California Man arrested by FBI for Allegedly Threatening Boston Globe

Wow.....................looks like some of the people who were scared that Trump's inflammatory speech against the media is paying dividends in the form of people threatening more news papers.

Seems that some guy got upset with the media's attack on Trump, and decided to call the Boston Globe and threatened to come over at 4:00 and shoot all of them in the head, because of the attacks and lies the media has done against Trump.

And you thought nobody would listen to Trump and decide to shoot up a news office. Looks like you were wrong. If Trump keeps up with his rhetoric against the media, expect more incidents like this, because some of his followers are seriously unhinged. What's even worse is this idiot is from California, and was willing to cross the country to kill journalists.

Man threatened to kill newspaper staff over Trump editorials - news - Suddenlink

BOSTON (AP) — A California man upset about The Boston Globe's coordinated editorial response to President Donald Trump's attacks on the news media was arrested Thursday for threatening to travel to the newspaper's offices and kill journalists, whom he called the "enemy of the people," federal prosecutors said.

Prosecutors say 68-year-old Robert Chain's threatening phone calls to the Globe's newsroom started immediately after the Globe appealed to newspapers across the country to condemn what it called a "dirty war against the free press."

The day the editorials were published , Chain, of Encino, told a Globe staffer that he was going to shoot employees in the head at 4 o'clock, according to court documents. That threat prompted a police response and increased security at the newspaper's offices.

After the editorials ran, authorities say Chain said he would continue threatening the Globe, The New York Times and "other fake news" as long as they continue their "treasonous and seditious acts" in attacking Trump.

Several times, he called Globe employees the "enemy of the people," a characterization of journalists that Trump has used in the past.

It was not immediately clear if Chain has an attorney. A person listed as a relative of Chain didn't immediately return a phone message.

Prosecutors say he's expected to appear in Los Angeles' federal court Thursday and be transferred to Boston at a later date. He's charged with making threatening communications in interstate commerce, which calls for up to five years in prison.
Somebody needs to stop the lying scum.

jumpagainsttrump.jpg

Wait, wait, something fishy here. "A California man"

Nope. Sounds like a lefty hit job, check his social media :p

Wow.....................looks like some of the people who were scared that Trump's inflammatory speech against the media is paying dividends in the form of people threatening more news papers.

Seems that some guy got upset with the media's attack on Trump, and decided to call the Boston Globe and threatened to come over at 4:00 and shoot all of them in the head, because of the attacks and lies the media has done against Trump.

And you thought nobody would listen to Trump and decide to shoot up a news office. Looks like you were wrong. If Trump keeps up with his rhetoric against the media, expect more incidents like this, because some of his followers are seriously unhinged. What's even worse is this idiot is from California, and was willing to cross the country to kill journalists.

Man threatened to kill newspaper staff over Trump editorials - news - Suddenlink

BOSTON (AP) — A California man upset about The Boston Globe's coordinated editorial response to President Donald Trump's attacks on the news media was arrested Thursday for threatening to travel to the newspaper's offices and kill journalists, whom he called the "enemy of the people," federal prosecutors said.

Prosecutors say 68-year-old Robert Chain's threatening phone calls to the Globe's newsroom started immediately after the Globe appealed to newspapers across the country to condemn what it called a "dirty war against the free press."

The day the editorials were published , Chain, of Encino, told a Globe staffer that he was going to shoot employees in the head at 4 o'clock, according to court documents. That threat prompted a police response and increased security at the newspaper's offices.

After the editorials ran, authorities say Chain said he would continue threatening the Globe, The New York Times and "other fake news" as long as they continue their "treasonous and seditious acts" in attacking Trump.

Several times, he called Globe employees the "enemy of the people," a characterization of journalists that Trump has used in the past

It was not immediately clear if Chain has an attorney. A person listed as a relative of Chain didn't immediately return a phone message.

Prosecutors say he's expected to appear in Los Angeles' federal court Thursday and be transferred to Boston at a later date. He's charged with making threatening communications in interstate commerce, which calls for up to five years in prison.

He made phone calls.......meanwhile antifa and black lives matter riot and beat people, a bernie sanders supporter tried to murder the entire Republican baseball team, a left winger tried to assassinate Trump.... so...sure....Trump is the problem....

Now go and actually find something truthful to post.

I’m glad they got him.

I would love to see where Trump has ever told anyone to physically attack the press, or to threaten them with harm...

I’ll be waiting.

Claudette said:
LMAO This guy is from California so I'm sure he's not a Trump supporter.
Even If He Is
Maxine Waters Now Has A Grand Total Of:

...one

A Doddering Old Geezer
That Made Verbal Threats
From 3 Thousand Miles Away Over The Phone
Not In A Restauraunt
Not On The Street
Not Actually Gunning Up Baseball Games
Murdering Cops, Etc....

Trump has labeled the press in America 'the enemy of the people' for so long, who the Hell didn't see this coming?

Trump is influencing brain dead Americans to do stupid shit & it will get worse.

Then you would be wrong.

If you had bothered to look up the facts you would know that trump got 4,483,810 votes in California.

If you were honest you would never accuse the crazy person of not being a trump supporter.

No person who doesn't support trump thinks that the media is the enemy of the people. People who don't support trump don't call a newspaper to threaten people's lives because they are upset with the honest reports on trump.

That very disturbed person is one of that over 4 million trump voters in California.

California Presidential Race Results: Hillary Clinton Wins

Trump has labeled the press in America 'the enemy of the people' for so long, who the Hell didn't see this coming?

Trump is influencing brain dead Americans to do stupid shit & it will get worse.

And you know this how??

And you know it isn't so? How??

I know it because I bothered to look up the facts.

You just don't want honest facts.

There were over 4 million Californian's who voted for trump. Not everyone in that state is liberal even though liberals are the majority.

No liberal is going to call the Boston Globe to threaten their lives. No liberal is going to call the media the enemy of the people. No liberal is going to be upset with the honest reporting the Globe does of trump.

Give me good reasons why any liberal would be upset with all the honest reporting the Globe has been doing in regard to trump. Then give me good reasons why any liberal wouldn't want the Globe to exercise their constitutional right to speak freely to publish facts on all the crimes and lies trump has committed.

So cut the denial and garbage.

Y'know Skylar, I'm worried that if Trump keeps up with this rhetoric against the media, more incidents like this are bound to happen.

Only next time, there might be a whole bunch of bodies.

Y'know Skylar, I'm worried that if Trump keeps up with this rhetoric against the media, more incidents like this are bound to happen.

Only next time, there might be a whole bunch of bodies.

The man arrested certainly threatened to shoot some people. He even gave an exact time for his shooting, with the police showing up to guard the building.

And promised to continue to threaten the Boston Globe staff as long as they continued to attack the President.

Forum List

Back