Awakening seismic activity raises concerns of major quake in California

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
A freak spate of deadly earthquakes that rattled several regions in the Pacific has sparked fears California could be next. A series of powerful quakes struck countries in a tremor danger zone known as the Ring of Fire this week. A magnitude 7.1 earthquake devastated Mexico, killing at least 273, on Tuesday followed

Awakening Seismic Activity Raises Concerns Of Major Quake In California
----------------------------------------------------------

Ambae volcano in Vanuatu erupts, 5000 Ordered to Evacuate

DEVELOPING: Mount Agung in Indonesia rocked by 300 tremors in six hours

ALERT: Pacific “Ring Of Fire” Unleashing More Earthquakes

More quakes, more volcanoes seems with all these things popping off that super volcano gets closer and closer to popping off sure in the hell hope not.

A freak spate of deadly earthquakes that rattled several regions in the Pacific has sparked fears California could be next. A series of powerful quakes struck countries in a tremor danger zone known as the Ring of Fire this week. A magnitude 7.1 earthquake devastated Mexico, killing at least 273, on Tuesday followed

More quakes, more volcanoes seems with all these things popping off that super volcano gets closer and closer to popping off sure in the hell hope not.

Here's how earthquake happen.

Why Do Earthquakes Happen?

In California we are all educated in how earthquakes happen and we expect one, even a big one, at any time. We get constant PSAs on earthquake supplies and how to deal with what might happen. We are not surprised or frightened by earthquakes.

I have lived here most all of my life and been in the 1957 earth quake and the 89 quake and loma prieta. I love rock and roll so much better than twisting. Earthquakes take 7 or 10 seconds and poof there done.

Nature is a bitch, isn't she?
Of course, I'm sure some more...religious types would attribute major devastation in Cali to be their lord's vengeance for sinful living.
No, just the worlds, predictions in the bible is coming true. You non believers call it global cooling, global warming, or climate change. Call it what you want, but God will take us before anything else you come up with.

I have lived here most all of my life and been in the 1957 earth quake and the 89 quake and loma prieta. I love rock and roll so much better than twisting. Earthquakes take 7 or 10 seconds and poof there done.
I wish you were correct, but you are not. Some last as long as 5 minutes.

1964 Alaska earthquake - Wikipedia

Lasting four minutes and thirty-eight seconds, the magnitude 9.2 megathrust earthquake was the most powerful recorded in North American history, and the second most powerful recorded in world history. Soil liquefaction, fissures, landslides, and other ground failures caused major structural damage in several communities and much damage to property. Anchorage sustained great destruction or damage to many inadequately earthquake engineered houses, buildings, and infrastructure (paved streets, sidewalks, water and sewer mains, electrical systems, and other man-made equipment), particularly in the several landslide zones along Knik Arm. Two hundred miles southwest, some areas near Kodiak were permanently raised by 30 feet (9.1 m). Southeast of Anchorage, areas around the head of Turnagain Arm near Girdwood and Portage dropped as much as 8 feet (2.4 m), requiring reconstruction and fill to raise the Seward Highway above the new high tide mark.

Here's how earthquake happen.

Why Do Earthquakes Happen?

In California we are all educated in how earthquakes happen and we expect one, even a big one, at any time. We get constant PSAs on earthquake supplies and how to deal with what might happen. We are not surprised or frightened by earthquakes.
Well, something that we agree on. Yes, living on the West Coast, earthquakes are a fact of life. And we have more building built to withstand them than any other area in the nation. It is in the center of the nation that they are not at all prepared. The New Madrid quake should have been a warning. But it has been ignored, and that area will pay dearly for that sometime in the future.

I wish you were correct, but you are not. Some last as long as 5 minutes.

1964 Alaska earthquake - Wikipedia

Lasting four minutes and thirty-eight seconds, the magnitude 9.2 megathrust earthquake was the most powerful recorded in North American history, and the second most powerful recorded in world history. Soil liquefaction, fissures, landslides, and other ground failures caused major structural damage in several communities and much damage to property. Anchorage sustained great destruction or damage to many inadequately earthquake engineered houses, buildings, and infrastructure (paved streets, sidewalks, water and sewer mains, electrical systems, and other man-made equipment), particularly in the several landslide zones along Knik Arm. Two hundred miles southwest, some areas near Kodiak were permanently raised by 30 feet (9.1 m). Southeast of Anchorage, areas around the head of Turnagain Arm near Girdwood and Portage dropped as much as 8 feet (2.4 m), requiring reconstruction and fill to raise the Seward Highway above the new high tide mark.
There is an exception to be found. I did not feel that quake as it happened many thousands of miles away.

Of course, I'm sure some more...religious types would attribute major devastation in Cali to be their lord's vengeance for sinful living.
No, just the worlds, predictions in the bible is coming true. You non believers call it global cooling, global warming, or climate change. Call it what you want, but God will take us before anything else you come up with.
Which god? The muslims or the catholics or the baptists or the aboriginals or the one no one likes?

Which god? The muslims or the catholics or the baptists or the aboriginals or the one no one likes?
There is only one God.

There is only one God.
What about all the false gods? Like the god who created your god for instances.

There is only one God.
What about all the false gods? Like the god who created your god for instances.
I guess you think you got here from a big bang? What created the bang?

Anyone else remember the Obama Earthquake a few years ago where the epicenter was in VA?

New Topics

Forum List

Back