California rocked by two earthquakes within minutes five miles apart fear of larger quake imminent

I hope the "big one" rattles just enough for everybody's dishes to break. I don't know why. I just want everyone in California to have to buy new dishes.

A 5.8 isn't that big. It might feel like it if you're at the epicenter but it takes a 6 and a half or 7 to do any major damage.

Now are you talking about the earthquakes or is it the mud slides, raging fires, sinking land, or the damns ready to burst?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's not right to wish broken dishes on anyone. I have a huge collection of Franciscan Ivy "china" [it's ceramic] on display that'd be a real shame to lose. I quit the ivy pattern (both my Franciscan's and Corelle's Callaway) some ages ago and I inherited my grandmothers [real, bone] china, Shelly no less), but I can't seem to find anyone with a "proper respect" to give/sell the Franciscan Ivy to. My boys have zero interest, the eldest daughter doesn't like the pattern, and I've no granddaughters as of yet. ~sigh~ Anyway, I do love historical pieces, and the Franciscan Ivy pattern in particular is real "Americana." It was designed in 1948 and was produced until the early-mid 1950s, it is commonly known as the "I Love Lucy" pattern. [I keep the Shelly inside a special padded china bag set on a sturdy shelf so I don't worry about it breaking]

Forum List

Back