California man ordered to pay more than $27,000 for ...

Six months in the slammer, twenty-seven thousand dollars, and lifetime enrollment on the sex-offender's list will (1) give him adequate time to think about when a prank becomes a sex offense and why he will not ever do that again (2) show him that his life savings are what it costs to do such a stupid thing and (3) ensure that most good people will never speak to him again for an unspeakable crime he committed before he realized what a stupid thing he did to someone else.

Yeah, it probably isn't enough, as strolling-bones said, but the court's job is to use punishments as a method of getting the criminal off the streets before he has a chance to re-offend; of changing the undesirable behavior in order to prevent future similar behaviors; and of compensating the victim as best it can.

Those three items were met to the best of the court's ability to mete out justice.

We don't have to like justice in order to accomplish justice, but I think in the case of a truly stupid prankster who doesn't have a clue what he did, he now knows exactly how poor society looks upon the type of crime he committed.

imho, justice was served. I think the offender won't do anything even remotely like that again. If he does, the re-offense measure would be to remove him from public forever.

And what would be justice if this happened to you?

strollingbones said:
Hi, you have received -715 reputation points from strollingbones.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
you are one of the most distainful posters on here

Regards,
strollingbones

Note: This is an automated message.

And you are one of the anti-semitic supporters. No guts to post in here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-m...patterns-within-muslim-world-post4095125.html

but guts to neg and run away. Come on bones, show your backbone. After you have a few tokes that is.

Unless you forget... :thup:

Neg back for your neg by the way.

show my backbone? does that mean i have to response to all threads i read? what does that mean? i read a lot of threads that i dont comment on......unlike you i dont feel the need to comment and show how wonderful i am....as for the tokes ....a few might help you....you seem to think that anyone who disagrees with you is anti semantic....being anti stupid does not make one anti semantic....

now why dont you reveal your real hate for me.....you cant control me...you cant control who i talk to or who i am friends with....which from your actions is apparently what you like to do....

ropey take your self serving ass and pull your head out of it.

odd how you post my negs of you but never mention your negs of me.....you are a sad little man who apparently has little confidence and considers posting on a message board a big fucking deal.....

What a sick jerk. He should be serving plenty of time in the slammer.

As for BDB's comment about someone else blaming the victim, I don't blame the victim, but I sure as hell don't drink out of a water bottle that has something floating in it. I might understand better if it were a can of soda, but I generally look in my water bottle before I take a sip.

Immie

As for BDB's comment about someone else blaming the victim, I don't blame the victim, but I sure as hell don't drink out of a water bottle that has something floating in it. I might understand better if it were a can of soda, but I generally look in my water bottle before I take a sip.

Immie

Seriously? Why? I don't - my water bottle is not see-through. I assume the same is true of the woman in question.

When I was in basic training in the Military one guy got sent back 2 weeks in training for pissing in the dorm leaders canteen, I never thought that was enough punishment, if someones that foul to do something like that he needs to be sent packing.

Immie

Seriously? Why? I don't - my water bottle is not see-through. I assume the same is true of the woman in question.

I assume that it is a bottle of Dasani or something like that, but you may be right, she may have poured water into a sipper cup.

Again, the guy deserves to be put in prison for a long time. Long enough that his thing is shriveled up and dead before he can do this again.

Immie

Forum List

Back