Frack-happy Oklahoma rocked by 20 earthquakes in just one day

Fracking causes earthquakes!!
Farting cows cause global warming!!
Exhaling is a green house gas!!!!
It's amazing how progress and scientific advancements further human knowledge, ain't it, Z?

Oklahoma has a long history of seismic activity that predates fracking. Do I need to remind you that "Correlation is not causation"? You seem to have forgotten...
Yes, but their seismic activity barely registered, and did not cause the damage we are seeing now. The strength and number of earthquakes has increased due to fracking.

It's amazing how progress and scientific advancements further human knowledge, ain't it, Z?

Oklahoma has a long history of seismic activity that predates fracking. Do I need to remind you that "Correlation is not causation"? You seem to have forgotten...
Yes, but their seismic activity barely registered, and did not cause the damage we are seeing now. The strength and number of earthquakes has increased due to fracking.

What damage? No one has posted a shred of evidence that any damage has occurred or that anyone has died or been injured.

No it hasn't. The original claim is that disposal wells do. There is a difference between disposal wells, and newly drilled wells hydraulically stimulated to produce oil and gas.

Sometime after the May 22, 2011 tornado in Joplin, I was living in Commerce, Oklahoma--just outside of Miami.
I had a cat named Maggie May and she poofed out, frantically darting from room to room.
I thought it was kind of funny, until a few minutes later an earthquake started shaking the walls of my apartment, knocking pictures off the wall.
I found myself doing the same thing my cat did just minutes beforehand, then I stood in the middle of a doorframe.
The quake had lasted 2-3 minutes maybe.

2011 Oklahoma earthquake - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Sometime after the May 22, 2011 tornado in Joplin, I was living in Commerce, Oklahoma--just outside of Miami.
I had a cat named Maggie May and she poofed out, frantically darting from room to room.
I thought it was kind of funny, until a few minutes later an earthquake started shaking the walls of my apartment, knocking pictures off the wall.
I found myself doing the same thing my cat did just minutes beforehand, then I stood in the middle of a doorframe.

2011 is before the fracking boom got in high gear, isn't it?

I'm unsure.
I was just informing you that there was a pretty strong earthquake that did cause damage, even if it was minimal.

I'm unsure.
I was just informing you that there was a pretty strong earthquake that did cause damage, even if it was minimal.

If it wasn't caused by fracking, then it's irrelevant to this discussion.

I'm unsure.

Like I said, I'm unsure if it was caused by fracking.

Two chunks of rock moving in relation to each other in an intermittent fashion. Are you seriously suggesting that you don't know what an earthquake/seismic event even IS?
you are claiming these are all-natural, having nothing to do with fracking?

Synth, there are two issues. One is called fracking, and one is called salt water disposal injection. Fracking, the process of ballooning a deep shale in order to get oil and/or gas out creates such small seismic activity that hyper-sensitive listening devices have to be deployed to even find it. Re-injecting produced water, on the other hand, can lubricate existing faults and prematurely release earth quake stresses. Those are the ones that people can feel.

What "damage?"

None of the quakes are claimed to be from fracking, but from disposal wells. Which have been doing their thing in Oklahoma probably longer than anyone on this forum has been alive.

Forum List

Back