California Is First State to Ban Trans Fats

As usual California is ahead of the rest of the country. It should be banned in every state.

I can only imagine what it would be like to live in CA

let's see they want to put remote controlled thermostats in your home

now they want to police your refrigerator.

I just imagine waking up and having the state lunch lady announcing on my government installed speaker PA system what the state will allow me to eat today.

"Good morning prisoners of the great state of California. Today the temperature will be 100 degrees fahrenheit and your thermostat will be set at 90 degrees.

Breakfast today will be a soy bean omelet with vegetarian bacon and tasteless whole grain toast with state approved butter substitute...."

View attachment 5833

Last edited:
Um, I eat that stuff.....well, I don't put soy beans in my omelets, but I LOVE vegetarian BLT's!

Try one sometime, delish!

no thanks. that vegetarian crap is just as processed as a twinkie

Ingredients:
EGG WHITES, SOYBEAN OIL WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS, TEXTURED SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, WHEAT GLUTEN, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (CORN GLUTEN, WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY), CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF GLYCERIN, SALT, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, SODIUM CITRATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, SUGAR, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS FROM NON-MEAT SOURCES, TORULA YEAST, CARAMEL COLOR, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM TRIPOLYPHOSPHATE, NATURAL SMOKE FLAVOR, MALIC ACID, GUAR GUM, YEAST EXTRACT, LOCUST BEAN AND GUAR GUM, SODIUM SULFITE, CARRAGEENAN, RED #3, DISODIUM INOSINATE, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, NIACINAMIDE, IRON [FERROUS SULFATE], AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, NONFAT DRY MILK, YELLOW #6, VITAMIN B1 [THIAMIN MONONITRATE], VITAMIN B6 [PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE], VITAMIN B2 [RIBOFLAVIN], CITRIC ACID, CYANOCOBALAMIN.

mmmm all natural.

twinkie ingredients

Polysorbate 60, wheat flour, bleach, enrichment blend (ferrous sulfate and B vitamins – niacin, thiamine mononitrate, (B1) riboflaven (B2), folic acid), sugar, corn sweeteners, corn syrup (dextrose, glucose, high-fructose corn syrup), corn thickeners (cornstarch, modified cornstarch, corn dextrins, corn flour), water, soy (partially hydrogenated vegetable and/or animal shortening, soy lecithin, and soy protein isolate), eggs, cellulose gum, whey, leavenings, baking soda, phosphates (sodium acid pyrophosphate and monocalcium phosphate), salt, mono and diglycerides, natural and artificial flavours, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium and calcium caseinate, calcium sulfate, sorbic acid, and last but not least, FD&C yellow no. 5 and red no. 40.

how can something "good for you" have an ingredient list just as long as something "bad for you"?

I like to eat food with just one ingredient on the label.

you know like apples but i certainly don't want the government telling me what to eat.

no thanks. that vegetarian crap is just as processed as a twinkie

Ingredients:
EGG WHITES, SOYBEAN OIL WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS, TEXTURED SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, WHEAT GLUTEN, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (CORN GLUTEN, WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY), CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF GLYCERIN, SALT, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, SODIUM CITRATE, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, SUGAR, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS FROM NON-MEAT SOURCES, TORULA YEAST, CARAMEL COLOR, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM TRIPOLYPHOSPHATE, NATURAL SMOKE FLAVOR, MALIC ACID, GUAR GUM, YEAST EXTRACT, LOCUST BEAN AND GUAR GUM, SODIUM SULFITE, CARRAGEENAN, RED #3, DISODIUM INOSINATE, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, NIACINAMIDE, IRON [FERROUS SULFATE], AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, NONFAT DRY MILK, YELLOW #6, VITAMIN B1 [THIAMIN MONONITRATE], VITAMIN B6 [PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE], VITAMIN B2 [RIBOFLAVIN], CITRIC ACID, CYANOCOBALAMIN.

mmmm all natural.

twinkie ingredients

Polysorbate 60, wheat flour, bleach, enrichment blend (ferrous sulfate and B vitamins – niacin, thiamine mononitrate, (B1) riboflaven (B2), folic acid), sugar, corn sweeteners, corn syrup (dextrose, glucose, high-fructose corn syrup), corn thickeners (cornstarch, modified cornstarch, corn dextrins, corn flour), water, soy (partially hydrogenated vegetable and/or animal shortening, soy lecithin, and soy protein isolate), eggs, cellulose gum, whey, leavenings, baking soda, phosphates (sodium acid pyrophosphate and monocalcium phosphate), salt, mono and diglycerides, natural and artificial flavours, sodium stearoyl lactylate, sodium and calcium caseinate, calcium sulfate, sorbic acid, and last but not least, FD&C yellow no. 5 and red no. 40.

how can something "good for you" have an ingredient list just as long as something "bad for you"?

I like to eat food with just one ingredient on the label.

you know like apples but i certainly don't want the government telling me what to eat.

Oh, I never said it was all natural. Do you eat meat? Do you know what's in that? :eek:

I like to eat fruits and veggies too, but sometimes I like a veggy burger, veggy bacon or veggy hot dog. Still healthier than hormone laced meat products. Even our fruits and veggies have crap in/on them. The only safe thing to do is grow your own I guess, but it's hard to do in a condo.

As for telling someone what to eat, the only person I tell what to eat is my daughter, while she's under my roof. My fiancee is one of the biggest carnivores out there.

I think this is pretty great; trans fats are cancer causing fat substitutes that were created as a cheaper way to satisfy our tastebuds. All this is doing is keeping restaurants and food vendors who don't even include in their food descriptions from putting this cancer causing substance into our foods without us knowing it. No one wants trans fats, unless what they really want is cancer. Seriously, this shouldn't offend anyone except executives and accountants at food production plants.

*smirk* Transfats are the least dangerous chemical added to food. Really, McDonalds has more preservatives per ounce than potato chips. Don't care honestly as long as they don't change the flavor, but then they HAVE to put regular fat back into the foods (well just stop taking it out) so I can live off the stuff. I an ski and bones and eat like a fucking pig, but the food these days just doesn't have enough fat in it anymore for someone who is moderately active.

Forum List

Back