solutions. So, in order to find someone to balance their loons, they have to look far afield, to a cartoonist.

There is good reason for a lack of lefties advocating a violent revolution. The chances of unintended consequences in such a situation are about 99%. Lefties, and the Eisenhower conservatives, tend to look ahead. Our present day Conservative just lives for today, and the hell with the future. As evidence by the Alaska Loon. Any hyperbole is acceptable, regardless of consequences. Reminds me of the worst of the far out left in the '60s.

Or, if they are really desperate, they could point to real life terrorists who work for Democratic administrations in Chicago.

Just saying.

Actually the lefties got most of the violent revolution stuff out of thier system in the 60's and 70's, or are you forgetting organizations such as the Weather Underground?

It can always make a comeback.

99% of of 1960's and 1970's lefties rejected violence and anyway, these were kids. What excuse do grown men like Glenn Beck or Anderson Cooper or this Dylan Ratigan have for their dangerous stupidity?

Kind of like people like Bill Ayers when he wrote Praire Fire? Wasnt he like in his 30s when he wrote that?

You can also say 99% of righties reject violence and wouldn't be far wrong either. My response was to point out that the left has had its fair share of those advocating revolution.

As I also stated before most of the groups on the right who seem to favor violent resistance see it as a REACTION to actions done by the goverment. The 60s/70s left violence was more proactive, seeking to overturn a system regardless of how much or if it fought back.

I am not condoning calls to arms by either side. It's wrong, wrong, wrong.

The Coming Revolution - Chuck Norris - Townhall Conservative

The Coming Revolution
Chuck Norris

I believe a revolution is coming to America. Just as Hurricane Ike slammed into my home state of Texas, I am more and more convinced as every year passes that a needed voter revolution is brewing and will arrive imminently at America's shores and ballot boxes.

----------------

Chuck Norris claims thousands of right wing cell groups exist and will rebel against U.S. government - Washington DC Special Interests | Examiner.com

Chuck Norris claims thousands of right wing cell groups exist and will rebel against U.S. government

* March 9th, 2009 9:33 am ET

The call by some right wing leaders for rebellion and for the military to refuse the commander in chief’s orders is joined by Chuck Norris who claims that thousands of right wing cell groups have organized and are ready for a second American Revolution. During an appearance on the Glen Beck radio show he promised that if things get any worse from his point of view he may “run for president of Texas.” The martial artist/actor/activist claims that Texas was never formally a part of the United States in the first place and that if rebellion is to come through secession Texas would lead the way.

This Chuck Norris?

1653261_f260.jpg

If so, I do believe I'll get my sociological insights and exercise equipment elsewhere, thankies.

Ratigan thinks he was advocating violent revolution.

RATIGAN: If you were to look at the way government changes, political process being the most preferable, although sometimes totally ineffective or destructive, the bond and financial markets, certainly an opportunity for those to intervene in this country, and force meaningful reformation, passive resistance and the end game being violence, why do you go to your book to the category 4, if you will, government change, which is violence?

Advocating as a last resort. How many people, honestly, unequivocally and absolutely reject revolution as an alternative,

even as a last resort? Even when all else has failed?

I accept revolution as a potential problem-solver. I just reject violence as one such.

And I dun think the US is now or ever will be a fertile ground for either one on any mass scale.

Regardless, it is apples and oranges. Ted Rall is some fucktard cartoonist, he is not a politician running for office or in office.

The rightwingloons have voted for at least one politician that has called for violence against the government.

So has the left. Do you have an actual point, or are you just confused?
Who?

Do you really want me to answer that? Or would you accept a timely reminder that the KKK advocated violence against the government?

Do you really want me to answer that? Or would you accept a timely reminder that the KKK advocated violence against the government?
Yes, I want you to answer it. And no, Byrd never called for violence against the government.

I await your epic fail.

If you insist.

David Duke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Operation Red Dog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you think Byrd was the only KKK member to run, and get elected, as a Democrat?

No, it is not just right wingnuts advocating violence. However, the great majority of those advocating violence are, indeed, rightwing nuts. Just the way it is at the present time.

Are you willing to bet on that?

Eco-terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ecoterrorism: Extremism in the Animal Rights and Environmentalist Movements

Please say yes.

I'd bet on it...

let's see...we have rush limbaugh with 20 million dittoheads declaring liberals to be their enemy...
the enemies of god and America....
reminding us that they have plenty of weapons...
and that they are ready to KILL (and or die) for their conservative beliefs

we have millions of militia all over the country stockpiling weapons and getting ready for the coming revolution....

and we have tea baggers declaring that they, too, would understand perfectly if a bloody revolution were needed in order to do something about the "liberal problem"

i've seen conservatives on message boards (here, too) stating that they are stockpiling their weapons for the coming revolution and killing liberals would be a great joy for them

we had lt gen james mattis (christian/conservative/republican) voicing his opinion that killing SOME people (liberals?) is GREAT FUN!

you can buy bumper stickers and t-shirts from con sites that say;
make America a great place, KILL a liberal
club liberals
nuke new york
i accelerate for liberals

you can get targets for target practice with pictures of prominent liberals on them.....

you can even buy a liberal hunting permit.....

most cons today seem to all agree and understand that;
liberals are the enemy
it's ok to hate liberals
it's ok to kill your enemy (liberals)

answer this honestly; in the coming revolution...how many liberals do YOU hope to kill?

Yes, I want you to answer it. And no, Byrd never called for violence against the government.

I await your epic fail.

If you insist.

Did you think Byrd was the only KKK member to run, and get elected, as a Democrat?
The left did not vote for those people.

Thanks for living up to my expectations.

I await your epic fail.

If you insist.

The KKK is not nor ever has been a LIBERAL organization.

Am I becoming dim or did Quantum Windbag just suggest the Ku Klux Klan were/are "lefties"?

:eek:

The KKK from the 20s was a mostly Democratic organization, and while socially conservative was fond of the power of government. It also had local chapters that could be considered "progressive," at the time. school building, road constrution, labor reform. Of course you had to be white protestant to benefit from this.

Dylan Ratigan is a Tea Partier.

Self described fiscal conservative, social liberal.

Which was once, for about 2 minutes in early 2009, what a Tea Partier could be...

Forum List

Back