Calling for a violent revolt

Some cartoonist predicts the US will have a revolution ( because hes pissed at both sides)and writes a book about it.

This is a threat of violent revolution by the left.

A congressional candidate calls for gun play if they dont win an election and in this partisan hacks mind it comparable.

Logical fallacy fail.

You're not very good at this.

For the rightwing, there is a dearth of lefties running for office that are inclined to violent solutions. So, in order to find someone to balance their loons, they have to look far afield, to a cartoonist.

There is good reason for a lack of lefties advocating a violent revolution. The chances of unintended consequences in such a situation are about 99%. Lefties, and the Eisenhower conservatives, tend to look ahead. Our present day Conservative just lives for today, and the hell with the future. As evidence by the Alaska Loon. Any hyperbole is acceptable, regardless of consequences. Reminds me of the worst of the far out left in the '60s.

MSNBC had Olberman who was the ONLY voice on TV telling us the truth about Iraq for a good couple of years.

MSNBC and Olberman told the truth while our administration lied.

First of all, that is utter bullshit. I have never watched Olbermann's show and I knew from the start Bush was lying his ass off about WMD. Second of all, a journalist is not an advocate -- his job is to accurately report the news, not analyze it and massage it to reach a conclusion he likes. I dun happen to know what political party Walter Chronkite belonged to, and I should not be able to guess with accuracy within 15 seconds what Olbermann's is either -- not if we are gonna call both men "journalists".

i would not mock the cartoonist....seems in this country they are accepted rather quickly as politcal pundits...isnt that what colbert and stewart call themselves?

A righty running for congress calls for second amendment remedies if they dont win the election is comparable with some guy mad at all sides quoting Locke.

This is how the right wing rolls.

And it should be condemned. But it is no more defensible when a leftie does it. That seems to be the nugget of data your pea brain cannot absorb, TM. Wrong is wrong....why can't you admit this?

We need less hyperbole and propaganda masquarading as "news" from ALL sides.

i would not mock the cartoonist....seems in this country they are accepted rather quickly as politcal pundits...isnt that what colbert and stewart call themselves?

The difference is, both Stewart and Colbert are comedians and both have shows on the Comedy Channel. I happen to enjoy political comedy and always have, regardless of the comedian's orientation -- I just am sick to death of BS like Anderson Cooper running over to Haiti after the earthquake to wring his hands about how stingy I am.

A righty running for congress calls for second amendment remedies if they dont win the election is comparable with some guy mad at all sides quoting Locke.

And it should be condemned. But it is no more defensible when a leftie does it. That seems to be the nugget of data your pea brain cannot absorb, TM. Wrong is wrong....why can't you admit this?

This guy is not a political figure hes a writer predicting something.

The candidate running against Harry said her people will grab guns if they dont win the elction.

For the rightwing, there is a dearth of lefties running for office that are inclined to violent solutions. So, in order to find someone to balance their loons, they have to look far afield, to a cartoonist.

There is good reason for a lack of lefties advocating a violent revolution. The chances of unintended consequences in such a situation are about 99%. Lefties, and the Eisenhower conservatives, tend to look ahead. Our present day Conservative just lives for today, and the hell with the future. As evidence by the Alaska Loon. Any hyperbole is acceptable, regardless of consequences. Reminds me of the worst of the far out left in the '60s.

Actually the lefties got most of the violent revolution stuff out of thier system in the 60's and 70's, or are you forgetting organizations such as the Weather Underground?

It can always make a comeback.

Last edited:

This guy is not a political figure hes a writer predicting something.

The candidate running against Harry said her people will grab guns if they dont win the elction.

I'm not referring to the guest. I'm referring to the "journalist" who had him on his show and when interviewing him, implied or stated that he agreed.

WHAT is so fucking hard about admitting that this is wrong no matter who does it or why? You afraid someone will come take your Wobbly card if you critisize a leftie, TM?

Actually the lefties got most of the violent revolution stuff out of thier system in the 60's and 70's, or are you forgetting organizations such as the Weather Underground?

99% of of 1960's and 1970's lefties rejected violence and anyway, these were kids. What excuse do grown men like Glenn Beck or Anderson Cooper or this Dylan Ratigan have for their dangerous stupidity?

99% of of 1960's and 1970's lefties rejected violence and anyway, these were kids. What excuse do grown men like Glenn Beck or Anderson Cooper or this Dylan Ratigan have for their dangerous stupidity?

Kind of like people like Bill Ayers when he wrote Praire Fire? Wasnt he like in his 30s when he wrote that?

You can also say 99% of righties reject violence and wouldn't be far wrong either. My response was to point out that the left has had its fair share of those advocating revolution.

As I also stated before most of the groups on the right who seem to favor violent resistance see it as a REACTION to actions done by the goverment. The 60s/70s left violence was more proactive, seeking to overturn a system regardless of how much or if it fought back.

The Coming Revolution - Chuck Norris - Townhall Conservative

The Coming Revolution
Chuck Norris

I believe a revolution is coming to America. Just as Hurricane Ike slammed into my home state of Texas, I am more and more convinced as every year passes that a needed voter revolution is brewing and will arrive imminently at America's shores and ballot boxes.

----------------

Chuck Norris claims thousands of right wing cell groups exist and will rebel against U.S. government - Washington DC Special Interests | Examiner.com

Chuck Norris claims thousands of right wing cell groups exist and will rebel against U.S. government

* March 9th, 2009 9:33 am ET

The call by some right wing leaders for rebellion and for the military to refuse the commander in chief’s orders is joined by Chuck Norris who claims that thousands of right wing cell groups have organized and are ready for a second American Revolution. During an appearance on the Glen Beck radio show he promised that if things get any worse from his point of view he may “run for president of Texas.” The martial artist/actor/activist claims that Texas was never formally a part of the United States in the first place and that if rebellion is to come through secession Texas would lead the way.

Ratigan thinks he was advocating violent revolution.

RATIGAN: If you were to look at the way government changes, political process being the most preferable, although sometimes totally ineffective or destructive, the bond and financial markets, certainly an opportunity for those to intervene in this country, and force meaningful reformation, passive resistance and the end game being violence, why do you go to your book to the category 4, if you will, government change, which is violence?

Advocating as a last resort. How many people, honestly, unequivocally and absolutely reject revolution as an alternative,

even as a last resort? Even when all else has failed?

I think quite a few people here aren't aware that Dylan Ratigan comes as close as anyone to being an advocate for the core principles of the Tea Party, at least at its roots, in its infancy, before it was overrun by the traditional right wing of the Republican party.

:eusa_eh:

Allen West's (RWL, FL) chief of staff:
And if ballots don't work, bullets will.
When I say I'll put my microphone down on November 2nd if we haven't achieved substantial victory, I mean it. Because if at that point, I"m gonna go up into the hills of Kentucky, I'm gonna go out into the Midwest, I'm gonna go up in the Vermont and New Hampshire outreaches, and I'm gonna gather together men and women who understand that some things are worth fighting for -- and some things are worth dying for."
Allen West Hires Fiery Talk Radio Host (And Potential Rebel) As Chief Of Staff (VIDEO) | TPMDC

shouldnt the voter revolt when nothing is happening? where are the jobs...where are the reforms for a more honest and responsive government? we are spending too much time fussing about how we got here...and should be more concerned about how to proceed....how to rebuild etc....

but it is not like the voter has attempted to make any changes...personally i think we should refuse to pay our taxes period....i think our monies should be used at a local level...but there is much corruption there too...we are a poor county...the high school football program is not....astroturff etc...millions of dollars used to build a state of the art locker room for the football team....i could just go on and on...but lets try some none violent stuff first

just my humble suggestion....i dont think this government or any us government would have qualms about sending troops into a place to stop a violent revolt....

now really are the republicans gonna rush the courthouse on their golf carts?

Why not toss out everyone and start from scratch, impose term limits, through a Constitutional Convention if necessary, and tell the government they work for us? I think we should explore some viable options before we advocate revolution.

(I am coming across as the voice of reason. Did Hell just freeze over?)

Forum List

Back