California Man arrested by FBI for Allegedly Threatening Boston Globe

Sound like a nut to me.

Who the hell threatens the Boston Globe??

A nut. That's who.

Trump has labeled the press in America 'the enemy of the people' for so long, who the Hell didn't see this coming?

Trump is influencing brain dead Americans to do stupid shit & it will get worse.

Trump has labeled the press in America 'the enemy of the people' for so long, who the Hell didn't see this coming?

Trump is influencing brain dead Americans to do stupid shit & it will get worse.

LMAO This guy is from California so I'm sure he's not a Trump supporter.

• Banned

So you're sure......:71:

I have 2 Drumpf supporters on my block here in CA.

You sure are lucky.
Not really. They are the only neighbors on the block that continually do stupid shit.

Wow.....................looks like some of the people who were scared that Trump's inflammatory speech against the media is paying dividends in the form of people threatening more news papers.

Seems that some guy got upset with the media's attack on Trump, and decided to call the Boston Globe and threatened to come over at 4:00 and shoot all of them in the head, because of the attacks and lies the media has done against Trump.

And you thought nobody would listen to Trump and decide to shoot up a news office. Looks like you were wrong. If Trump keeps up with his rhetoric against the media, expect more incidents like this, because some of his followers are seriously unhinged. What's even worse is this idiot is from California, and was willing to cross the country to kill journalists.

Man threatened to kill newspaper staff over Trump editorials - news - Suddenlink

BOSTON (AP) — A California man upset about The Boston Globe's coordinated editorial response to President Donald Trump's attacks on the news media was arrested Thursday for threatening to travel to the newspaper's offices and kill journalists, whom he called the "enemy of the people," federal prosecutors said.

Prosecutors say 68-year-old Robert Chain's threatening phone calls to the Globe's newsroom started immediately after the Globe appealed to newspapers across the country to condemn what it called a "dirty war against the free press."

The day the editorials were published , Chain, of Encino, told a Globe staffer that he was going to shoot employees in the head at 4 o'clock, according to court documents. That threat prompted a police response and increased security at the newspaper's offices.

After the editorials ran, authorities say Chain said he would continue threatening the Globe, The New York Times and "other fake news" as long as they continue their "treasonous and seditious acts" in attacking Trump.

Several times, he called Globe employees the "enemy of the people," a characterization of journalists that Trump has used in the past.

It was not immediately clear if Chain has an attorney. A person listed as a relative of Chain didn't immediately return a phone message.

Prosecutors say he's expected to appear in Los Angeles' federal court Thursday and be transferred to Boston at a later date. He's charged with making threatening communications in interstate commerce, which calls for up to five years in prison.

Forum List

Back