California Is First State to Ban Trans Fats

Manuel

Jan 7, 2008
Sydney
California became the first state in the nation to place a ban on trans fats in restaurants and retail baked goods Friday when Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a bill to phase out their use over the next few years. Under the new law, the artificial fats must be excised from restaurants beginning in 2010, and from all retail baked goods by 2011.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/26/us/26fats.html?hp

California became the first state in the nation to place a ban on trans fats in restaurants and retail baked goods Friday when Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a bill to phase out their use over the next few years. Under the new law, the artificial fats must be excised from restaurants beginning in 2010, and from all retail baked goods by 2011.

Some will call this decision a "nanny state" law, others will applaud it for helping people eat healthier.

They can still buy food with trans fat at the store though, right? People have to have their twinkies and ding-dongs, right?

It's sort of funny...while many rabid liberals are conservative in their own lives, they insist on laws which control every aspect of the lives of those who aren't just like themselves.

Then they turn around and accuse true conservatives of doing exactly that, when true conservatives think that everyone should be able to shit in their own bed and lay in it, if that's what they want...though they themselves don't choose to do that.

In other words, libs think they should control others....and then accuse republicans and conservatives of doing exactly that, when it's the exact opposite of what right wingers want or vote.

Kinda interesting insight into the twisted and tyrannical minds of lefties.

It's sort of funny...while many rabid liberals are conservative in their own lives, they insist on laws which control every aspect of the lives of those who aren't just like themselves.

Then they turn around and accuse true conservatives of doing exactly that, when true conservatives think that everyone should be able to shit in their own bed and lay in it, if that's what they want...though they themselves don't choose to do that.

In other words, libs think they should control others....and then accuse republicans and conservatives of doing exactly that, when it's the exact opposite of what right wingers want or vote.

Kinda interesting insight into the twisted and tyrannical minds of lefties.

You got all that out of this article?

Wow!

Liberals like to think of themselves as the protectors of freedom...I wonder how limiting our access to food increases our freedom?

Or limiting our access to fuel, for that matter?

Liberals like to think of themselves as the protectors of freedom...I wonder how limiting our access to food increases our freedom?

Was that in the article too? I didn't see that part.

Doesn't surprise me, since I live in California. It's not like we have nothing more to worry about than "trans fats" when our Governor has things like San Francisco being a "safe haven" ...

upsidedown.jpg

.... & student protest marches flying the Mexican flag above the United States flag, and allowing gay marriages when we voted against it and parents trying to get the Pledge of Allegiance banned and, and, and..... trans fats are important to YUPPIES!

Sometimes I feel like we are already living in a foreign country called California!

I'll be the first one to advocate cutting bad fats out of your diet, but why should anyone mandate it?

Why should one DIME be spent restricting idiots from inhaling lard?

Shit like this flies in the face of the phrase "Only in America".

It USED to be "Only in America" where you would expect people to be FREE to eat what they want.

Well AllieBaba, I must be getting confused in my old age. I read this in the article:

California, a national trendsetter in all matters edible, became the first state to ban trans fats in restaurants when Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a bill Friday to phase out their use over the next few years.

Now, please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Terminator a REPUBLICAN? That's why I'm getting confused on your rant on liberals taking away our freedoms.

Well AllieBaba, I must be getting confused in my old age. I read this in the article:

Now, please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Terminator a REPUBLICAN? That's why I'm getting confused on your rant on liberals taking away our freedoms.

Yes Echo .... he is a Republican and I voted for him too. Another of my errors. :D

Yes Echo .... he is a Republican and I voted for him too. Another of my errors. :D

Now why don't you like the Terminator? I think he has some good ideas, he is dedicated to physical fitness in children, is still involved in Special Olympics, and can crush a can of peas on his skull! Who doesn't like that?

Now why don't you like the Terminator? I think he has some good ideas, he is dedicated to physical fitness in children, is still involved in Special Olympics, and can crush a can of peas on his skull! Who doesn't like that?

Come on out to California ... I have some nice California central valley property to sell you. If we could have sold our house two years ago we would be living in Washington state near Seattle, like happy campers, right now! :D

I bet the dinner table conversation between Arnold and Maria .... gets real lively since she is a "Kennedy" ya know! lol :eusa_angel:

Come on. Republican and conservative are two different things anymore.

Arnold is just another liberal tool put in place to move the Republican party farther left.

It isn't exactly a food, so I'm having a hard time seeing what is wrong with banning it from retail products. We can't put arsenic in our twinkies either.

Though I've got to say, my mom is having a fit because Crisco no longer contains trans fat and it is no longer possible for her to make a flaky pie crust.

It isn't exactly a food, so I'm having a hard time seeing what is wrong with banning it from retail products. We can't put arsenic in our twinkies either.

Though I've got to say, my mom is having a fit because Crisco no longer contains trans fat and it is no longer possible for her to make a flaky pie crust.

so true---Arsenic and trans fat are nearly identical. :lol:

Forum List

Back