California's Crumbling Infrastructure

But they have billions to build some over budget rail system.

(Actually they don't have the billions needed)

Not to forget that some four years ago Sen. Diane Feinstein's husband won a billion dollar contract to begin the first phase. What could be more like a license to print money? The estimated cost has already doubled and the first shovel hasn't been turned.
California High-Speed Rail is a high-speed rail system currently under construction in the U.S. state of California. The initial implementation phase ("Phase 1") will connect the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center in Anaheim and Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles with the Transbay Transit Center in San Francisco via the Central Valley with speeds up to 220 miles per hour (350 km/h), providing a "one-seat ride" for the trip in 2 hours and 40 minutes. The system is required by law to operate without a subsidy, and to connect the state's major cities in the Bay Area, Central Valley, and Los Angeles Basin.[6] Phase 2 (which has no timetable yet) would extend the system northerly in the Central Valley to the Sacramento Valley Station in Sacramento, and southerly (through the Inland Empire) to the San Diego International Airport in San Diego. The project is managed by the California High-Speed Rail Authority (CHSRA), a state agency run by a board of governors.--https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_High-Speed_Rail

Stupid response that has nothing to do with the topic. What did Obama do? How did he handle the ME?
I was just comparing "boondoggles".

As far as being on topic, the OP's link doesn't say anything about undocumented aliens. All it is, is about that bridge in Big Sur. Something that didn't get fixed, because Reps in Washington wouldn't sign any job bills to rebuild our infrastructure. They were too busy giving money to the DOD. So this thread has nothing to do with people crossing the border.

California is doing okay and we can fix our own problems.

BTW, as far as economy's go, the US has the largest GNP in the world. China is second. Japan is 3rd. Germany is 4th. And the United Kingdom is 5th. I'll give you 3 guesses to tell me who is 6th and the first 2 don't count.

It's a pie in the sky pipe dream....left loons are noted for such boondoggles
Oh yeah? We spent $5 trillion on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. What did we get in return for that investment?

That goes way beyond a mere "boondoggle".
Stupid response that has nothing to do with the topic. What did Obama do? How did he handle the ME?

He got us almost entirely out of Iraq and got the Iraqis to defend themselves.

But they have billions to build some over budget rail system.

(Actually they don't have the billions needed)
Not just any rail system. A rail system no one will use.

It's a pie in the sky pipe dream....left loons are noted for such boondoggles
And it's way behind schedule too. The poor people of CA are going to have to wait an additional seven years until they don't ride it.

First they want to secede from the union and now they are begging the Feds to give them cash..

You didn't bitch when Texas did that.
bailing out the South with Yankee forms of ingenuity, is a moral obligation of the North.

As I recall - correct me if I'm wrong, RW'ers - Ted Cruz was one of those who voted against aid for superstorm Sandy victims,
but not long after was begging for aid for a Texas natural disaster.

Republicans built the infrastructure in California. Democrats took over and have been skating along not building anymore and letting the existing infrastructure rot.

upload_2017-2-28_6-50-52.png

Republicans built the infrastructure in California. Democrats took over and have been skating along not building anymore and letting the existing infrastructure rot.

View attachment 114635

Jerry Brown's father Pat Brown did a lot of infrastructure work and university building as a democrat governor. He was the best governor in the 20th century. I can't recall republican governors doing much other than trying to lower taxes for the very wealthy. reagan was a complete clown act as was arnold. But agreed, the present governor brown is off his rocker.

View attachment 114635

Jerry Brown's father Pat Brown did a lot of infrastructure work and university building as a democrat governor. He was the best governor in the 20th century. I can't recall republican governors doing much other than trying to lower taxes for the very wealthy. reagan was a complete clown act as was arnold. But agreed, the present governor brown is off his rocker.
California was a hardcore Republican State until the late 70's when the shift began. It was about that time when Brown first took over that infrastructure construction came to a grinding halt.

View attachment 114635
potheads got Patriotic, and insisted on paying pot taxes, to help out.
What else do the voices in your head tell you?
That our State Militia should be building better aqueducts and better roads, to ensure, the State Guard and regular forces, can do their jobs, more easily and more conveniently, within our Sate.

Forum List

Back