California Woman Fired After Calling Obama N-Word, Hoping He's Assassinated

I support the company's right to fire her just as much as I would support its right to fire a worker for wearing their pants a foot below their waste, or for refusal to hire a disabled person to a job that requires physical ability beyond what the person is capable of.
I believe in the rights of private corporations to employ whoever they want. If I disagree with their hiring practice, I am free to take my business elsewhere.

I do not think you have much of a choice, it is called "employment at will" especially in this situation.

So I can hire based on race, religion, sexual preference sex?
I mean if I can fire someone for expressing an opinion, I can fire someone for being gay, right?

We both know the answer to that.

Meathead..... "Agent Scott Gillingham from the Sacramento Secret Service office said he would be checking out her posts.

The Washington, D.C., bureau of the Secret Service told Fox 40 that all threats, or perceived threats, are taken seriously and investigated. If the Secret Service were to decide her threat was legitimate, Helms could face a felony under U.S. Code Section 871, which states prohibits willfully and knowingly threatening "to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm " on the president, vice president or other office next in succession to the presidency.

.... buffoon...:lol:
You already know the original facebook post, and you still have no idea why I'm calling you an idiot?! You are probably stupider than I had originally thought - no small task that.

Should she be charged that would be up to her legal representatives to argue, of which, I hope you are not for her sake. All I did I set forth the law she would be charged with if it goes forward.

Buffoon, esq....:lol:
All you set forth is idiocy. She used the word "******" and she said he (Obama might be killed). You obviously take exception to that - well so fuck you. Nobody cares except the terminally self-righteous. While there seem to be limits on free speech, there are none that do not directly threaten anyone. All the self-righteous indignation in the world is not going to make that any less so, at least where protections of free speech are still respected.

Bw, kiss my ass!

The above is not a threat. It is a hypothetical musing.

Maybe it will snow in Honolulu tomorrow.
I will make it snow in Honolulu tomorrow.

See the difference?

Explaining context to Obamazombies is all but impossible, they still think he wasn't talking about businesses when he said "You didn't build that."

Total hack bullshit the stuff Kool-Aid built.....Keep on drinking it up dude...:wine:

It is the level of discourse needed to reach the person Ernie was speaking to.

Wait, that was you, wasn't it?

If she had posted what she did here at USMB versus on FB her employer would not have known it was her but the SS could find her.

What if she wrote an essay or a book or a letter to the editors with her views. Would her employer be able to fire her?

The above is not a threat. It is a hypothetical musing.

Maybe it will snow in Honolulu tomorrow.
I will make it snow in Honolulu tomorrow.

See the difference?

Explaining context to Obamazombies is all but impossible, they still think he wasn't talking about businesses when he said "You didn't build that."

Total hack bullshit the stuff Kool-Aid built.....Keep on drinking it up dude...:wine:

Then address my quoted post, hack.

How is "Maybe he will get assassinated this term" a threat

You already know the original facebook post, and you still have no idea why I'm calling you an idiot?! You are probably stupider than I had originally thought - no small task that.

Should she be charged that would be up to her legal representatives to argue, of which, I hope you are not for her sake. All I did I set forth the law she would be charged with if it goes forward.

Bw, kiss my ass!

I am sure it is far better than kissing your face...:lol:

Then address my quoted post, hack.

How is "Maybe he will get assassinated this term" a threat

Depends on the context, hick...

It needs to be investigated by the appropriate authorities and at that a point a determination would be made. If is does not go her way she will have ample opportunity to explain and defend her position.

The lefties in general do not get to take the moral high ground or show "outrage" on this topic. I saw, read and heard too much from lefties during the Bush years that would make this FB posting look tame.

All you set forth is idiocy. She used the word "******" and she said he (Obama might be killed). You obviously take exception to that - well so fuck you. Nobody cares except the terminally self-righteous. While there seem to be limits on free speech, there are none that do not directly threaten anyone. All the self-righteous indignation in the world is not going to make that any less so, at least where protections of free speech are still respected.

Bw, kiss my ass!
Once you've kissed my ass, we can talk. Otherwise it becomes non-nonsensical, considering the wide discrepancy between your intellect and mine.,

Ok, that was a bit extreme. However I am sure that you can understand my point. You are obviously a light-weight, so there should be no problem regardless.

The lefties in general do not get to take the moral high ground or show "outrage" on this topic. I saw, read and heard too much from lefties during the Bush years that would make this FB posting look tame.

This thread, however, is not about what ‘lefties’ did during the Bush years, but comments made by the woman in question, and the right’s failure or unwillingness to address that.

The ‘you’re as bad as we are’ deflection attempt doesn’t address the issue either.

This thread, however, is not about what ‘lefties’ did during the Bush years, but comments made by the woman in question, and the right’s failure or unwillingness to address that.

The ‘you’re as bad as we are’ deflection attempt doesn’t address the issue either.

I didn't demand that anyone who insulted Bush be locked up, so how am I wrong for extending the same consideration to people who insult Obama?

I don't generally take that approach sir and on that fact I agree it is not the topic of this thread but it does have bearing on the responses some have given. Just keeping it real and in perspective. This FB posting by this woman was lightweight compared to the lefty attacks on Bush.

This is one of the reasons Cold Stone Creamery is a bit touchy about how their employees conduct themselves.

They have launched franchises in Africa, namely Egypt and Nigeria. "The year 2012 is shaping up to be an exciting one for Cold Stone Creamery’s international growth with a recent franchise agreement signed for development within Egypt. As Cold Stone Creamery® gains a presence in its 19th country; it more momentously is entering Africa, the second largest continent in the world." " (Sept. 5, 2012) – Cold Stone Creamery® is strengthening its international presence by accomplishing the significant milestone of entering its 20th country with a franchise agreement in Nigeria. This agreement also allows for the continued development of Cold Stone Creamery, America’s most innovative ice cream concept, within the African continent. Kahala, Cold Stone Creamery’s parent company, has signed a 10 year Master Franchise Agreement with Ivybridge Trading Ltd. to bring the Ultimate Ice Cream Experience® to Nigeria with a goal of opening nine stores in the first five years. Ivybridge Trading Ltd. is a group made up of three of the strongest companies in Nigeria."

Cold Stone Creamery Press Room

This is one of the reasons Cold Stone Creamery is a bit touchy about how their employees conduct themselves.

They have launched franchises in Africa, namely Egypt and Nigeria. "The year 2012 is shaping up to be an exciting one for Cold Stone Creamery’s international growth with a recent franchise agreement signed for development within Egypt. As Cold Stone Creamery® gains a presence in its 19th country; it more momentously is entering Africa, the second largest continent in the world." " (Sept. 5, 2012) – Cold Stone Creamery® is strengthening its international presence by accomplishing the significant milestone of entering its 20th country with a franchise agreement in Nigeria. This agreement also allows for the continued development of Cold Stone Creamery, America’s most innovative ice cream concept, within the African continent. Kahala, Cold Stone Creamery’s parent company, has signed a 10 year Master Franchise Agreement with Ivybridge Trading Ltd. to bring the Ultimate Ice Cream Experience® to Nigeria with a goal of opening nine stores in the first five years. Ivybridge Trading Ltd. is a group made up of three of the strongest companies in Nigeria."

Tough fucking shit.

Some insight into their actions possibly and of course because her views went viral it put their company in the spotlight but I still wonder what might be considered a legally valid and terminable offense as far as what a person may comment about in a book, essay or editorial or FB. Where is the law on this matter?

It's interesting that, usually, right wingers would fall over themselves trying to validate the prerogative of a company who wanted to fire an employee for any reason they deem fit...

unless, of course, the employee hates ******* in the white house and speculates about assassination...

ho hum.

It's interesting that, usually, right wingers would fall over themselves trying to validate the prerogative of a company who wanted to fire an employee for any reason they deem fit...

unless, of course, the employee hates ******* in the white house and speculates about assassination...

ho hum.

Exactly.

You gotta feel sorry for someone this dumb. Lots of racists express the same attitude in private, she was stupid enough to enter the public arena. Of course like all children found in the wrong she really didn't mean it and nothing was meant of it. One wonders why she spoke then? The right wing apologists on USMB engage in the usual equivalency morality. Once someone said something about Bush Jr, now all things regardless, level out on the scales of justice and truth and taste.

Last edited:

ho hum.
If you need a "right" to fire someone, and I don't think it is necessary, why would someone who thinks that there is a "******" in the white house be among them? Is there a politically correct code of conduct?

ho hum.

Exactly.

You gotta feel sorry for someone this dumb. Lots of racists express the same attitude in private, she was stupid enough to enter the public arena. Of course like all children found in the wrong she really didn't mean it and nothing was meant of it. One wonders why she spoke then? The right wing apologists on USMB engage in the usual equivalency morality. Once someone said something about Bush Jr, now all things regardless, level out on the scales of justice and truth and taste.

"What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one. Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism. Orwell feared that the truth would be concealed from us. Huxley feared the truth would be drowned in a sea of irrelevance. Orwell feared we would become a captive culture. Huxley feared we would become a trivial culture, preoccupied with some equivalent of the feelies, the orgy porgy, and the centrifugal bumblepuppy. As Huxley wrote in Brave New World Revisited, the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984 Huxley added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we hate will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we love will ruin us...This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right." Neil Postman 'Amusing Ourselves to Death'

I agree her age might explain her stupidity. What people share on FB and online blows my mind. It does not explain where her attitude came from however. The only thing that matters is did she break any laws and was her termination legal.

Forum List

Back