California suffering through SEVERE climate change

My comments here have no relation to "state doctrine". I strongly suggest you debate the topic, not what you seem to believe are my motives.

I believe the world has been getting warmer since roughly the beginning of the 20th century because that is what the data show. For instance:

910px-Global_Temperature_Anomaly.svg.png

And I believe the primary cause of that warming has been the greenhouse effect acting on the increased CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere because of this:

640px-Mauna_Loa_CO2_monthly_mean_concentration.svg.png

and this:

ipcc_rad_forc_ar5.jpg

I have now repeatedly commented that the people of California may have inadequately prepared for their population vs annual rainfall situation, but that has no bearing on whether or not they are suffering a drought and whether or not global warming made their drought more likely or likely to be more intense and long-lasting.

A small drought, droughts have happened before humans existed but the drought has been worsened by 200X due to over farming and the lack of reservoir building.
You seem to enjoy accepting state doctrine? Why is that?
link? Those are the norm in some sub-forums on the board like this one

Mr. Eagle, climate changes in Europe do not represent the whole of the world. Trying to present them as if they do is quite dishonest. The MWP was not uniform across the whole globe, and varied in time and location. The overall warming, at the most, was about one quarter of what we have already experianced on a global scale.

Mr. Eagle, climate changes in Europe do not represent the whole of the world. Trying to present them as if they do is quite dishonest. The MWP was not uniform across the whole globe, and varied in time and location. The overall warming, at the most, was about one quarter of what we have already experianced on a global scale.
Hawaii doesn't represent the earth then does it..........................

Neither does a few trees....................

Neither does changing the data and caught lying about it...................

The GW cult manipulated the data and got caught doing so...........and still people push the HOCKEY stick from cutting the trees and saying SEE WE TOLD YA.........................

Lying about it and repeating the Lies is utter BS.........and just hurts your cause...............

carlsbad.jpg

The dumb asses in California fought this for over a decade...........and now when they are on water conversation they finally go..............

YOU CAN BUILD IT.............................

Perhaps they should be wearing their signs...............

sign.jpg

My comments here have no relation to "state doctrine". I strongly suggest you debate the topic, not what you seem to believe are my motives.

I believe the world has been getting warmer since roughly the beginning of the 20th century because that is what the data show. For instance:

910px-Global_Temperature_Anomaly.svg.png

And I believe the primary cause of that warming has been the greenhouse effect acting on the increased CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere because of this:

640px-Mauna_Loa_CO2_monthly_mean_concentration.svg.png

and this:

ipcc_rad_forc_ar5.jpg

I have now repeatedly commented that the people of California may have inadequately prepared for their population vs annual rainfall situation, but that has no bearing on whether or not they are suffering a drought and whether or not global warming made their drought more likely or likely to be more intense and long-lasting.
your quote: "And I believe the primary cause of that warming has been the greenhouse effect acting on the increased CO2 in the Earth's atmosphere because of this:"
And you have no evidence that would lead you to that conclusion. At least you still haven't provided any on this forum. So feel free any time to put up that information and share with the class.

As for the people of California, the problem with your statement is that you keep using the term drought and accusing global warming. Again, you have no basis for the claim. So until you provide that basis you keep posting up your opinion that isn't supported.

U.S. Drought Monitor

U.S. Drought Monitor U.S. Drought Portal

California Drought

Mr. SeaPony, whether you wish to believe it or not, California is suffering from a drought that has existed for the last four years. In fact, that drought now extends to the whole west of the Rockies.
with no evidence that it is due to global warming. hmmmmm?

And if I read SeaPony's post correctly, he is merely pointing out the affects of the drought conditions would not have to impact the people had those said politicians done the right thing with their water. So the affects today are due to the lack of action by the politicians. right?

California may have too many people and may have failed to properly design their water system, but they are most assuredly suffering a drought

Yes. Drought can be independently observed and verified.

and that drought was made more likely and likely to be more severe by climate change.

And that is where you devolve into a religious belief.

Why do you put up regional data against global data? Do you not understand the difference?
Why did they feel the need to change the data to give people like you the Hockey Stick? They change data to fit their agenda, so their creditability is shot to hell............................................................................................................................
Your selling tainted goods.................................

Hawaii doesn't represent the earth then does it..........................

Actually, it does. The Keeling curve data was originallly collected from the summit of Mauna Loa where, beginning in 1958, it samples air moving across the Pacific. Keeling originally took data from Big Sur near Monterey, the rain forests of Olympic Peninsula, and high mountain forests in Arizona and the South Pole. Funding cuts forced him to abandon collections at the South Pole but the Mauna Loa observatory has made continuous observations since Keeling began them in 1958. Due to their significance, NOAA took over the effort in the 1970s and takes CO2 measurements at over 100 locations worldwide

Neither does a few trees.

That should have said "neither do a few trees". What few trees would that be?

Neither does changing the data and caught lying about it.

Please show us where anyone has been caught lying about changing data. Anyone. Anywhere.

The GW cult manipulated the data and got caught doing so.

The holders of the world's temperature datasets have done their utmost to establish the accuracy of their data. That has involved making corrections. Those corrections have invariably been done publicly and fully explained. The world's climate scientists, whose life's work depend on the accuracy of those data, have not voiced a single concern about the necessity or correctness of those adjustments. Your statement is thus a complete lie.

and still people push the HOCKEY stick from cutting the trees and saying SEE WE TOLD YA.

Hockey stick-shaped graphs of temperature are still valid because that is what the world's temperature has done.

Lying about it and repeating the Lies is utter BS and just hurts your cause.

The only one lying in this post is you. If you believe otherwise, show us why. Identify specifically what information you're talking about and prove your charge of lying.

Otherwise, withdraw your charge. And if you can not or will not provide supporting evidence and you will not withdraw the charges (which is precisely what I expect) we will all know you for what you are.

What's your point Frank?

You told us the floods in Texas were caused by your God, the CO2 molecule, remember?

No, I do not remember that because I never said any such thing. I stated that there was a possibility that global warming was responsible for increasing the likelihood of such an event taking place and for increasing its intensity or duration.

Forum List

Back