California Bullet Train

But of course he cancels the bullet train. We need to bring back coal-burning steam engines, dammit! That'll make America great again, by golly.

I know trump lovers wouldn't know this becauce they don't travel outside of their district.....most of the world have bullet trains even African are getting them....and it is the best and most convenient way of traveling.

Most of the world's passenger trains are heavily subsidized by the government, including our own Amtrak. Passenger trains aren't profitable because it's faster to fly and sometimes cheaper.

But of course he cancels the bullet train. We need to bring back coal-burning steam engines, dammit! That'll make America great again, by golly.

I know trump lovers wouldn't know this becauce they don't travel outside of their district.....most of the world have bullet trains even African are getting them....and it is the best and most convenient way of traveling.
most Americans jump on a plane for long distance and for shorter distances, most enjoy getting in the car and heading out....we apparently are not like everyone else....
It will help relief busy freeways between major cities, and also for those who dont own car or afraid of flying.

It will help relief busy freeways between major cities, and also for those who dont own car or afraid of flying.

They already have Amtrak & CAtrain & Greyhound & city bus lines. Many of those run empty. But I know, this one will be the perfect score.

There are more than 33 flights a day from LA to San Francisco. The cost is $159 round trip.

Flights

The proposed train would cost more per seat. It would take twice as long. Any questions as to why it is unpopular?

we need a fully functional demo, first.

Here's the one they used.
th

California bullet train is currently 10 years behind schedule and $46 BILLION over budget. And now has been dealt another setback....thank you President Trump.

Trump administration cancels $929-million grant for California bullet train
Americans today are too weak to accomplish great things. We’d rather beg for tariffs and subsidies from the big fed gubmint so we can do mindless, low skill labor than go out and accomplish anything.

You just described the bullet train fiasco to a T.

Apparently what they do is borrow a bunch of money (CA bonds, to be repaid by Taxpayers plus interest)....then funnel that money to DEMs as payback for working the vote. They use phony never-ending GW studies as the reason for years of delay. Their real goal is dirty money and bust up the big central valley farmers......gain more control.

Ok let's finance space force and the hundreds of useless army bases all over the world instead :). Or better yet, let's give it to fat donny and his family's trips and security.

10 years longer than they thought, $46 billion over budget and you are bitchin about Trump not sending less than another billion? What about the California politicians and engineers that are so over budget and that have drug this out over 10 years longer than it should have been? About time you held the right people responsible.
Were there mistakes made? of course....and trump is not a saint. The orange family did cost the taxpayers over 100 mil alone, I don't see you complaining about that.

Mistakes were made? Considering they're $46 billion (with a B) over budget they must have made more than mistakes. BTW just $1 billion is a heck of a lot more than 100 mil....dumbass.
Dumbshit:

1. I'll let the governor answer you and your dumb leader.: "Fake news. We're building high-speed rail, connecting the Central Valley and beyond. This is CA's money, allocated by Congress for this project. We're not giving it back. The train is leaving the station — better get on board! (Also, desperately searching for some wall $$??)"
2. 1B for millions of Californians vs 100MIL for a wealthy family...do the math.

3. And what do you know about state budgeting of projects of this magnitude to call it overbudgetting?

Over budgeting? $13 billion, which was approved was moved to $77 billion and now they said it could top $98.1 billion. That isn’t over budgeting that is insane. Now, you cry because Trump withheld less than 1% of the total cost? 1%? That is it, less than 1%. If that less than 1% kills the project, it wasn’t going to make it and California had to know it. California now has an excuse. The greatest state, the richest state, the most liberal state should be able to ask their rich to pay for the rail. Ask the California 1% to pay the 1% you didn’t get from the federal government.
We still want what Congress approved to give..is our money after all.

Most of the world's passenger trains are heavily subsidized by the government, including our own Amtrak. Passenger trains aren't profitable because it's faster to fly and sometimes cheaper.

And a personal vehicle can take you where you want to go, when you want to go there, while at the end of the month you own more than an expired rail pass.

Ok let's finance space force and the hundreds of useless army bases all over the world instead :). Or better yet, let's give it to fat donny and his family's trips and security.

10 years longer than they thought, $46 billion over budget and you are bitchin about Trump not sending less than another billion? What about the California politicians and engineers that are so over budget and that have drug this out over 10 years longer than it should have been? About time you held the right people responsible.
Were there mistakes made? of course....and trump is not a saint. The orange family did cost the taxpayers over 100 mil alone, I don't see you complaining about that.

Obama, Bush, Clinton all traveled and used public cost, I have never complained about it. Wasting $46 billion, should be a bigger concern for Californians that just let their state steal taxpayers blind. Of course Californians haven’t been known to be to bright. You just proved it.
really?....lots of advancements in science,technology and medicine has come out of that not to bright state...

That is my point, they have always survived and the project should continue. The whole idea that not getting less than 1% of the project money is going to end the project is ridiculous. They were granted the money nine years ago and the state of California has failed to meet the conditions of receiving their grant money. The state of California needs to be on the hot seat not a President that did nothing that should impact the project.

Something is very wrong and Issa wants to blame the President and not the state of California, he doesn't seem very bright to me.
We all know the orange has a beef against blue states, he showed that he is the president of the red states only.

We all know the orange has a beef against blue states, he showed that he is the president of the red states only.

He's President of all the United States, and if the Blue States want to fight about it, tough shit.

Obama, Bush, Clinton all traveled and used public cost, I have never complained about it. Wasting $46 billion, should be a bigger concern for Californians that just let their state steal taxpayers blind. Of course Californians haven’t been known to be to bright. You just proved it.
really?....lots of advancements in science,technology and medicine has come out of that not to bright state...

That is my point, they have always survived and the project should continue. The whole idea that not getting less than 1% of the project money is going to end the project is ridiculous. They were granted the money nine years ago and the state of California has failed to meet the conditions of receiving their grant money. The state of California needs to be on the hot seat not a President that did nothing that should impact the project.

Something is very wrong and Issa wants to blame the President and not the state of California, he doesn't seem very bright to me.
issa does not like talking about the negative aspects of California....if you do,to him,you are bashing the state...
You'd like to show me one positive topic about california in here?
The rednecks in here are bashing California in hundreds of topics....not one single positive one, and you dont seem to point it out...biased much ?

And they work best when privately funded and built as the japanese did.

No form is the best just because you say so

You'd like to show me one positive topic about california in here?
The rednecks in here are bashing California in hundreds of topics....not one single positive one, and you dont seem to point it out...biased much ?

Nothing positive about California, go figure ... You should smoke another blunt and try to think of why that may be.

We subsidize tons of things that everyday Americans dont benefit from...why not a man of transportation that eases traffic, reduce pollution and help people move around ?

We subsidize tons of things that everyday Americans dont benefit from...why not a man of transportation that eases traffic, reduce pollution and help people move around ?

Sounds like a great idea; maybe the credit union will give you a loan.
Otherwise, it goes on the list behind subsidizing research into how astronauts can eat their poop while making the trip to Mars.

And why should we subsidizing those tons of other things? Where is that in the Constitution? Maybe that's why we're $22 trillion in debt and climbing.

Anybody who's sat backwards on a train knows what happens in a couple hours....you'll lose your breakfast. Anybody who's driven from "Frisco" (they hate that word) to LA knows what the scenery is like....there ain't any. And if it runs close to the ocean, you'll only see it on one side of the car..the other side gets to look at what is pretty much Oklahoma without the purple tornado sky. And of course it's more expensive and there's always the chance that there's no security so nutcases and robbers will have a field day. Jerry Brown's last good idea was getting away from Linda Ronstadt before she gave him more STDs than he already had.

Last edited:

And why should we subsidizing those tons of other things? Where is that in the Constitution? Maybe that's why we're $22 trillion in debt and climbing.
Than we cut them all, and dont just punish those states that are anti orange.

Forum List

Back