California Woman Fired After Calling Obama N-Word, Hoping He's Assassinated

I support the company's right to fire her just as much as I would support its right to fire a worker for wearing their pants a foot below their waste, or for refusal to hire a disabled person to a job that requires physical ability beyond what the person is capable of.
I believe in the rights of private corporations to employ whoever they want. If I disagree with their hiring practice, I am free to take my business elsewhere.

I do not think you have much of a choice, it is called "employment at will" especially in this situation.

So I can hire based on race, religion, sexual preference sex?
I mean if I can fire someone for expressing an opinion, I can fire someone for being gay, right?

I was very clear in stating I spoke of this situation. Should you wish to discuss employment law start a thread I may participate. However, employment at will, dictates that an employee can be fired for any reason or no reason as along as the termination is not for reasons that are illegal under state and federal law.

Unless she made the post while working I don't understand why she lost her job.

Probably because her boss is a bigot. She can sue under California law, and win, unless her employer can prove that she was fired for something completely unrelated to the post.

As usual your user name precedes your asshattey. I did not make that determination the goddamn Secret Service did you buffoon!
No one made any call, and you're still an ass. Blasphemy, my dear idiotic fellow USMB poster, was clearly meant, or so I thought, to be an sarcastic indication of the deification of Obama. FFS, stop being an ass, or at least stop acting like one which is for your sake the best scenario.

Meathead..... "Agent Scott Gillingham from the Sacramento Secret Service office said he would be checking out her posts.

The Washington, D.C., bureau of the Secret Service told Fox 40 that all threats, or perceived threats, are taken seriously and investigated. If the Secret Service were to decide her threat was legitimate, Helms could face a felony under U.S. Code Section 871, which states prohibits willfully and knowingly threatening "to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm " on the president, vice president or other office next in succession to the presidency.

.... buffoon...:lol:
You already know the original facebook post, and you still have no idea why I'm calling you an idiot?! You are probably stupider than I had originally thought - no small task that.

Unless she made the post while working I don't understand why she lost her job.

First..she broke the law.

Second..her views were so derogatory that it reflected poorly upon the company.

Third..political affliation is not a "protected" in terms of employment.

First, she did not break the law. Even if she did, she is innocent until proven guilty, so she can't be fired for it unless it is related to her job.

Second, California law absolutely protects the free speech of an employee as long as they express their views on their own time.

Third, it is in California.

Why? Blasphemy is no longer a crime, is it?

No meathead because of this:

"18 USC § 871 - Threats against President and successors to the Presidency

(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

18 USC § 871 - Threats against President and successors to the Presidency

Where do you get blasphemy from this situation? On second thought, never mind...:eusa_eh:

...“Maybe he will get assassinated this term.”
The above is not a threat. It is a hypothetical musing.

Maybe it will snow in Honolulu tomorrow.
I will make it snow in Honolulu tomorrow.

See the difference?

Explaining context to Obamazombies is all but impossible, they still think he wasn't talking about businesses when he said "You didn't build that."

Da Boss is Da Boss. See what I mean. I would have fired ever if she had said something like that about Romney or Obama.

What's wrong with you bozos?

You don't run a business in California, if you did you would know better than to have that attitude,

Her firing to me is interesting because it is based on something she posted on FB. She must have an open FB or lots of friends who told her employer what she posted.

I am not up on FB legalities but is using certain words and posting what she did legal grounds for termination? I am not sure if there have been any prior law established on this.

It sounded like she quickly made local news, so her employer could have seen the story on tv and chose to fire her rather than face community backlash.

so now they want to protect workers from their employers?

ge they just cant keep their memes straight

The Left are the ones that created the laws that make it impossible to fire people, why do you suddenly want an exception? Is it because she said something bad about your god?

No one made any call, and you're still an ass. Blasphemy, my dear idiotic fellow USMB poster, was clearly meant, or so I thought, to be an sarcastic indication of the deification of Obama. FFS, stop being an ass, or at least stop acting like one which is for your sake the best scenario.

Meathead..... "Agent Scott Gillingham from the Sacramento Secret Service office said he would be checking out her posts.

The Washington, D.C., bureau of the Secret Service told Fox 40 that all threats, or perceived threats, are taken seriously and investigated. If the Secret Service were to decide her threat was legitimate, Helms could face a felony under U.S. Code Section 871, which states prohibits willfully and knowingly threatening "to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm " on the president, vice president or other office next in succession to the presidency.

.... buffoon...:lol:
You already know the original facebook post, and you still have no idea why I'm calling you an idiot?! You are probably stupider than I had originally thought - no small task that.

Should she be charged that would be up to her legal representatives to argue, of which, I hope you are not for her sake. All I did I set forth the law she would be charged with if it goes forward.

Buffoon, esq....:lol:

(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

Where do you get blasphemy from this situation? On second thought, never mind...:eusa_eh:

See the difference?

Explaining context to Obamazombies is all but impossible, they still think he wasn't talking about businesses when he said "You didn't build that."

Total hack bullshit the stuff Kool-Aid built.....Keep on drinking it up dude...:wine:

Well this should PLEASE you ObamaBots, she lost her job for expressing her feeling about the Dear Leader

after all this IS OBAMA'S AMERCIA

and how DARE SHE

She's lucky she only got a visit from FOX. I'd expect the SS to pay her a call. They don't go for that kind of stuff, no matter who's president.

They will visit, and she will go on with her miserable life.

I do not think you have much of a choice, it is called "employment at will" especially in this situation.

I mean if I can fire someone for expressing an opinion, I can fire someone for being gay, right?

I was very clear in stating I spoke of this situation. Should you wish to discuss employment law start a thread I may participate. However, employment at will, dictates that an employee can be fired for any reason or no reason as along as the termination is not for reasons that are illegal under state and federal law.

Does that extend to FB postings that are unrelated to the job?

No, you weren't. You made a statement and then added "especially in this situation". You did not limit it to this situation.

What you seem to be saying is you can fire someone for only things you disagree with.

See the difference?

Tell the Secret Service, they made the call not me...see the difference?

They are required, by law, to investigate all potential threats against the president. That does not make everything they investigate a threat, only a complete idiot would try to argue that it does.

Forum List

Back