California Bullet Train

The US as a whole is in debt as most Americans are. I knew this before I moved here 20 years ago...and that's the first thing I was told by my parents " if you cant afford it dont buy it"
I see why califoenia has a beef with trump the **** made it personal...while he signs blank checks for different entities he is punishing blue states for standing up to his foolishness.

BTW, You are right, if you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. California can’t afford the train, they should not buy it. Look at all the money saved for other social programs, like feeding illegal immigrants, more cleaning crews in San Francisco to clean up human excrement from the sidewalks. More money to fight fires.
Let California de ide what they wanna do. I've seen how efficient and useful the bullet trains are and they will help tremendously.

Great! California can build the train, I have no problem with that, they can use their money to build it, I have no issue there. The state of Washington didn’t build tracks, uses the north Sounder train to go between Seattle and Everett. The cost is astronomical. Read this and you will be amazed how much this costs the taxpayers every year. Government and efficiency are not two words that go together. Sound Transit's Money Pit: The High Cost of the Sounder North Line
in my opinion, we should be improving tunneling technologies at every opportunity. any returns to scale there, will help anywhere we should need to tunnel.

a tunnel in earthquake country?....go for it danny....

I know that will be a tunnel I won’t ever drive in.

California bullet train is currently 10 years behind schedule and $46 BILLION over budget. And now has been dealt another setback....thank you President Trump.
You just posted why he canceled the grant, moron. Why should Trump give them a single fucking dollar if they're already 46 BILLION over budget and 10 YEARS behind schedule? Californians have proven themselves too incompetent to do this project so fucking end it or use your own fucking money.

Seattle’s tunnel only cost $3.3 billion for 1.75 miles, pretty expensive to me.

The gigantic boring machine also broke down causing months of delay while they tried to figure out what was broken and then how to get to the machine to repair the damage.

The tunnel is to replace the old Alaskan Way Viaduct with a bored tunnel so no lives would be endangered in the event of an earthquake. Then again, that might be worse. Consider Seattle without potable water.

we should include capacity for infrastructure in the tunnels for cost reduction or sharing purposes.

We [Florida Panhandle] got a $3.2 MILLION TURTLE TUNNEL as a "benefit" of the failed Obama Stimulus Plan. Send us a million dollars and you can share that tunnel with us. It is sort of a fast food drive through for our alligators.

Not California sorry.

Well, California is crying because the federal government won’t give them money to fund a train. California is running at a deficit. To leave the union would take billions, which California doesn’t have.

If California tried to leave they’d get bitch slapped and the majority of Californians by a 2-1 margin are against such a move.

Dream on silly boy.
The US as a whole is in debt as most Americans are. I knew this before I moved here 20 years ago...and that's the first thing I was told by my parents " if you cant afford it dont buy it"
I see why califoenia has a beef with trump the **** made it personal...while he signs blank checks for different entities he is punishing blue states for standing up to his foolishness.

BTW, You are right, if you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. California can’t afford the train, they should not buy it. Look at all the money saved for other social programs, like feeding illegal immigrants, more cleaning crews in San Francisco to clean up human excrement from the sidewalks. More money to fight fires.
Let California de ide what they wanna do. I've seen how efficient and useful the bullet trains are and they will help tremendously.

Great! California can build the train, I have no problem with that, they can use their money to build it, I have no issue there. The state of Washington didn’t build tracks, uses the north Sounder train to go between Seattle and Everett. The cost is astronomical. Read this and you will be amazed how much this costs the taxpayers every year. Government and efficiency are not two words that go together. Sound Transit's Money Pit: The High Cost of the Sounder North Line
Than the feds need to stop subsidizing other projects and farmers they need to finance themselves and dont use our money.

Fake news hahaha...dude I live here, freeways packed, housing inventory super low, high demand on everything.
Keep on dreaming.

Fiscal ranking has nothing to do with freeways packed or housing inventory.
Since you good at this tells how did trump fiscality turn out to be ? Better than those who run California? Dont be shy, tell us about it.

Fiscally, Trump is a disaster, I don’t like that he is continuing to run up the debt. He is no different than any President in this regard since Coolidge. Spend money you don’t have. The idea is to balance the budget and pay down debt because one day it will bite us and it will be far worse than the Great Depression. Both the Democrats and Republicans are setting us up to fail and all you people do are cry about unimportant BS like a stupid railway.
Now I agree with you, except that trump is poisonous both domestically and internationally..

I thought Obama was poisonous both domestically and internationally. He was a weak leader. I am not that impressed with Trump at least he isn’t bombing Libya.
Did Obama screw up on some international issues ? Yes he did. Trump just managed to have the world hate the US again since Bush was gone...except 2 rogue nations (Israel and Russia)

in my opinion, we should be improving tunneling technologies at every opportunity. any returns to scale there, will help anywhere we should need to tunnel.

Japan is full of tunnels. And it is the capital of earthquakes. And a side note earthquake affect mostly the surface.

Well, California is crying because the federal government won’t give them money to fund a train. California is running at a deficit. To leave the union would take billions, which California doesn’t have.

If California tried to leave they’d get bitch slapped and the majority of Californians by a 2-1 margin are against such a move.

Dream on silly boy.

Than the feds need to stop subsidizing other projects and farmers they need to finance themselves and dont use our money.

I have been saying that for decades, we need to cut spending and raise taxes until we are out of debt.

Fiscal ranking has nothing to do with freeways packed or housing inventory.
Since you good at this tells how did trump fiscality turn out to be ? Better than those who run California? Dont be shy, tell us about it.

Fiscally, Trump is a disaster, I don’t like that he is continuing to run up the debt. He is no different than any President in this regard since Coolidge. Spend money you don’t have. The idea is to balance the budget and pay down debt because one day it will bite us and it will be far worse than the Great Depression. Both the Democrats and Republicans are setting us up to fail and all you people do are cry about unimportant BS like a stupid railway.
Now I agree with you, except that trump is poisonous both domestically and internationally..

I thought Obama was poisonous both domestically and internationally. He was a weak leader. I am not that impressed with Trump at least he isn’t bombing Libya.
Did Obama screw up on some international issues ? Yes he did. Trump just managed to have the world hate the US again since Bush was gone...except 2 rogue nations (Israel and Russia)

Obama made us look weak, I don’t think that image is good for America.

Japan is full of tunnels. And it is the capital of earthquakes. And a side note earthquake affect mostly the surface.

Depends on the earthquake, some are on the surface many can be as deep as 500 ft. I think it is a dumb idea on the Pacific Rim.

We dont need to be the bully.

Depends on the earthquake, some are on the surface many can be as deep as 500 ft. I think it is a dumb idea on the Pacific Rim.

There has been tunnels in California and even a small subway line in LA for example.
And Japan has hundreds of miles of underground subways. It is doable.

There has been tunnels in California and even a small subway line in LA for example.

... that would be the most logical place to connect a high speed rail BUT yet theyre not
so why isnt it going up between LA , San fran and San Diego ?
why are they putting it up between Bakersfield and whatever that other town was ..why is it running through some of the poorest counties in the country?
thats populated by vegetables,fruits and cows
why is it not heading into job centers ?like LA and san fran ?
will you be using the money you guys save from aborting and murdering fetuses to run it

derp

We dont need to be the bully.

We are far from a bully, I would like all the troops from around the world brought home. We need to mind our business and not the worlds.

We shall see, if you got the money buy it, we don’t have the money to do everything.

advances in tunneling technologies can solve some issues to some extent.

"earth quake foam" or floating tunnels could solve some issues and help with seagoing floating tunnel technologies.

"earth quake foam" or floating tunnels could solve some issues and help with seagoing floating tunnel technologies.

Between LA and SF is seagoing?

Forum List

Back