California Death Row Inmate Assured Painless Execution

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
I wonder if the 17 year old he raped, tortured and murdered experienced any pain.

-------

SAN FRANCISCO — California's attorney general told a judge Wednesday that the state would employ an anesthesiologist to make sure a death row inmate suffers no extreme pain during execution.

To comply with Tuesday's order by U.S. District Judge Jeremy Fogel of San Jose, the anesthesiologist must determine that Michael Morales is unconscious after he's given a sedative. Only then, under the judge's order, can a paralyzing agent and finally a heart-stopping drug be administered.

A spokesman for Attorney General Bill Lockyer said having the anesthesiologist present during next week's scheduled execution is "one of the best options available."

"It gives the state an opportunity to develop a clear record (about) what medical experts have already said: a person executed under California lethal injection protocol receives no pain," Lockyer spokesman Nathan Barankin said.

Fogel threatened to block the execution, scheduled for Tuesday, without the change of protocol to guarantee against cruel and unusual punishment, which is banned by the Constitution.

As an alternative, the judge had said the state could use an overdose of a sedative to execute Morales.

Also Wednesday, Morales lost another legal round to stay alive when the California Supreme Court dismissed one of his two remaining legal challenges. Without elaboration, the justices said the argument based on disputed trial testimony lacked merit.

Morales is on death row for the rape-torture murder of a 17-year-old San Joaquin County girl 25 years ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,185032,00.html

First of all, executions should be carried out within 30 days. Supporting this bastard for 25 years is completely uncalled for, and a drain on finances that could be put to better use.

Second, why are we so worried about a "painless" execution? For the last time, <b>bullets are cheap</b>. They're effective as hell, too.

Shattered said:
First of all, executions should be carried out within 30 days. Supporting this bastard for 25 years is completely uncalled for, and a drain on finances that could be put to better use.

Second, why are we so worried about a "painless" execution? For the last time, <b>bullets are cheap</b>. They're effective as hell, too.
But he's still with us. :coffee3: Seems the doctors wouldn't go along with it. Now if they don't off him by midnight tonight, I believe, they have to go back to the original judge, who no longer wants him executed.

Kathianne said:
But he's still with us. :coffee3: Seems the doctors wouldn't go along with it. Now if they don't off him by midnight tonight, I believe, they have to go back to the original judge, who no longer wants him executed.

Perhaps, then, the judge is willing to take his place in the execution line?

Bonnie said:
Good one Cindy :cof:

Well, obviously, <i>someone</i> should pay.. After all, that poor kid paid with her life. And for what? Nothing.

Shattered said:
Well, obviously, <i>someone</i> should pay.. After all, that poor kid paid with her life. And for what? Nothing.

I wonder why they don't just make him bite down on a cyanide capsule if they are soo worried about his pain? It worked for Hilter...

I like the bullet idea as well, they killed that Russian serial killer that way, right after his trial, they took him back to his cell and shot him in the back of his skull.

Bonnie said:
I wonder why they don't just make him bite down on a cyanide capsule if they are soo worried about his pain? It worked for Hilter...

I like the bullet idea as well, they killed that Russian serial killer that way, <b>right after his trial, they took him back to his cell and shot him in the back of his skull.</b>

See? Simple. Cheap. Fool proof. Effective.

End of story.

I have never supported the death penalty, but this one comes close to switching me over.

Especially you Gunny..........

The citizens of California need to rush out and buy Mr. Morales some new furniture for his cell, a new Dell with 256K, 3 GIG and an easy chair so he will be comfortable. All he did was rape and kill one little girl, it's not like he established a "pattern" of murderous behavior. Why just think, his dad may have spanked him when he was little thereby causing his murderous rampage.

This insensativity has got to stop on the part of you conservative killer types. The only reason you are acting like this is because "he is a minority".

What is wrong with spending a few thousand more of our dollars to make sure he is comfortable when he is executed.

On a serious note I know a painless way to get rid of the bastard. No doctors, drug experts or many resources needed at all, just one dude, one 50 cal Desert Eagle, one blindfold, 2 kneepads, 1 splatterguard and 1 extre large 10 ply trash bag!!!!!!!

GunnyL said:
And boring. Hanged, drawn and quartered on PPV........ :thewave:

Now I'm boring? Wow. You used to like my quick, no nonsense approach to things..

Whatever happened to impaling and boiling in oil? Now those are some classics. Then, we could always go back to crucifixion, something everyone can understand.

Bonnie said:
Been watchin Braveheart again?? :laugh: :thup:

LOL ....no. Believe it or not, the movie is too sappy for me, and very historically accurate.

I am a firm believer that if the death penalty was carried out in a painful manner in public, it WOULD deter some criminals. Not all ...some. Some is better than none.

I do not believe justice is served being overly-concerned with the humanity involved in the execution of someone who obviously had NO regard for the life he/she took.

Forum List

Back