California rocked by two earthquakes within minutes five miles apart fear of larger quake imminent

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
California has been rocked by an earthquake measure 5.8 magnitudes, with a 5.0 shock following just minutes later in a day of seismic activity along the Ring of Fire which has put Californians on alert for the Big One. The most recent quake happened at 5.24pm GMT, or 9.24am local time, in the so-classed “ring of fire”. Initially USGS reported two earthquakes in the space of 15 seconds at 5.24pm, however, this was later amended to reflect just one quake, with a magnitude of 5.0. The previous quake happened just an

California rocked by two earthquakes within minutes five miles apart, Fears of larger quake imminent
----------------------------------------
Oh never fear this bs happens all the time the warnings keep coming but hey whatever just be glad you don't live there when it does happen..

You should be nervous with these Asteroids passing by , those cause quakes very often LOL..

And no i'm not flippen worried I could care less it's there for information and things are getting shady because of many things take it or leave it .

• Banned
Didn't feel a thing.

Maybe to far out
upload_2018-1-25_12-42-17.png

Californians have been bracing for the big one for the last 100 years at least.....the last big one i experienced was the 6.7 one last century..... that got people talking for a few days.......

• Banned
Californians have been bracing for the big one for the last 100 years at least.....the last big one i experienced was the 6.7 one last century..... that got people talking for a few days.......

The uptick is more than usual, not saying they haven't been saying the big one for a long time but if people looked at the maps , and saw how many have been taking place, the volcanoes etc, things are getting shady , does it mean the big one will hit today of course not but again there is un-usal activity taking place OUTSIDE of the normal. Seem people can't seem to get that issue . where things are a bit abnormal.

The uptick is more than usual, not saying they haven't been saying the big one for a long time but if people looked at the maps , and saw how many have been taking place, the volcanoes etc, things are getting shady , does it mean the big one will hit today of course not but again there is un-usal activity taking place OUTSIDE of the normal. Seem people can't seem to get that issue . where things are a bit abnormal.
what you dont understand is that people in California are geared to expect quakes and what to do if it happens, just like people in Florida are with Hurricanes.....if the "big" one hits,it hits, and you deal with it...

what you dont understand is that people in California are geared to expect quakes and what to do if it happens, just like people in Florida are with Hurricanes.....if the "big" one hits,it hits, and you deal with it...
An earthquake in California is nowhere near as devastating as an earthquake in say Haiti, Iran, anywhere where building standards are low.

An earthquake in California is nowhere near as devastating as an earthquake in say Haiti, Iran, anywhere where building standards are low.
yep.....the most damage from the Landers quake were the old 1950-60's buildings,the newer ones not much.....

I mean g.d there is crap loads of huge earthquakes lol

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-25_12-51-44.png
    upload_2018-1-25_12-51-44.png
    191.7 KB · Views: 51
There is nothing unusual taking place.

You did the same thing last year. You just love the idea of catastrophe.

I didn't feel it either.

Mythbusters did a test based on the 1906 SF quake, 7.9Mag. Modern building standards since the like 70s can hang on no problem; the far bigger danger is from falling crap than building collapse. If you're in a non-reinforced brick or cinder block house you've got about 15s to get the fuck out of dodge. Buyer beware heh

Shake & Quake Earthquake Safety | MythBusters

From my safe distance, California earthquakes started to get run-of-the-mill in my thought. Then the World Series Earthquake of 1989 as no other brought it to the living room as events unfolded live.

Forum List

Back