California Is First State to Ban Trans Fats

Besides the obvious "let them die if they wish" rationale, why would you want to be against the ban?

It's true what I said, btw. Arsenic was once used to treat disease.

Simple--people should be free to do what they want to themselves.

Besides the obvious "let them die if they wish" rationale, why would you want to be against the ban?

because government should not be getting so far into our lives they can tell us what we can and can't eat. This is the kind of stuff Conservatives are talking about when they say Liberals want to control every part of our lives. If people want to eat stuff that is bad for them, let em. We do not need the government to tell us it is bad for us.

because government should not be getting so far into our lives they can tell us what we can and can't eat. This is the kind of stuff Conservatives are talking about when they say Liberals want to control every part of our lives. If people want to eat stuff that is bad for them, let em. We do not need the government to tell us it is bad for us.

I'll ask this again:

WHERE IN THE ARTICLE DOES IT SAY LIBERALS MADE THIS DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused::question:

I'll ask this again:

WHERE IN THE ARTICLE DOES IT SAY LIBERALS MADE THIS DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused::question:

Maybe here?

Trans fats are also linked to obesity, and the bill’s author, Tony Mendoza, a Democratic assemblyman and former fourth-grade teacher from Southern California, said he had been inspired by the number of obese children he saw in school.

After all ..... all democrats are liberals, right :confused: lol At least that is my impression. :eusa_eh:

Maybe here?

After all ..... all democrats are liberals, right :confused: lol At least that is my impression. :eusa_eh:

OK, the BILLS AUTHOR is a Dem, but who signed it into law?

The Terminator!

That's why I'm confused? He's a Republican, though I guess that's now "liberal" too according to some.

If you want to label me, I think of myself as an Independent, but I'm voting for Obama in November. My fiancee likes to call me a liberal conservative!

Well AllieBaba, I must be getting confused in my old age. I read this in the article:

Now, please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Terminator a REPUBLICAN? That's why I'm getting confused on your rant on liberals taking away our freedoms.

He is a republican in name only. His wife is a life long democrat,you remember, a member of the Kennedy clan? They helped elect him.

Come on out to California ... I have some nice California central valley property to sell you. If we could have sold our house two years ago we would be living in Washington state near Seattle, like happy campers, right now! :D

I bet the dinner table conversation between Arnold and Maria .... gets real lively since she is a "Kennedy" ya know! lol :eusa_angel:

Washington is no better politically. They are fast approaching California on the idiots table of legislation. They are a wanna be California.

Was born there and had planned to return when I retired, until the massive liberal shift in the Government. King County is the Worst.

I'll ask this again:

I think CA95380 just answered your question.

As far as the Terminator signing it into law, you do understand that Republicans can be Liberal too right? Arnold is a very liberal Republican, which often earns him the title of RINO. I am sure you know what that means right.

Do you really think a truly conservative Republican would have won in California?

Last edited:
I think CA95380 just answered your question.

As far as the Terminator signing it into law, you do understand that Republicans can be Liberal too right? Arnold is a very liberal Republican, which often earns him the title of RINO. I am sure you know what that means right.

Do you really think a truly conservative Republican would have won in California?

So if he's so liberal, why didn't he just run as a Democrat?

Errrrrr .... well no! If they are that .... in California ........ then they have to dress in .... drag! :eusa_shhh:

:eusa_angel: Your welcome, for the link. :eusa_angel:

OK, my head hurts,it's 1 in the morning here granny, and I give up!

Have a nice night, it's only 10 there, right?

Why??? Because he doesn't like Democrats .... but Maria Shriver is HOT!!! :D At least my husband thinks she is. :lol:

Well, my generation's hope for being President someday was John F. Kennedy Jr., but sadly he was taken from us far too young. He had the makings of something great, but what it could have been we will never know. :(

Forum List

Back